See! I Can Free Recover Mac Photos with Ease
- Solution 1. Recover Mac Photos from Trash
- Solution 2. Recover Mac Photos from Time Machine
- Solution 3. Free Mac Photo Recovery Software Restores Lost Photos on Mac Free
- 4 Tips on How to Avoid Photo Loss on Mac
- Bottom Line
- Related Articles
- User Comments
Problem: Hello, I am now desperate. Just a couple of hours ago I must have made a wrong operation, probably Command plus Delete those precious photos transferred from the camera to my Mac machine. Now they are totally gone. I do not have backup (Time Machine). And I have tried 2 programs and both need me to pay about 100 bucks. Can anyone recommend any free Mac photo recovery apps? Is it possible to recover Mac photos free without affecting the original data?
Have you ever encountered the same problem? In general, many users more or less delete some important photos by mistake. According to a survey, we find that Mac photo recovery has been the problem annoying many Mac users.
Now, in today's post, I am going to show you 3 free solutions to help you recover lost photos on Mac.
Solution 1. Recover Mac Photos from Trash
As we know, if you delete Mac files, the files will go to Trash and they are kept here for 30 days. Therefore, if you change your mind before the 30 days have elapsed, you can quickly and easily get the deleted files back.
Firstly, you need to open Trash to get its main window. After that, you are supposed to right-click the desired file and then choose "Put Back", as shown below.
Solution 2. Recover Mac Photos from Time Machine
Have you ever heard of Time Machine?
In general, almost every Mac user will know that Time Machine can help to back up or restore your Mac. Therefore, if you have backed up your photos with Time Machine, you can try the following steps to get lost pictures back without paying a penny.
- Click Time Machine in the Dock.
- Find the files to restore.
- Click Restore to recover the selected file.
Although solution 1 and solution 2 can help to recover Mac photos free, they have great limitations. For instance, if you want to turn to Time Machine to recover lost photos, you should make sure that you have backed up all needed files. However, most people always forget to back up needed files. Therefore, what should we do if there is no back up files? What should we do if we mistakenly empty the Mac Trash?
Is there another way to recover Mac photos free?
Of course, the answer is yes! There indeed is a much more effective way to recover lots photos on Mac free.
WANT TO KNOW THE BEST WAY?
Solution 3. Free Mac Photo Recovery Software Restores Lost Photos on Mac Free
With the development of software technology, more and more data recovery tools are now made available in the market which can help to recover lost photos. However, do you know which one is the best choice for us? It is recommended to choose a piece of free, simple and professional photo recovery software equipped with high security. MiniTool Mac Photo Recovery Free, developed by MiniTool Solution Ltd., is recommended here.
Why Choose MiniTool Mac Photo Recovery
1. It is a professional yet free tool, and it is specially designed to recover lost photos. Apart from photo recovery, it also supports video recovery and audio recovery.
2. It is a read-only recovery tool. It will not attempt to "fix" or write to the device you are about to recover. Therefore, it can help to recover lost data on Mac without bringing any damage to your original data.
3. It owns clear interfaces, simple operations and powerful functions. Even a new user can easily handle this easy-to-use tool to restore lost data.
4. It supports recovering various kinds of photos (JPG, TIFF/TIF, PNG, BMP, GIF, PSD, CRW, CR2, NEF, ORF, RAF, SR2, MRW, DCR , WMF, DNG, ERF, RAW, etc.) and video & audio files.
5. This easy-to-use tool not only can recover photos from Mac hard drive, but also can recover photos from memory card, USB disk, and more. Besides, it even can recover photo from formatted SD card for free. What's more, you can directly connect Digital Camera to your Mac and then run this software to recover photos, videos and audios.
6. It can preview photos before saving. With preview, you can find desired data more accurately.
7. It is able to save scanning result automatically. You can load previous scanning results and free recover lost photos directly.
8. It supports Mac OS X 10.5 and above.
"MiniTool Mac Photo Recovery is a wise choice for us to recover lost photos on Mac for free. It scans Mac hard drive and other storage devices without destroying any data."Click to tweet
Now, let's see how to recover lost photos on Mac free with MiniTool Mac Photo Recovery.
Step-by-step to Guide to Recovering Photos from Mac Free
To be honest, even our grandmother can easily recover lost photos as long as she turns to MiniTool Mac Photo Recovery, for its simple interfaces and straightforward wizards can lead her to go through all steps without any difficulty. Here, the exact operating steps are displayed:
Step 1: Download and install MiniTool Mac Photo Recovery, and then launch it, and finally click Start button to start photo recovery.
- Never install this free Mac photo recovery software on the drive containing lost data. Otherwise, the original data could be overwritten, and there is no way to recover them.
