The traditional Control Panel is still built-in Windows 11 (Insider preview build). Well then, how to open Control Panel in Windows 11? MiniTool Software provides some easy methods to access it on a Windows 11 computer.
Control Panel Remains in Windows 11, but It’s Being Slowly Replaced
In Windows 8, Microsoft introduced the modern UI Settings app, meaning to replace the old Control Panel. But till now, you still can find Control Panel in Windows 11 Insider preview build. It is not the best time to replace it now because you need to rely on Control Panel to change some advanced settings like power profiles.
Microsoft updates the Settings app in Windows 11. If you have downloaded and installed Windows 11, you can discover that more featured are transferred to the Settings app. This means that Control Panel is being slowly replaced by Settings.
Now, let’s go to the point: do you know how to open Control Panel in Windows 11? This post shows you 7 simple methods.
This post teaches you how to open Configuration Manager Control Panel to take control of system configuration.
How to Open Windows 11’s Control Panel?
Way 1: Use Windows Search
- Click the search icon in the taskbar and type control panel to the search box.
- Select the first search result to open it.
Way 2: Via Run
- Press Win + R to open Run.
- Type control panel and press Enter to open it.
Way 3: From Windows Tools
You can find the Windows built-in tools in Windows Tools, including Control Panel.
- Open Windows Tools in Windows 11.
- Find Control Panel and click it to access it.
Way 4: Pin Control Control to the Taskbar/Start
You can pin Control Panel to the taskbar or the Start Menu. Next time, you will be able to quickly open it from the taskbar or the Start menu.
After typing control panel in Windows Search, you can find these two options: Pin to Start and Pin to taskbar. Select one according to your needs. For example, if you want to pin Control Panel to Start, you need to select Pin to Start.
After that, you can find Control Panel from the Start menu or the taskbar in Windows 11.
Way 5: Use Control Panel Command
Another method to open Control Panel is to use the Control Panel command. You can implement the command in Windows Terminal, Windows Command Prompt, or Windows PowerShell.
In this post, we use Windows Terminal to carry out the Control Panel command.
- Right-click Start and select Windows Terminal to open it (4 Ways to Open Windows Terminal in Windows 11).
- When PS C:\Users\Administrator> or similar appears on the interface, type control panel, and press Enter. Then, Control Panel pops up.
If you use Windows PowerShell or Command Prompt, the command is the same.
Way 6: Via Task Manager
You can open an app through Task Manager.
1. Press Ctrl + Shift + Esc at the same time to open Task Manager in Windows 11.
2. Click File on the top-left corner and select Run new task.
3. On the pop-up interface, type control panel and press Enter to open Control Panel.
Way 7: Create a Control Panel Shortcut
You are allowed to create a shortcut for Control Panel for quick access. Here is a guide:\
2. Right-click the blank space on the desktop and go to New > Shortcut.
3. Copy and paste %windir%\system32\control.exe to the pop-up interface.
4. Click Next to continue.
5. On the next interface, name the shortcut Control Panel.
6. Click Finish.
After these steps, you can find the Control Panel shortcut on the desktop. Next time, you can just click it to open it.
Now you know how to open Control Panel in Windows 11. These ways are also available on Windows 10/8/7.
Should you have other Windows 11 related issues, you can let us know in the comments.