In this article, I’ll focus on introducing solutions to recovering data from a hard drive on Windows 8 with MiniTool Power Data Recovery; those solutions have helped many people get out of data loss troubles as planned.
Windows 8 Data Loss
You might have heard a lot about Windows 8, right? As the a new generation of Windows operating system following Windows 7, Windows 8 was officially launched in October 26, 2012. The interface of Windows 8 has been changed dramatically; Modern UI interface is embedded in Windows 8, so you can see all kinds of programs presented in the style of magnetic stickers.
As a matter of fact, all Windows operating systems, including Windows 8 and Windows 8.1, will become vulnerable when it comes to data security. Most of the case, missing important files like business data and precious pictures from Windows 8 can give users a deep blow and drives them crazy. Because of this, I think it’s necessary to talk about how to recover data from a Windows 8 hard drive here. Do you think so?
In this post, I’m going to talk about Windows 8 data recovery from five aspects.
- How to recover deleted files in Windows 8?
- How to recover data from formatted hard drive in Windows 8?
- How to recover data from deleted partition in Windows 8?
- How to recover lost files on Windows 8?
- How to recover data from Windows 8 after system crash?
Look up for answers in the following content.
After that, I’ll introduce another way to achieve Windows 8 file history restore to new computer without using the Windows 8 data recovery tool I mentioned just now. Read the following steps carefully if you’re stuck in such a dilemma.
5 Ways to Recover Data from A Windows 8 Hard Drive
In order to complete Windows 8 recovery with MiniTool Power Data Recovery, you should go through 3 stages.
- Get program and then install it to a drive which doesn’t include any lost files (please finish those operations without worries since it is regarded as the best data recovery software for Win 8 and other Windows operating systems).
- Launch the HDD recovery software after installation and select the target device to scan from the first window you see to start recovery process.
- Go to the place you’ve selected to store recovered files in the last step of recovery and then check whether all the files you need are here (completely recovered from Windows 8 hard drive).
Now, let’s take a closer look at how to recover data from Windows 8 hard drive in different cases.
How to Recover Permanently Deleted Files in Windows 8
In a Windows operating system, including Windows 8, you can delete unnecessary files permanently by following ways:
- Choose the files you want to delete, and then press the “Shift” & “Delete” button at the same time.
- Choose correct files, right click on them, click on the “Delete” option and press rhe “Shift” button at the same time.
- Right click on the files you plan to delete, and then choose the “Delete” option from right-click menu; afterwards, empty the recycle bin.
Well, what if you have deleted useful files incautiously? Can you recover the deleted files? How to recover deleted files in Windows 8 after shift delete? Now, I’ll answer those questions one by one.
Firstly, please don’t panic when you find you have deleted one (or more) very important file permanently.
Secondly, you should know clearly that you have great chance to recover mistakenly deleted files in Windows 8 as long as you choose a powerful recovery tool and don’t perform any operations to cause secondary damage.
Thirdly, get MiniTool Power Data Recovery immediately since it can be a great tool to recover permanently deleted files in Windows 10/8/7.
Steps of recovering data from a Windows 8 hard drive after accidental deletion:
1. Acquire the recovery software for Windows 8 I’ve just mentioned.
2. Run the software at the end of installation.
3. Select the drive that you plan to recover deleted files from.
4. Click on the “Scan” button to detect files.
5. Pick out the files you want to recover from the scan result.
6. Click on the “Save” button and set a storage path (don’t choose the original drive).
7. Click on the “OK” to confirm your selection.
Please note the following things:
- If the file you select to recover is a picture/txt document, you can make use of the “Preview” function to see its content previously.
- The trial edition doesn’t allow you to recover any data. You’d better purchase a license to register a full edition.
If you’re running a Mac and want to know more details on how to recover deleted files on Mac, you should go to see this article – Tips On Recovering Permanently Deleted Files From Windows & Mac.
Deleting important files in Windows 8 is not the end of the world. You can actually find the permanently deleted files easily as long as there is a practical tool at hand. Want to know the specific steps? Please click this.Click to Tweet
How to Recover Data from Formatted Hard Drive in Windows 8
Sometimes, you may format a hard drive by mistake because you press the wrong or you forget there’s still important data on it. In this situation, you must be eager to acquire a powerful solution to recover data from formatted hard drive in Windows 8, right?
