Is your iPhone touch screen not working? Do you know how to deal with this issue? Do you know how to deal with it? Here are 8 ways to help you effectively solve the touch screen unresponsive after iOS 11 update issue and recover lost data effectively via MiniTool software.
iPhone Touch Screen Not Working
My iPhone touch screen is not working. My iPhone touch screen is unresponsive after an iOS 11 update. A true example from discussions.apple.com is shown here:
Well, recently my iPhone's screen just decided to not work, as in the touch functions do not work. The sleep/off button and home button work fine but I can't use the touch screen. So, please reply because I really want to go back to using it. Oh, and I recently went to Japan (and still am in), if that has anything to do with it.discussions.apple.com
Have you ever encountered the same issue? What should you do if your iPhone screen isn’t working? Why is your iPhone touch screen not responding? How to fix the iPhone touch screen not working issue after updating to iOS 11?
If you have not yet found solutions, you can find a suitable one in this article.
Are you facing Android touch screen not working issue? Do you want to fix the unresponsive Android phone? Now you can find some solutions in this post.
Here, we are going to show you several ways to help you fix the touch screen not working issue of an iPhone.
Before fixing the iPhone screen not responding issue you should make sure your hands are clean and dry, and then try these steps:
- Remove any case or screen protector on your device.
- Clean the screen with a soft, slightly damp, and lint-free cloth.
- Charge your iPhone using its original charger and cable.
- Unplug your device.
8 Ways to Fix iPhone Touch Screen Not Working
Solution 1. Restart iPhone Device
Before rushing into any other troubleshooting procedures, you can restart your iPhone to fix your iPhone screen not responding issue by trying the following steps.
Hold and press the sleep/wake button for a few seconds until the slider appears.
Then, slide the Slide to power off to power your device totally off.
Finally, turn it back on by pressing and holding the sleep/wake button until you see the Apple logo.
In many cases, the touch screen will work as usual after the device reboots.
Solution 2. Adjust 3D Touch Sensitivity
Sometimes, iPhone 3D Touch sensitivity will cause the iPhone touch screen not working issue. Therefore, check it and try to fix this issue.
- Navigate to Settings.
- Tap General.
- Tap Accessibility.
- Select 3D Touch.
- Scroll down and tap on the 3D Touch.
- Now you can either toggle 3D Touch On/Off, or you could scroll down and adjust the sensitivity to Light, Medium, or Firm.
Solution 3. Diagnose Third-party Apps in Safe Mode.
Sometimes, one particular app will cause the iPhone screen isn’t working issue. In this case, you can uninstall faulty applications in safe mode to fix the touch screen not responding issue.
Here’s how to enter safe mode:
- Press and hold down the Power and Home buttons simultaneously until the screen turns black.
- Next, release the Home button but continue holding down the Power
- Hold the Volume Up when the Apple logo appears until the springboard loads up.
- If you see no more tweaks under the Settings menu, you are already in Safe Mode. Now, all third-party apps and services are then disabled.
You may need to disable or uninstall the most recent apps you’ve installed as they may be triggered the problem if the touchscreen works fine while in safe mode. Now, exit Safe Mode and restart your iPhone. After the reboot your device will switch back to normal mode.
Solution 4. Free up Space on iPhone
If your iPhone has zero storage available, you may encounter the touch screen unresponsive issue.
Therefore, it is recommended to verify and ensure that your iPhone has sufficient memory space by following the below steps. You have to free up space if it has 0 bytes to fix the iPhone touch screen not working issue.
- Tap Settings from Home.
- Choose General.
- Click on Storage & iCloud Usage.
- Click on Manage Storage.
Now, you will see the details of the current memory status including the available memory of your iPhone. If there is no more free space, you can delete some unwanted apps, files, photos and other unnecessary contents from your iPhone to free up more space on your device.
Solution 5. Downgrade to Former iOS Version
As we know, not all generations of iPhones are suitable for upgrading to the new iOS 11 due to the incompatibility of the hardware. Therefore, some users might encounter the touch screen unresponsive after iOS 11 update issue. Here, you can downgrade your iPhone from iOS 11 to iOS 10 to solve the problem.
iPhone data loss after downgrading iOS 11 to 10? Don't worry. Read this post and then you will find 2 excellent ways to get lost data back.
Solution 6. Reset Your iPhone
You can try resetting your device to factory settings if the touch screen is completely unresponsive. Look below to see how to reset your iPhone or iPad?
- Go to Settings.
- Click on General.
- Select Reset.
- Select Erase All Content and Settings.
Unfortunately, this will delete all data in your iPhone device, including photos, messages, contacts, etc. Thus, you should back up needed files before performing this operation. However, what if you have forgotten how to do it? In this case, is it possible to recover lost data?
