Discord showing black screen on startup, screen share, or streaming game, how to fix? If you meet this error, you can check the 10 solutions in the tutorial to fix Discord black screen error on Windows 10/8/7. To find some useful free computer software, you can go to MiniTool Software official website where free data recovery software, disk partition manager, and more are provided.
This post aims to help you fix Discord black screen error on Windows 10/8/7.
Sometimes Discord shows black screen on startup or when sharing screen or streaming games. If you don’t know for sure what causes this issue, you can try the 10 solutions one by one to fix Discord black screen issue on your Windows 10 computer.
How to Fix Discord Black Screen Error on Windows 10/8/7 – 10 Ways
Way 1. Update Discord App
You can open Discord app, and press Ctrl + R to refresh and update Discord app. After updating, try to open and run Discord again to check it works well.
Alternatively, you can also press Windows + R, type %localappdata%, and press Enter. Double-click Discord folder. Click Update exe file to update Discord application.
What does Discord awaiting endpoint mean and how to fix this error? Here are 4 ways to fix the awaiting endpoint error on Discord.
Way 2. Update Windows 10
If some components of Discord app and Windows 10 operating system are not compatible, you can try to update Windows 10 OS to see if it can fix Discord black screen issue.
To update Windows 10, you can click Start > Settings > Update & Security > Windows Update. Click Check for updates button to automatically download and install the latest updates of Windows 10.
Discord not opening or won’t open on Windows 10? Solved with these 8 solutions. Check the step-by-step guide to fix discord not opening issue on Windows 10.
Way 3. Run Discord Compatibility Troubleshooter
- Right-click Discord app on your desktop and select Properties.
- Click Compatibility tab and click Run compatibility troubleshooter It will fix the incompatibility issues if Discord isn’t working correctly on this version of Windows.
- Also, please make sure “Run this program as an administrator” option is checked to run Discord with administrator privileges.
Way 4. Clear Discord Caches
- Press Windows + R, type %appdata% in Run dialog and click OK.
- Scroll down to find the Discord folder, right-click it and click Delete to delete Discord cache files.
- Restart your computer and open Discord app again to see if the Discord screen share black screen error is fixed.
How do I fix Discord notifications not working Windows 10? Here are 7 ways to fix Discord app not sending notifications on direct messages.
Way 5. Turn Off/On Hardware Acceleration of Discord
- Open Discord and click Settings icon at the left-bottom of Discord screen.
- Click Appearance in the left panel. Find Hardware Acceleration in the right window. Turn its switch on or off to enable or disable Discord hardware acceleration.
Way 6. Update Your Graphics Driver
Outdated graphics driver may lead to Discord showing black screen on startup, screen share, or game streaming. You can update graphics driver on Windows 10 to see if it can help fix this issue.
- Press Windows + X and select Device Manager.
- In Device Manager window, click Display adapters.
- Right-click your graphics card and click Update driver. Or you can select Properties, click Driver tab, and click Update Driver button.
- Click Search automatically for updated driver software to download and install the latest graphics driver on your PC.
Way 7. Disable “Use our latest technology to capture your screen” Option
- Open Discord and click Settings icon.
- Click Voice and Video from the left.
- In the right window, find Video Diagnostics Turn off the option “Use our latest technology to capture your screen”.
Way 8. Release Some CPU Power
- Press Ctrl + Shift + ESC keyboard shortcut to open Task Manager on Windows 10.
- Right-click the unnecessary programs or background processes and click End Task to close them. This should free up some CPU power. Try to start Discord again to see if the Discord black screen issue like Discord stream black screen error is solved.
Way 9. Reinstall Discord App
If you recently update the Discord app and the Discord black screen error occurs, you can try to uninstall Discord and reinstall it again.
- Press Windows + R, type appwiz.cpl in Run dialog, press Enter.
- Find Discord app, right-click it and click Uninstall to remove Discord from your computer.
- Go to Discord official website in your browser and download Discord again. After reinstalling Discord, check if it fixes the Discord showing black screen issue on Windows 10.
Way 10. Troubleshoot Internet Connection Problems
If you have a slow or interrupted internet connection, it may cause the Discord screen share black screen, Discord stream black screen, Discord black screen on startup, and some other Discord connection issues. You can troubleshoot internet connection problems to see if it help fix this issue.