You must have heard of Acer – one of the famous computer manufacturers in the world. But you may not know the new Acer Swift 3 which is released this year (2020); it's a combination of many features to provide stable performance. If you consider getting new laptop, Acer Swift 3 is a good choice, especially for those who are working on the move.
The New Acer Swift 3 Laptop Comes Out
Acer’s action of releasing the new Acer Swift 3 laptop earlier this year (in 2020) is really attention-grabbing. Acer Swift 3 has many features, including ultralight weight, long battery life, acceptable price, and stable performance. Believe it or not, it really worth your attention!
- Display size: 14-inch
- Display resolution: 1,920x1,080-pixel IPS matte
- Graphics: 512MB Radeon
- CPU: 2GHz AMD Ryzen 7 4700U
- Internal storage: 512GB NVMe SSD
- Memory: 8GB LPDDR4 3,200MHz (soldered, dual-channel)
- Weight: 2.7 pounds (1.2 kg)
- OS: Microsoft Windows 10 Home (64-bit)
Windows 10 Home Vs Pro For Gaming: 2020 Update!
What about the Pros & Cons?
The new Acer Swift 3 uses AMD's Ryzen 4000 series mobile processors, making it faster than the laptops using the competing Intel CPUs. What’s more exciting is that its price is affordable even for common users – it's sold at $649.
Reasons why people like it include:
- The slim and ultralight aluminum-magnesium body makes Swift 3 more suitable for carrying around.
- As an Ultrabook, the price of Acer Swift 3 ($649) is very affordable even for common laptop users.
- In addition to the common USB 2.0 and USB 3.0 ports, the HDMI and Thunderbolt 3 ports are also included.
- The battery life is long and the charging is fast so that you don’t need to wait long after the battery runs out.
- The processing performance is good and stable, making Acer Swift 3 an excellent multitasker.
Reasons why people don’t like it include:
- The biggest thing that some people can’t accept is memory; it can't be upgraded or increased.
- There’s no SD or microSD card slot on this Acer laptop body.
- The display is a little bit dim and the speakers are "meh".
- The Acer Swift 3 is not a good choice for game enthusiasts.
Acer recovery is not as difficult as you think if you have known the programs, tools and methods I will introduce on this page.
Acer Swift 3 Design
Acer Swift 3 continues with the minimalist design aesthetic; the thin and lightweight aluminum chassis is still used. The size is 12.6 x 8.5 x 0.6, but the lightweight is only 2.7 pounds (1.2 kg); this is incredibly light for a 14-inch laptop.
The body is made of aluminum and aluminum-magnesium, and the matte-silver back has a polished Acer logo. Besides, it’s equipped with a backlit island-style keyboard; very cool. What’s more, you are allowed to sign in more quickly all thanks to the Windows Hello-enabled fingerprint scanner.
What Is Windows Hello & How To Set It Up On Your PC?
The size of trackpad is proper and it responds well during daily work. Besides, the trackpad can even handle some PC gaming sessions of Stellaris and Civilization VI. But as for other games, a separate mouse or gamepad is required.
Three kinds of ports are provided by Acer Swift 3 laptop: USB 2.0, USB 3.0, and USB-C Thunderbolt 3 port. Apart from that, there’s also an HDMI port and headphone/mic jack. But like other Ultrabook, you can’t find any SD card reader or optical drive on the Swift 3 model.
Acer Swift 3 Battery Life
One of the biggest improvements in Acer Swift 3 2020 is the battery life. It runs for 7 hours and 6 minutes in the case of playing a 1080p video. According to the results of PC Mark 10 battery test, Acer Swift 3 could last for 6 hours and 12 minutes on performance mode and 8 hours on a modest battery saver mode.
When you need to go out, you don’t need to worry about your laptop not working because the battery drains. The battery is enough for a full day’s work and entertainment.
After reading the Acer Swift 3 review above, you should know that the overall performance of this year’s Acer Swift 3 is much better than that of last year’s model; the results of benchmark tests for CPU, GPU, battery, and other things speak for themselves.
User Comments :Post Comment