Google Drive is a popular file storage and synchronization service; many people are using it to keep files and folders. It's hard to tell which file occupies the most space by just looking at the size when there are too many files and folders saved in Google Drive. Luckily, there’s a sort feature help users sort Google Drive by size easily. This MiniTool post will discuss it.
As one of the most popular file storage and synchronization programs, Google Drive is used frequently. People like to store important data in Google Drive since it's safe and convenient to view & edit data from different devices.
However, lots of users have been bothered by the Google Drive storage limit: every Google account is provide with 15 GB of free storage to use across Google Drive, Gmail, and Google Photos. If your account reaches this storage limit, you won’t be able to send/receive emails, or store new data. At this time, you need to clear the drive space to get more room for new data or buy extra storage space within Google Drive. But how can you find large files on Google Drive? This is very important.
Useful Tips On How To Clear Disk Space On Your PC.
How to Sort Google Drive by File Size
Google Drive sort by size is crucial when you need to find the biggest files in Google Drive for certain purposes like clearing space in order to store more data. But how to sort Google Drive by size? The following content tells all.
Step 1: open a web browser on your computer.
You should double click on the app shortcut or executable file to open a web browser installed on your PC.
Step 2: go to the Google Drive page.
You can copy and paste the correct URL of Google Drive into the address bar and press Enter; you can also type the URL manually.
Step 3: check Storage to see a list of files.
When Google Drive opens up, you should select Storage from the left sidebar; you can also click on the total document size (* of 15 GB used).
How to Free Up Space on Google Drive
- Open browser -> go to Google Drive -> click Storage to see files sorted by size.
- Locate the file you don't need anymore.
- Right click on the file and choose Remove from the pop-up menu.
- This won’t delete the file permanently; it will move the file to Trash folder.
- You can select the file you really don’t need and choose Delete forever to clear it completely.
That’s all I want to talk about Google Drive sort by size.
You can sort Google Drive by file size; you can also classify Google Drive files in other ways.
- File type: the files will be classified by type, including PDFs, Documents, Spreadsheets, Presentations, Photos & images, videos, and so on.
- File owner: you can choose to see files belong to you, a certain person, or anyone else.
- File location: you can view the files in a specific folder like Trash, or Starred; you can also search for files which are available to others in your organization.
- File modification date: you can go to see the last edited files directly.
- And so on.
Google Drive related problems:
User Comments :Post Comment