- If you are recovering photos from memory card, USB disk or other removable storage devices on Mac OS X, you have to connect your device to computer at first, and then launch MiniTool Mac Photo Recovery. Here, I guess you might be interested in this post: Free Recover Lost/Deleted Photos from Memory Card, Phone, Camera, Etc.
The above window is the main interface of MiniTool Mac Photo Recovery. From this interface, we can see this free mac photo recovery software not only can recover photos from Mac hard drive but also can recover photos from other storage devices including memory card and USB flash drive. What's more, it can help to directly recover photos from digital camera.
Step 2: Select the device you want to recover and then click Scan button, located at lower-right corner.
If we have scanned the drive, we will see the "Previous Recovery Result" graphic option. Now, we can select this option and then click Load button to directly load the previous recovery result for this drive, saving time spent in scanning the same device for the second time, as shown below.
Here, we can make use of the Setting feature. For instance, since we only want to recover lost photos, we can select the target drive, click Setting and then only choose Graphics/Picture and click OK button, and finally click Scan button.
Step 3: Preview all photos, select needed photos, and then click Save button, and finally click Browse button to store selected photos on a safe place.
In this window, we can use the Filter feature to filter needless data by file name and file size, as shown below.
After all operations are done, we have finished recovering lost photos on Mac free.
Note: if you are a Windows user, you can also quickly and effectively restore lost photos for free as long as you turn to MiniTool Photo Recovery for Windows.
Step 1: Connect your storage device to computer, and then launch MiniTool Photo Recovery, and select Start.
Step 2: Scan the target device where data loss appears.
Step 3: Preview and save all needed photos.
To know more information about Windows photo recovery free, you can read this post - How Do I Recover Lost Photo For Free.
"Great! With MiniTool Photo Recovery, I quickly and effectively recovered lost photos from Mac for free and without bringing any damage to the original data. I hope you can try it. It can help you easily get your lost photos back"Click to tweet
Tip: MiniTool Mac Photo Recovery VS. MiniTool Mac Data Recovery
In addition to MiniTool Mac Photo Recovery, MiniTool Solution Ltd. also offers another Mac data recovery tool – MiniTool Mac Data Recovery – to help you recover lost Mac photos.
The above window is the main interface of this professional Mac data recovery software. At this time, you can select a suitable module according to actual needs to recover lost photos. Then, scan the drive containing lost photos. Finally, select and save all needed photos on a safe palace.
MiniTool Mac Data Recovery indeed can help to recover lost photos on Mac with ease, but it doesn't support recovering all lost photos for free. Therefore, if you want to recover lost photos for free, you had better try MiniTool Photo Recovery, for this free tool is specially designed to recover lost photos quickly, safely and easily.
4 Tips on How to Avoid Photo Loss on Mac
No matter what the operating system you are using, you might meet the same predicament of data loss. Data is so important to our daily life. Therefore, every computer user should learn some useful tips to protect data security. Now, here are some effective ways to help you avoid data loss on Mac.
Tip 1: Back up important data
Backing up means making a copy of your most important files, and you can effectively and quickly get lost data back if the original data is lost. However, how to back up Mac important photos and other data?
Here, Mac users can turn to Time Machine to back up all of their files to an external hard drive so that they can restore them later.
- Select System Preferences from the Apple menu.
- Choose the Time Machine icon.
- Then click the "Select Backup Disk…" button to select the drive you want to use as a Time Machine backup.
- Check the Back Up Automatically box in order to automatically back up your Mac to your chosen disk.
Tip 2: Store important files properly
It is recommended to store important files properly on your Mac hard drive. Basically, you are suggested to organize and classify your folders based on the data you handle and give the appropriate names to the separate folder and files in order to prevent yourself from accidentally deleting the folders or files that are useful.
Tip 3: Think twice before emptying Trash
The Trash is where any files that are deleted from the Finder in Mac OS X go to. Thus, once you find you mistakenly deleted some files, you can get them back from Trash. However, if you emptied the Trash, you cannot find your deleted files in the Trash. So, it is recommended to think twice before emptying your Mac Trash.
Tip 4: Select Up-to-date Antivirus Software
To protect your system from being infected with virus or malware maliciously, you had better select the reliable and updated antivirus software.
Like these tips? Click here to tweet it!
Are you still suffering from Mac photo loss? Now, you can try MiniTool Mac Photo Recovery, a free, professional, simple and read-only photo recovery software, to recover lost photos easily, quickly and safely.
If you have any questions or suggestions about Mac photo recovery with MiniTool Mac Photo Recovery, welcome to leave us comments in the comment zone, or you can send email to [email protected]. Thanks in advance!