Check this Windows 11 auto login guide for how to automatically log into Windows 11 without entering a password to save the boot time. MiniTool Software offers many computer tutorials to help you deal with various computer problems. You can check MiniTool News Center for more tips and tricks.
By setting a password for your user account on Windows 11, it can help protect your data and privacy. However, if only you use your computer and it is out of the reach of others, you might choose to bypass the sign-in screen to save the boot time on Windows 11. Check below for how to directly log into Windows 11 without typing the password.
How to Enable Auto Login on Windows 11 – 3 Ways
Way 1. Set Windows 11 Auto Login from Settings
- Click Start -> Settings.
- Click Accounts in the left panel.
- Under Additional settings, turn off the switch of the option “For improved security, only allow Windows Hello sign-in screen for Microsoft accounts on this device”.
- In the pop-up window, enter the password of the user account and click Yes.
- Next, press Windows + R, type netplwiz in the Run dialog, and press Enter.
- Uncheck the option “User must enter a user name and password to use this computer”. Click OK to enable auto login in Windows 11. To disable Windows 11 auto login, you can check this option again.
- In the Automatically sign in window, you need to enter your user name and password. Click OK and click Apply to save the changes.
- Restart your computer and your computer will automatically log in. You don’t have to type a user name and password to sign in to Windows 11 anymore.
Way 2. Edit Registry to Enable Windows 11 Auto Login
Note: Before you edit Windows registry, it’s highly advised you back up Windows Registry first. In case something goes wrong, you can easily restore Windows Registry to a previous setting. Check: How to backup and restore Windows Registry.
- Press Windows + R, type regedit in the Run dialog, and press Enter to open Windows Registry Editor.
- Navigate to the following path: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon.
- Right-click Winlogon and click New -> DWORD (32-bit) Value. Name the new value AutoAdminLogon.
- Double-click AutoAdminLogon and set its value to 1.
- Next, you can right-click Winlogon and click New -> String Value. Name the new value DefaultUserName. Double-click the value and input your user name under Value data. Click OK.
- Then you can right-click Winlogon again and click New -> String Value. Name the new value DefaultPassword. Enter your user account password under Value data and click OK.
In this way, it will disable the login requirement on your Windows 11 computer and you can log in to your system without password.
If you want to change the settings back to ask for password again, you can follow the same operation above to delete the created AutoAdminLogon, DefaultUserName, and DefaultPassword keys in Windows Registry Editor.
Learn how to download PC Health Check app to test your PC for Windows 11’s compatibility.
Way 3. Use Microsoft AutoLogon Tool to Enable/Disable Windows 11 Auto Login
Microsoft also provides a tool named AutoLogon that enables automatic sign-in without a password on Windows 11. This tool stores your encrypted account username and password in Windows Registry and lets you easily enable or disable the automatic sign-in feature on Windows 11.
- You can download the AutoLogon tool from Microsoft official website.
- Unzip the downloaded AutoLogon file.
- Double-click the Autologon64 application file.
- Enter your account password and click Yes.
- In the pop-up window, enter your account password again and click Enable.
- Restart your computer to execute the changes.
If you want to turn off auto-logon in Windows 11 in the future, you can double-click the Autologon64 application file again and select Disable.
Learn how to upgrade from 32-bit Windows 10 to 64-bit Windows 11 in this post. A step-by-step guide is provided.
How to Check If You Have Set a Password/PIN for Windows 11
- Click Start -> Settings.
- Click Accounts in the left panel.
- Click Sign-in options in the right panel.
- Click the Password If you see the text “Sign in with your account’s password” and see a Change button next to it, it means you have set up a password for your account. However, if you see an Add button, it means your account doesn’t set a password yet.
- Still, you can also click PIN (Windows Hello) If you see a Change PIN button, it means you need to sign in with a PIN. If you see a Set up button, then it means you can set up a PIN for the account.
Easy and Free Data Recovery Software for Windows 11/10
MiniTool Software offers a free data recovery program to help users recover deleted files or lost data.
MiniTool Power Data Recovery lets you recover any deleted or lost files from Windows PC or laptop. Aside from this, you can also use this program to recover deleted/lost data from USB flash drives, SD cards, memory cards, external hard drives, SSD, etc.
It can recover data from various data loss situations and even lets you restore data from a system crash. It contains a bootable media builder that lets you create a bootable USB drive to boot your computer into WinPE where you can launch MiniTool Power Data Recovery to scan and recover data from PC.
You can download and install MiniTool Power Data Recovery on your PC or laptop, and check how to recover data below.
- Launch MiniTool Power Data Recovery to enter into its main UI.
- Find and select the target drive under Logical Drives. Click Scan. Or you can click the Devices tab and select the whole disk or device and click Scan. For external drives like USB flash drives, memory cards, external hard drives, you should connect the device to your computer beforehand.
- After the software finishes the scan process, you can check the scan result to find target files. You can also use the Filter or Find function to quickly find the target file. Check needed files and click the Save Select a new location to store the recovered files.
Tip: To choose a specific type of file to scan, you can click the Scan Settings icon in the left bar to select the file types.
Free Disk Partition Manager for Windows 11/10
For Windows users, MiniTool Software also provides a free disk partition manager.
MiniTool Partition Wizard is a professional free hard drive partition manager for Windows. You can use this program to create/delete/extend/resize/format/wipe partition, convert partition between NTFS and FAT32, convert disk between MBR and GPT, check and fix disk errors, benchmark disk, analyze hard drive space usage, and more. It is a full-featured disk partition manager.
If you need a tool to manage disk partitions, you can try this program. Download and install MiniTool Partition Wizard on your Windows computer and try it now.
Free PC Backup Software for Windows 11/10
To avoid permanent data loss, the best way is to always have a backup of important data. You can try a professional PC backup program.
MiniTool ShadowMaker is a professional PC backup program for Windows 11/10. You can use this tool to back up data and system on your PC to another drive with ease.
It lets you freely choose files and folders to back up. You can also select the whole partition or the whole disk to back up to an external hard drive, USB flash drive, or network drive.
It offers two backup modes: backup and sync. Both of these two backup methods support automatic backup. You can set a schedule to back up the selected data automatically. You can restore important data if your computer has problems.
MiniTool ShadowMaker also allows you to backup and restore the Windows system. You can back up the system and restore your Windows system to a previous state from an external drive by using a backup.
Download and install MiniTool ShadowMaker on your Windows computer, and check the simple guide below.
- Run MiniTool ShadowMaker.
- On the main UI, click the Backup module.
- Click the Source section and select the source data you want to back up. You can select files and folders or partitions and disk.
- Click the Destination section and choose a target location or drive to store the backups.
- After selection, click the Back up Now button to start the backup process.
Other Free MiniTool Software Programs You Can Try
A professional free video repair tool allows you to repair corrupted MP4/MOV/M4V/F4V videos. Extremely simple interface and operation. 100% clean and free software.
A professional video editing application offers various video editing features. You can use this program to edit video clips to make personalized videos. You can trim video, add effects/transitions/titles/background music to video, etc. It allows you to export the video in MP4. Many other output formats are also provided. Clean and free.
This program is not only a video converter application. It is also a screen recorder and video downloader. You can use this tool to convert any video or audio file to another format, record computer screen and audio, download YouTube videos for offline playback, etc. Clean and free.
This post teaches you how to enable Windows 11 auto login in 3 ways. Some useful computer software is also provided for your reference. If you have any problems with using MiniTool Software products, you can contact [email protected].