How to Recover Data from Bricked Android with Ease - MiniTool
- Help, Android Phone Get Bricked!
- How to Recover Data from Bricked Android
- How to Unbrick Android Phone
- Tips to Avoid Bricking your Android Phone
- Related Articles
- User Comments
Summary: Is your Android phone bricked? Fail to access all the data on your phone? Take it easy! MiniTool Mobile Recovery for Android can help to recover data from bricked Android. Besides, some possible ways to unbrick Android phone are offered.
Help, Android Phone Get Bricked!
"I tried to flash a ROM on my Huawei Y511 using SP Flash Tool.
It failed, and my phone got bricked!
Now the phone doesn't start normally, or in download mode, or in recovery.
It doesn't respond at all.
Can anybody help me please!!!!"
What Is Bricked Phone?
First and foremost, let's get something straight. Usually, most persons use the term "brick" improperly. Actually, it means that your Android phone won't turn on in any way, shape or form. Namely, the bricked phone is not responding to any commands. If your device is stuck in a boot loop or boots straight into recovery mode, it is not really bricked. In a nutshell, bricked phone issue can be caused by some reasons, such as interruption while OS updating process, flawed firmware or wrong firmware installation on wrong hardware, malicious software and more.
When a bricked issue occurs, it will hinder you from accessing your phone or tablet and all files are dormant. Even more serious is that data loss probably comes up. Then, many Android users concern how to recover data from a bricked Android phone and fix bricked Android phone after data recovery.
Today, we write this article focusing on bricked Android data recovery and unbricking Android. Keep reading.
How to Recover Data from Bricked Android
When reading here, a problem is asked by some of you: is it possible to get data back from the bricked Android phone? In fact, despite many challenges that come with your unresponsive Android phone, you still have a chance to rescue data from bricked Android phone so long as you ask a recovery tool for help.
MiniTool Mobile Recovery for Android
Thankfully, the good news is that MiniTool Mobile Recovery for Android is a piece of dedicated and risk-free Android data recovery. Importantly, it has an ability to restore your data including the lost and existing, such as contacts, text messages, call histories, videos, audios, documents, pictures and more even though there is no backup created of your computer. Besides, before starting the recovery process, you are capable of scanning the files and previewing them on your computer. Moreover, this free Android recovery program is supported by many Android phones and tablets like HTC, Samsung, Huawei, LG, Google Nexus, Sony and more only if they are running Android OS. Without a complementary program, it can work on your computer running Windows 10/8/7.
If you are suffering from bricked Android phone issue, just download the Free Edition of this program and try it out now.
The following is the guide on how to use the MiniTool Mobile Recovery for Android to recover data from bricked Android. Let's see the details.
Guide to Bricked Android Data Recovery
Case 1: Directly Recover Data from Bricked Android Phone
Firstly, let's see how to directly recover data from dead/bricked phone internal memory.
Step 1: Choose a Proper Module.
Double click on MiniTool Mobile Recovery for Android you have installed on your computer. And then, you can see this program offers you two recovery modules: Recover from Phone and Recover from SD-Card. The former is helpful to directly recover (internal data from) completely bricked phone. Here, just click this feature on the left side of the main interface to rescue data from bricked Android phone.
1. This recovery module only works on a rooted Android device. Thus, please make sure your phone has been rooted in advance before it gets bricked. Otherwise, this free program will fail to recover files from bricked Android phone.
2. Guarantee that the USB debugging is always allowed from the computer. And you need to use this software on the computer which you have connected your phone to before. Or else, a bricked phone limits you to enabling USB debugging from the computer you never connect your phone to.
Step 2: Connect the Android device.
Please connect your bricked phone to PC via a USB cable. Then, MiniTool Mobile Recovery for Android will directly identify your phone.
Note: During the recovery process, please make sure no other Android management software is running. Or else, this recovery program will not work well.
Step 3: Choose a scan method.
Next, you will enter Device Ready to Scan interface, as shown below. Here, you can see two scan methods are offered as well as the respectively supported file types. Which one should you choose to recover data from bricked Android phone or tablet? It's up to you. Let's see some details.
1. Quick Scan: This way can help to scan your device in a fast way. When selecting it, you will find only four file types are checked by default including Contacts, Messages, Call History and WhatsApp messages & attachments. Namely, this scan method is suitable to only recover these file types from Android phone or tablet. Besides, it allows you to uncheck the file types you won't want to recover.
2. Deep Scan: This scan method is suitable for more files recovery. When selecting it, you see all file types that MiniTool Mobile Recovery for Android supports are checked by default, including Contacts, Messages, Call History, WhatsApp messages & attachments, Gallery, Video, Audio, and Documents. Note that you are forbidden to uncheck the file types you don't need, thus, the scan process needs more time.
Step 4: Enter analysis interface.
Then, this free Android recovery software will start to analyze the data on your device and start a scan.
Step 5: Perform bricked data Android recovery.
