If you need more apps in addition to the pre-installed ones on Windows, you should go to Microsoft Store and download them in just a few clicks. Yet, problems may occur during the process to prevent you from downloading the software successfully. The app has been blocked due to Company Policy is one of the common errors.
Error: App Blocked Due To Company Policy
Generally, it’s easy to download an application from Windows Store, right? Yet, accidents may occur during the downloading process, making in end up in failure. For instance, many people said that they come across the app blocked due to Company Policy problem: “This app has been blocked due to Company Policy”. In this way, they can’t get the software successfully from Windows Store. (Please look at the picture below which shows you the error when people download Netflix)
- Some people said they have ended up the task and then try again with no luck.
- Some even do a repair restore, but still not work.
So how should you solve the problem?
In fact, internal bug in the operating system, domain restrictions, improper Local Group Policy changes, Windows Store blocked by administrator, and many other factors could be the reason leading to such Windows Store error message.
In the next part, I will provide some useful solutions to help you get the blocked app.
What to Do When You Can't Download App on Windows Store
Firstly, you may shut down the device and do a restart to see if it works. Secondly, you need to make sure that your computer is totally clean (away from malware or virus). Thirdly, you should try your best to identify the cause of the problem. Finally, you may go to have a look to find out whether the recent Windows updates are installed on your device.
Methods for Fixing the Error
Method 1: check for Windows updates.
Some people say that they have fixed the app has been blocked error by updating their Windows. So, it is a good idea to check for and download the updates (there’s no hard in doing so).
- Press Windows key in the keyboard.
- Select Settings from the start menu.
- Click on Update & Security in the Settings window.
- Windows Update will be selected by default.
- Now, you should click on the Check for updates button in the right panel.
- Click on the Install now button if there are updates available for you.
What if you have lost important files after the update? Please click to see how to recover files after Windows Update.
Method 2: run Windows Store Apps troubleshooter.
This built-in tool is designed to deal with all sorts of UWP app issues, so you may turn to it when seeing the app blocked error.
- Repeat step one to step three mentioned in the previous method.
- Select Troubleshoot from the left-hand panel.
- Click on the Windows Store Apps from the right-hand panel and a button will appear after that.
- Click on the Run the troubleshooter button.
- Wait for the problem detecting process.
- Do as what Windows Store Apps troubleshooter suggests you to do at the end of the scan.
Method 3: change a user account.
You should try to log in Windows with another user account you have and then download the app again.
- Repeat step one and step two mentioned in method 1 to open Settings window.
- Click on the Accounts option here.
- Shift to Family & other people from Your info in the left-hand panel.
- Select the Add someone else to this PC option.
- Click on the I don’t have this person’s sign-in information option in Microsoft account window.
- Click on the Add a user without a Microsoft account option at the bottom.
- Create a new account by inputting required information and click on the Next button.
- Set up the new account and then restart your computer.
- Log into Windows with the new user account.