Let’s begin the formatted partition recovery process:
1. Run the software and choose your damaged partition from the main window.
2. Click on the “Scan” button to detect all lost files in it.
3. Look through the found files and check the ones you need to recover.
4. Click on the “Save” button to choose another drive to store them.
5. Click on the “OK” button to confirm.
How to Recover Data from Deleted Partition in Windows 8
Unlike file, a partition can’t be deleted in Windows Explorer. Does this mean you’ll never delete a partition due to carelessness? Of course not. Some users may also delete a partition with important files while they’re managing partitions & disks in Windows Disk Management or by using Diskpart. At this time, can MiniTool Power Data Recovery help? Luckily, the answer is positive.
What to do after you deleted a partition in Windows 8 hard drive:
1. Run the software and choose “Hard Disk Drive”.
2. Select the disk on which the deleted partition was located.
3. Click on the “Scan” button to search for all files in the deleted partition.
4. Browse the files shown in the scan result in software.
5. Choose some of them or all of them to recover.
6. Click on the “Save” button and choose a storage path.
7. Click on the “OK” button to confirm.
How to Recover Lost Files on Windows 8
You’re not going to know the exact reason for causing data loss all the time. In some cases, files are just lost unexpectedly. For instance, after other people (family members or friends) used your computer with your permission, you may disappointedly find some of the files are disappeared and you just don’t know how. Or after system crash occurred, you may restart computer successfully, but find some files are lost from Windows 8 hard drive.
At this time, you’re supposed to check the drive in which lost files was located to find out whether it still exists and whether it is accessible:
- If the drive is missing as well, please choose “Hard Disk Drive”.
- If the drive exists but becomes inaccessible, please turn to “This PC”.
- If the drive exists and is still accessible, and the files you want to recover are mainly multimedia data like pictures and videos, you’d better change “Settings”.
Operations on how to recover lost pictures on Windows 8:
1. Launch software to choose the target drive.
2. Open “Scan Settings” by clicking on the “Settings” button.
3. Check to show the certain file types you want to recover (for example, “Graphics & Picture” and “Audio & Video”).
4. Look through the scan results and select the needed multimedia data.
5. Click on the “Save” button to save them to another drive.
How to Recover Data from Windows 8 after System Crash
System crash is a more serious problem for users because they often can’t access the computer anymore. When you can’t enter the computer, you’ll lose all entries to data saved on internal hard drive. Thus, how to recover data from hard drive after system crash is a hot topic.
Now, I’ll show you how to recover data from Windows 8 internal hard drive:
Step 1: find another computer to make a bootable CD/DVD or USB by clicking on the “Bootable Media” button in a full version of MiniTool Power Data Recovery.
Step 2: connect the bootable disk you’ve made to the computer which can’t boot; and then, go to change the boot device order to make computer boot from this disk. Now, save the changes and quit to restart computer as usual.
Step 3: after entering the MiniTool PE Loader interface, you should choose MiniTool Power Data Recovery and then follow the steps I have introduced above to complete the Windows 8 data recovery.
The only thing you need to notice is that you need to choose the external storage device you’ve just connected to computer to save the recovered files.
How to Recover Permanently Deleted Files in Windows 8 without Software
Although MiniTool Power Data Recovery is considered one of best data recovery software for Win 8, there’re still some users wondering whether they’re capable of recovering data from a hard drive on Windows 8 without this software.
So, I’ll introduce another method in brief – using Windows 8 file history to restore to new computer.
How to Enable Windows 8 File History
Step 1: open “Control Panel” quickly in Win 8 by using the way you’re accustomed to.
Step 2: choose to open “System and Security” from Control Panel Home and then click on the “File History” under it.
Step 3: click on the “Turn on” button and choose the “Yes” option afterwards to enable this function.
Step 4: after enabling File History, you can choose to set more settings (such as interval for saving copies of files, size of offline cache and how long you want to keep saved versions) by clicking on “Advanced settings” on the left side of the File History panel.
This step is optional. You can just keep the configurations set by default.
How to Recover Files with Windows 8 File History
Step 1: if you find some useful files are deleted or lost, you can open the “Control Panel”, “System and Security” and “File History” in order. Afterwards, select the “Restore personal files” option from left side.
Step 2: find the file you need in opening window, right click on it and choose the “Restore” or “Restore to” to recover this file. Or you can click on the “Preview” to check whether this file is really needed at first.
After reading above content, you must know that it’s easy to recover data from a Windows 8 hard drive as long as you choose the right method. So when you’re stuck in Windows 8 hard drive data loss, my suggestions are:
- Stay calm and stop any unnecessary operations.
- Choose the Windows 8 data recovery method that is most suitable for your case.
- Carry out the recovery carefully step by step.
Hope you all can regain important files you lose from Windows 8 hard drive quickly. If you have any questions, please feel free to leave a message below; you will get replied very soon.