MiniTool Mobile Recovery for Android will take some time to scan your device. After that, you will enter the scan result interface where you can see all the scanned file types on the left side are marked in blue. If there is no result, the data type is marked in gray.
Just choose one file type you want to recover, then, the specified files will be listed in the interface. For example, if you only need to recover lost messages, click Messages and check all the items you need and click Recover button to continue.
- MiniTool Mobile Recovery for Android allows you to preview some data types like messages, pictures, contacts, call histories and more.
- This tool can scan not only deleted/lost files but also existing files. If you only want to get deleted data from the bricked Android phone, switch to so as to only display deleted items and then start a recovery.
- The Free Edition of this program limits you to recovering 10 files of each data type each time. In order to recover more data without limitation, please get its advanced edition.
Step 6: Choose a storage path. A small window with a default storage path will pop out. If you want to change the path, please click Browse to choose one based on your needs. Finally, click Recover button.
"Once I installed MiniTool Mobile Recovery for Android on my computer to recover my lost pictures. Now, my phone gets bricked. Thankfully, this free tool also helps me to rescue all my data back."Click to tweet
Case 2: Recover Bricked Android Data from SD Card
What should you do if your Android phone is not rooted or USB debugging hasn't been enabled before bricked phone issue? If you have an SD card included in your bricked Android phone, MiniTool Mobile Recovery for Android is also helpful to recover files from bricked Android. See how it works now.
Step 1: Launch MiniTool Mobile Recovery for Android and then click Recover from SD-Card in the main interface.
Step 2: Take out your SD card from your bricked phone and connect it to your computer via SD card reader.
Hot article: What Is SD Card Reader & How To Use It
Step 3: Next, the SD card will be showing up. Just choose it to click Next button.
Step 4: Then, this program will begin to analyze this SD card and scan all data saved on it. After that, you will enter the scan result interface. Also, check all the items you need and click Recover button to the next step.
Step 5: Click Recover button to rescue data to the specified storage path on your computer.
MiniTool Mobile Recovery for Android is fairly helpful to recover data from bricked Android phone or the SD card included in the phone. Just free download it to have a try or use its full edition to get more data back.
How to Unbrick Android Phone
After finishing bricked android data recovery, some of you still want to fix bricked Android phone. Generally, 99% of the bricked devices can be unbricked.
There are two types of bricking including soft brick and hard brick. The former occurs due to software errors but the latter happens due to hardware malfunction. Actually, a hard brick device is the real "bricked/dead" and cannot be unbricked. But, it is possible to unbrick your soft bricked Android phone.
① Wipe Your Data and Cache
When you are flashing a custom ROM, your Android phone will keep rebooting. This is because you forget to wipe all the data or cache of the previous ROM. If you try to boot the device, some leftover data from your last ROM can cause some errors to it and hence it will reboot over and over again. In this case, it is important to wipe ROM data.
1. Power down your Android phone and then boot it into recovery mode. Usually, press Volume Up, Home and Power buttons simultaneously as you turn your phone on and then press Volume Down to select Recovery Mode. Note that it may be a bit different on every phone, thus, look for the proper way online based on the specific model.
2. Use volume keys to navigate the menus and power button to select menu items.
3. Scroll down to Advanced to select Wipe Dalvik Cache option.
4. Return to the main screen and choose Wipe Cache Partition.
5. Lastly, choose Wipe Data/Factory Reset to delete all settings and apps, using the correct ROM.
6. Reboot your Android phone.
② Flash a New ROM
When booting up your phone, it may go straight into recovery mode automatically. It is likely that there is an issue with the ROM you flashed. In this case, you need to reflash the ROM from scratch to recover bricked android.
In addition, there are other possible ways to do brick restoration, for instance, restore from a stock ROM when phone boots straight into its Bootloader. This post How Do I Fix My Bricked Android Phone shows you the details.
If your phone is really bricked, please contact the manufacturer for service.
Tips to Avoid Bricking your Android Phone
Bricked phone issue often happens, leading to data loss. To avoid some troubles, pay attention to the following tips:
1. Consider enabling USB debugging because many solutions for a bricked phone depends on USB debugging.
2. Prevention is better than the cure. Thus, form a good habit of backup. Once data loss after bricked phone issue or other issues, the backup is useful.
3. Make sure the custom ROM you use can actually be used on your device model.
4. Please ensure you understand what you are doing when installing custom ROM on your device. Before attempting everything, please try to learn much about the process as you can.
This post walks you through what bricked phone is, how to recover data from bricked Android with the two recovery modules of MiniTool Mobile Recovery for Android, how to do bricked phone repair and some tips you should pay attention to. If you are facing a bricked phone, try to recover bricked Android data and fix bricked Android phone by following the above guide.
Should you have any problems with using our software, please tell us. Or if you have any suggestions for fixing bricked phone, don't hesitate to let us know. Two ways are offered: leave a comment in the following area or send your ideas to [email protected].