Now, the good news is that MiniTool Mobile Recovery for iOS can help you effectively recover lost data.
As a professional and easy-to-use iPhone data recovery tool, MiniTool Mobile Recovery for iOS offers 3 data recovery modules to help you easily and quickly recover lost data from all data loss situations including accidental deletion, iOS upgrade, device crash… Here, you can download the free edition and try it out.
1. Recover files from iTunes backup files
If you have backed up your important data before the iPhone touch screen not working issue occurs, you may choose the “Recover from iTunes Backup File” or "Recover from iCloud Backup" button to recover lost data.
However, MiniTool Mobile Recovery for iOS is unable to get iOS 9 and the later version backup files due to the limitation of iCloud. That is to say, if you want to recover data when your touch screen is unresponsive after an iOS 11 update, you cannot use this recovery module because it will not detect the iCloud backup file successfully.
Thus, here, we will show how to recover lost files from an iTunes backup file. You can find the needed data conveniently because this tool shows the backup files to you in a very intuitive way.
Step 1. Choose iTunes backup file.
- Open MiniTool Mobile Recovery for iOS and select Recover from iTunes Backup.
- Pick out the needed backup through Name, Latest Backup Date or Serial Number.
Step 2. Scan iTunes backup file.
Select the specified backup file and choose the Scan button. The scanning time is determined by the capacity of iTunes backup. Pplease wait patiently.
Step 3. Check the desired files to recover.
- Find out the wanted files through the classification list or search box.
- Select all needed files and click on the Recover button to start the restoration job.
- Next, you will be allowed to keep the files in a safe location. OR, you can click on the Browse button to choose a trusty place.
- Finally, click on the Recover to store all selected files on the computer.
2. Recover files from iPhone device
What should you do if there are no iPhone backup files? Don’t worry, MiniTool Mobile Recovery for iOS can also help you recover lost data with ease after factory resetting.
1. Install the latest iTunes on your computer.
2. Connect your device to computer.
3. Open MiniTool Mobile Recovery for iOS. Then, the following interface will appear teaching you how to Trust your computer.
4. Click Trust (if you have a passcode lock, please unlock it at first) when you see the Trust This Computer box on your iOS device's screen. After that, this professional data recovery software will recognize that you have trusted your computer and jump to the Scan interface.
5. Now, click on the Scan button. Then, this software will automatically analyze the data saved in the iOS device.
6. After analyzing the iOS data the software will scan the device. The scanning time depends on the amount of data saved on the device. Please be patient. Here, in this window, you can click the Stop button if you have found the desired data.
7. After scanning, this software will list all found files and you can preview them. Now, you can quickly find desired files by category or time, select them, and click the Recover button to store them. In general, although this software will automatically provide a place to store recovered files, you can click the Browse to select a suitable place according to your actual needs.
Now all work has been done and you have finished recovering lost data from your iOS device after factory resetting.
Solution 7. Restore Your iPhone with iTunes
Some users reported that they successfully solved the iPhone touch screen not working issue by restoring their iPhone with iTunes. You can try the below steps to solve the touch screen unresponsive after iOS 11 update problem.
Step 1. Connect your iPhone or iPad to your computer.
Step 2. Launch iTunes on your computer.
Step 3. Click on the Device tab in the upper left corner of the iTunes window.
Step 4. Choose Summary from the menu on the left side.
Step 5. Select Restore Backup in iTunes.
Step 6. Look at the date and size of each backup and pick the most relevant.
Step 7. Click Restore and wait for the restore time to finish. If necessary, enter the password to unlock your iPhone backups (used when encrypting your backups).
Solution 8. Contact Professional Help
If all the above troubleshooting methods don't work, you should contact Apple support, go to an Apple Store, or visit an Apple authorized repair center for further assistance and recommendation.
Now, you might be familiar with how to fix iPhone or iPad touch screen problems, like touch screen unresponsive, touch screen stops responding, etc.
If you have any other solutions on how to fix touch screen unresponsive after iOS 11 update, please write them in the comment section, thanks. Should you have any questions regarding data recovery via using MiniTool Mobile Recovery for iOS, please send your emails to [email protected]. We will solve them as soon as possible.
iPhone Touch Screen Not Working FAQ
- Restart iPhone Device.
- Adjust 3D Touch Sensitivity.
- Diagnose Third-party Apps in Safe Mode.
- Free up Space on iPhone.
- Downgrade to Former iOS Version.
- Reset Your iPhone.
- Restore Your iPhone with iTunes.
- The touch screen is broken or damaged.
- The phone crashed because of malicious or performance-draining apps, so the touch screen is unresponsive.
- Hold and press the Sleep/Wake button and the Home button at the same time for a few seconds until the slider appears.
- Slide the Slide to power off to power your device totally off.