When you need to deal with demanding games, you may ask this question “how much VRAM do I have”. It is an easy job and from MiniTool’s website, you can know how to check graphics card memory in Windows 10. Let’s see 3 common methods.
VRAM, Video Random Access Memory, is a specific type of RAM but it is designed for GPU (graphics process units) on your computer. It is used to store textures and image data that the PC will display. Usually, it is faster than the standard RAM.
Related article: VRAM vs RAM vs Pagefile: What's the Difference?
The more VRAM your computer has, the better it is since this means the graphics card can handle more complicated images at the same time. So, how much VRAM a video card has plays an important role in determining how good the GPU is. Then, you may ask “how much VRAM do I have”.
In the following part, we will show you how to see how much VRAM you have.
How to Check VRAM Windows 10
You can check graphics card memory in Windows 10 settings or ask a professional tool for help. Let’s see these two methods.
How to Check Video Memory Windows 10 via Settings
It is easy to find how much VRAM you have by following these steps below:
- Right-click the empty area on the computer desktop and choose Display settings.
- Scroll down to click Advanced display settings.
- Click Display adapter properties to open a new window.
- Under the Adapter tab, you can see the amount of VRAM your computer’s graphics card next to Dedicated Video Memory.
How to Check VRAM with the Dxdiag Tool
In Windows 10, you can use a tool to check how much VRAM your computer has and it is dxdiag.
- Type dxdiag to the search box and click the result.
- After opening DirectX Diagnostic Tool, go to the Display tab and you can see Display Memory (VRAM).
How to Check Graphics Card Memory in Windows 10 with CPU-Z
In addition to checking the video memory via Windows 10 settings or dxdiag, you can also use a third-party application like CPU-Z. It is a free utility that can be used to display your system information and show you what hardware components are installed on your computer, as well as their properties.
Here is how to see how much VRAM you have with this tool:
- Go to download CPU-Z from the internet.
- Install and run it.
- Wait for this tool to detect your computer’s graphics card. Then, go to the Graphics tab to see the information related to GPU including how much dedicated video memory or VRAM the computer has.
If you ask “how much RAM do I need for gaming”, just get the answer from this post and you can know the proper RAM size for gaming.
How much VRAM do I have? If you are looking for the answer to this question, now you know the answer after reading this post. This post shows you 3 simple methods to check graphics card memory in Windows 10 and you should follow them.