For some reasons, you may need to change language on Windows 10. Some of you may choose to reinstall Windows. But, this is not a wise choice. You only need to make 3 settings in the Settings app to change the default system language on Windows 10. We will show them in this post.
When you install Windows 10 on your computer, you usually choose to use the default language for the entire operating system. But, if you selected a wrong language, or you are using a pre-configured machine, you will need to change language Windows 10.
It is not a difficult job to change the default system language on Windows 10. You just need to make some changes in the Settings app to change Windows display language.
For more information about managing your computer, you can visit the MiniTool home page.
How to Change System Language on Windows 10
When you move to another region or you are using a wrong language on your Windows 10 computer, there is no need to reinstall the operating system to configure the proper language. Here are 3 settings you can make to change language on Windows 10.
Data recovery services near me is a hot issue and it is the topic that we will talk about in this post. Hope it can help you to get what you want.
Disable Language Syncing on Windows 10
If you are using a Microsoft account, your language settings will get synced across all your devices that are using the same Microsoft account. If you are planning to move to another region temporarily, you can turn off the language syncing feature to only allow language changing in the target device.
You can use these steps to turn language syncing on Windows 10:
- Press Windows on your computer.
- Go to Settings > Account > Sync your settings.
- Find the Individual sync settings Then, switch to button for Language preferences from On to Off.
After completing these steps, you can change the language on Windows 10 without influencing other devices.
Change System Language on Windows 10
Before you change system language Windows 10, you need to close any other running applications on your computer. After that, you can following these steps to change Windows display language.
- Go to Settings > Time & Language > Language.
- Find the Preferred languages section and press the Add a preferred language.
- Search for the language you want to use on Windows 10.
- Choose the language package from the search result.
- Press Next.
- Check Set as my display language and Install language pack.
- Check or clear the additional language features based on your own needs.
- Press Install.
- Press Yes, sign out now.
- Sign in your Windows 10 account again.
This change will influence your entire Windows 10 experience, like the Sign-in screen, Settings app, File Explorer, Desktop, apps, web browsers, and websites you are visiting.
Are you looking for web browsers for Windows? Now we will show you some alternative browsers for Windows and you can choose a suitable one for further use.
Change Region Settings on Windows 10
If you want to change the system language for you are in a different region, you also need to update the region settings for your computer.
You can follow these steps:
- Go to Settings > Time & Language > Region.
- Select the geographical location from the Country or region section.
- Select the correct dates and times format from the Regional format section.
- Select Language from the left list.
- Press Administrative language settings from the right list.
- Switch to the Administrative section and press Copy settings.
- Check Welcome screen and system accounts and New user accounts.
- Press OK.
- Press OK.
- Press Restart now.
After rebooting your computer, you can use your Windows 10 with your needed language.
To change language on Windows 10, you can just try these 3 settings.