If you are a user of Acer, you may be plagued by a common issue – monitor not getting signal. How can you get rid of this frustrating problem so that you can use the computer properly? Ask this post for help and you can find some useful solutions to quickly fix Acer monitor no signal.
Acer Monitor Says No Signal
Turning on your Acer computer is very easy but isn’t always so easy. If you cannot see anything except the error message “no signal” on your monitor, you may feel at a loss. Acer monitor no signal is a frustrating problem and is always reported by many Acer users.
Acer monitor won’t turn on mainly because there are some internal problems with the computer or of the monitor itself. Thankfully, this issue can be easy to solve. Here are some troubleshooting tips for you to try if the Acer monitor says no signal.
Acer Monitor No Signal Fix
Check the Input Source
Acer monitor no signal may be caused by the incorrect input source. Most monitors have multiple available input sources including DP, VGA, HDMI, and DVI so that you can connect multiple devices like a PC and a game console to the same monitor. You can use the firmware menu of the display to switch between each other.
To fix the no signal issue, you should make sure the input source is correct.
- Turn on your computer and monitor.
- Press the menu button on the edge of the display.
- Go to Input Source and choose a proper one. For instance, you should set the input source as HDMI if you connect your monitor to the HDMI port on your computer.
Check the Cable
This is a simple way to fix Acer monitor not getting signal. If there is a loose connection between your monitor and computer, the issue will appear. So, check whether your cable is firmly connected or not.
Besides, check if the cable is faulty. If it is damaged, replace the cable with a new one and see if the monitor can work.
Check if PC Is in Sleep
This is another way to detect the Acer monitor signal problem. If your computer is in sleep mode, it cannot receive any signals. Just press any key on the keyboard and see if the PC wakes up. Also, you can move the mouse to wake up your computer.
Does your computer go to sleep when you leave for a few minutes? Don’t like this? This post shows you how to stop computer from sleeping in Windows 10/8/7.
Restore Your Acer Monitor to Factory Settings
When your monitor says no signal, you can perform a factory reset of the display.
- Connect an external monitor and turn on your Acer computer.
- After the system finishes loading, press Win + P and open Easy Display Switcher.
- Choose Computer only.
- Turn off the computer and disconnect the external monitor.
- After completing the process, start the PC again.
Check if Your Graphics Card Is Firmly Inserted to the Slot
If your video card is not firmly inserted to its slot, Acer monitor no signal may appear. So, open the computer case to have a check.
- Power off your Acer computer and unplug all the cables.
- Open the case and go to the graphics card.
- Remove the card from the motherboard and then insert it firmly.
- Reconnect the monitor’s power cable and connect it to the PC.
- Hold the power button for at least 30 seconds, connect the power cord and turn on the PC.
Update the Graphics Card Driver
A faulty and incompatible graphics driver can lead to Acer monitor not getting signal. To fix this issue, you should update the driver.
Just go to download a driver from your manufacturer’s website based on your computer information (PC model, video card model, and system version). Then, install the driver on the Acer computer.
What should you do when your computer starts but the screen is black? Here are 8 unique ways to help effectively fix 'PC turns on but no display' issue.
We have discussed some simple and effective solutions to fix Acer monitor no signal. You should follow these Acer monitor troubleshooting tips and try to solve your issue. Let us know if you have any other suggestions for this issue.