If you come across the Windows Store error code 0x80073D05 when installing or uninstalling apps, you can check the possible 5 ways in this post to fix this error. For other computer problems like data loss, hard drive partition management, system backup and restore, etc. you can turn to MiniTool software.
If you are bothered by the Windows Store error 0x80073D05 when downloading needed apps, this post offers some possible ways to help you fix this problem.
Way 1. Clear Windows Store Cache
You can click Start, type wsreset in the search box, and right-click wsreset.exe app to choose Run as administrator. This will clear the Microsoft Store cache. Then you can browse and try to install the app again in Microsoft Store.
If you meet an error saying that Windows Store cache may be damaged when clearing cache, you can check this post for some fixes: Full Guide to Fix Windows Store Cache May Be Damaged.
If this doesn't help you fix Windows Store 0x80073D05 error, continue to try other ways below.
Here’s the walkthrough for how to download Microsoft Store app for Windows 10 or Windows 11 PC. Also learn how to download apps from Microsoft Store.
Way 2. Reset Microsoft Store in Settings
- You can press Windows + I to open Settings.
- Click Apps -> Apps and features. Scroll down in the right window to find Microsoft Store. Click it and choose Advanced options.
- Scroll down to click Resetbutton under Reset section. This can reset Microsoft Store if it isn’t working well.
Guide for Apple App Store download for iPhone/iPad, Mac, Android, PC. Use (iOS/Mac) App Store to download and install favorite apps/games safely and quickly.
Way 3. Run Windows Store Apps Troubleshooter
- You can click Startand click Settings Click Update & Security -> Troubleshoot.
- Find Windows Store Apps option in right panel and click it. Then you can click Run the troubleshooter It will troubleshoot problems that may prevent Windows Store Apps from working properly. You can try this method to fix Microsoft Store 0x80073D05error.
Way 4. Update Windows 10
You should make sure Windows 10 has the latest update. You can click Start -> Settings -> Update & Security -> Windows Update, and click Check for updates icon. If there is an available new update, choose Install now to install new updates in your Windows 10 computer.
Amazon Appstore lets you find and download Android apps/games on Windows 11 or Android. Check how to download Amazon App Store for Windows 11 PC or Android.
Way 5. Run SFC to Fix Windows Store Error 0x80073D05
Corrupted system files may cause Windows Store not working well. You can run Windows SFC (System File Checker) utility to check and fix corrupted system files in Windows 10.
- Press Windows + R, type cmd, and press Ctrl + Shift + Enterto open elevated Command Prompt in Windows 10.
- Type the following command line: sfc /scannow, and hit Enter. Let the scan finish and corrupted system files will be repaired.
If you meet the Windows Store 0x80073D05 error code when trying to installing or uninstalling apps in Windows 10, you can try the 5 ways above one by one to see if they can help you fix this error.
Sometimes you can also perform a computer restart and try to install the desired application again to see if the error code 0x80073D05 is gone.
If you need to recover deleted/lost files from Windows 10 computer or other storage devices, you can use MiniTool Power Data Recovery to realize this.
MiniTool software also produces many other popular products, e.g. MiniTool Partition Wizard, MiniTool ShadowMaker, MiniTool MovieMaker, MiniTool uTube Downloader.