Disk Drill is a popular data recovery software and it also has other available and useful features like data protection and drive backup. To help you better understand this software, MiniTool Software writes this post on Disk Drill review to introduce it in detail.
What Does Disk Drill Do?
Disk Drill is well-known for its data recovery feature. And it also has other available features like data protection and drive backup. It has both Windows version and Mac version. You may ask this question: Is Disk Drill safe? Yes, you can feel free to use this software because it will not hurt your device and the data in it when it is running.
The company has developed the software to make it more user-friendly. That is, the software operation panel is simple and every ordinary user can use it as a geek.
In this post, we mainly focus on Disk Drill review from different respects including the software operation panel, features, pros & cons.
Disk Drill Review: The Operation Panel
This software has a free edition and you can use it to scan the drive you want to recover data from. You can go to its official site to get the corresponding version. After downloading and installing this software on your PC, you can open it to see the software interface as follows.
You can see that this interface is very simple: on the left side, you can see its three main functions including Data Recovery, Data Protection, and Drive Backup. You can easily see what you can do with this software.
This post focuses on CCleaner review and tells you some useful information like Prices, Features, and Pros & Cons about this PC cleaner.
Disk Drill Review: Features (How to Use It)
Feature 1: Data Recovery
The data recovery feature of this software is specially designed to rescue your lost and deleted files from different kinds of data storage devices like internal hard drives, external hard drives, memory cards, SD cards, iPods, and more.
It supports FAT, exFAT, NTFS, HFS+, and EXT2/3/4 formatted drives. Thus, it can fully meet your needs to recover data from Windows and Mac computers.
Now, we run it on a Windows computer:
1. Open Disk Drill.
2. Make sure the Data Recovery feature is selected.
3. Unfold the disk partitions and then select the drive you want to recover data from.
4. Select the scan method you want to use from the All recovery methods drop-down menu. Here, we take Quick Scan as an example.
5. Click the Search for lost data button to continue.
6. Disk Drill will show you the scan results after scanning and the scanned items are clarified by type. You can open each type to find and recover your needed files.
Now, you can see its other features:
1. After using it, you can discover that this software can organize your files by types including Pictures, Video, Audio, Documents, and Archives. You can also choose to view all files.
2. From the above scan results interface, you can see that this software shows you the file’s name, type, and size. You are even allowed to preview some types of files by double-clicking on that file.
3. There are two scan methods: Quick Scan and Deep Scan. You can select one according to your requirements.
Feature 2: Data Protection
The data protection feature is used for protecting your data with Recovery Vault or Guaranteed Recovery. You can even use this feature to restore your lost files for free.
Feature 3: Drive Backup
You can use this feature to create byte-to-byte disk and partition backups. When you lose your data by mistake, you can also use this feature to restore your files.
Disk Drill Review: Pros & Cons
Now, you will have a comprehensive understanding of Disk Drill. We will summarize its advantages and disadvantages for your reference:
- Its interface is simple.
- It is easy to use.
- It has both Windows and Mac versions.
- It can work for recovering data from different file systems.
- It allows you to search for files by name.
- It allows you to preview some types of scanned files.
- It only allows you to recover 500MB data with the free edition of Disk Drill.
- It doesn’t show the file’s condition or quality in the scan results.
Now, you should know that Disk Drill is a safe software and the basic information about Disk Drill. Should you have any related issues, you can contact us by leaving a message in the comment.
User Comments :Post Comment