How to make desktop icons smaller on Windows 10? You have 5 ways to easily do it. This tutorial offers the step-by-step guides. Check them below. For Windows users, you can find many useful tools from MiniTool Software, e.g. MiniTool Power Data Recovery, MiniTool Partition Wizard, MiniTool ShadowMaker, MiniTool Video Converter, etc.
Way 1. How to Make Desktop Icons Smaller with Right-click
- You can right-click the blank area on your desktop.
- Click View and click Small icons or Medium icons to make the desktop icons smaller on Windows 10.
Tip: To show or hide desktop icons on Windows 10, you can check and uncheck Show desktop icons in the list.
Way 2. How to Make Icons Smaller on Desktop with Ctrl + Scroll
- Place your mouse on your desktop.
- Press and hold Ctrl key, and scroll your mouse wheel downwards to reduce the size of desktop icons on Windows 10.
Tip: If you want to make the desktop icons larger, you can scroll your mouse wheel upwards.
Way 3. How to Make My Desktop Icons Smaller via Settings
- Click Start and click Settings to open Windows Settings window.
- Click System and click Display from the left panel.
- Find Scale and layout option in the right window. Click the drop-down icon under Change the size of text, apps, and other items option. Select a scale value to turn the desktop icons smaller.
Tip: You can also click Advanced scaling settings link under this option to custom the scaling value.
Way 4. How to Make Desktop Icons Smaller with Keyboard Shortcut
Another quick way to change the desktop icons to be smaller is to use keyboard shortcut.
- You can press and hold Ctrl + Shift keys on your keyboard.
- And press 4 to make your Windows 10 desktop icons smaller. To make the desktop icons in medium size, press 3. To make desktop icons larger, press 2. To turn desktop icons into the largest size, press 1.
Way 5. Change Screen Resolution to Make Desktop Icons Smaller
- Press Windows + I to open Windows Settings.
- Click System and click Display in the left column.
- Find Display resolution in the right window and click its drop-down icon.
- Choose a larger screen resolution and your desktop icon size will become smaller. To change desktop icon size to larger, you can select a lower resolution.
As for how to make desktop icons smaller on Windows 10, you can use one of 5 ways above. Now you can go to change desktop icon size on your Windows 10 computer.
Extra Tools You May Be Interested:
MiniTool Power Data Recovery – Free data recovery program lets you recover any deleted or lost files, photos, videos, etc. from Windows computer, external hard drive, USB, memory card, SSD, etc.
MiniTool Partition Wizard – Free disk partition manager allows you to create/delete/extend/format/wipe partitions, convert partition format, migrate OS, clone disk, check and fix disk errors, etc.
MiniTool ShadowMaker – Free PC backup software lets you backup and restore Windows system, select and back up files, folders and partitions to external hard drive or USB, etc.
MiniTool MovieMaker – Edit video for free to make amazing movie video. Support various output formats.