Some computers have the built-in Bluetooth feature in the case of need. This also means that some other PCs don’t have it. Do you know how to check if your computer has Bluetooth? In this article, MiniTool Software shows you three methods to check it.
What Is Bluetooth?
Bluetooth is a wireless technology standard used for exchanging data between fixed and mobile devices. It is a protocol that allows you to connect a computer with Bluetooth-enabled devices without any cables. This feature can be available on both desktops and laptops.
Many computers come with built-in Bluetooth support since it is quite useful when necessary. But, at times, you may don’t know whether your computer has Bluetooth. Here comes the question: how to check if your computer has Bluetooth?
In this post, we will walk you through three methods to help you check if your computer has Bluetooth:
- Check Bluetooth in Device Manager
- Check Bluetooth in Control Panel
- Check Bluetooth in Settings
If you are bothered by the Bluetooth issue in Windows June 2019 Updates, you can go to see this post to learn how to get rid of it effectively.
Check Bluetooth in Device Manager
Checking Bluetooth in Device Manager is the easiest method to tell if your computer has Bluetooth.
How to see if your PC has Bluetooth using this method? You can follow these steps:
- Press Windows and X to open the Wind +X menu.
- Select Device Manager from the popup menu to open it.
- In the Device Manager window, you can go to find the Bluetooth category. It should be located somewhere near the top side of the window. While, if it is not there, you can click Network adapters to see whether Bluetooth is there.
Check Bluetooth in Control Panel
Besides the above method, you can also access the Control Panel to check if your computer has Bluetooth.
How to tell if PC has Bluetooth in this way? You can follow this guide:
- Press Windows and R to open the run dialog box.
- Type cpl into the dialog box and press Enter.
- The network connection windows will be open. Then, you need to go to Control Panel > Network and Internet > Network Connections.
You can see a Bluetooth Network Connection there. However, if you don’t see that option, your computer should not have built-in Bluetooth.
Check Bluetooth in Settings
The third way to find out if your computer has Bluetooth is to use the Settings app on Windows 10. You can follow this guide to do the job:
- Click Start.
- Select Settings from the popup menu. Alternatively, you can just click on Windows and I to open Settings
- Select Bluetooth & other devices from the left list.
If your computer has a built-in Bluetooth, you will be able to switch the Bluetooth button to on and then add the Bluetooth devices.
However, if you discover that your computer doesn’t have Bluetooth, you should not worry about it. You can still add one to your desktop or laptop by using a Bluetooth USB dongle/adapter. You can just connect the Bluetooth USB dongle/adapter to your computer via the USB slot, and then enable the Bluetooth connection.
Is Windows 10 Bluetooth not working? How to fix the Bluetooth problem? This post will show you five simple methods with detailed steps.
We hope this post can help you check if your computer has Bluetooth.