What is Virtual Machine? How to setup a Virtual Machine on Windows 10? This post from MiniTool will show you how to create a Virtual Machine. In addition, you can visit MiniTool to find more Windows tips and solutions.
What Is Virtual Machine?
In computing, Virtual Machine is an emulation of a computer system and it is based on computer architectures. The Virtual Machine offers functionality of a physical computer. Their implementations may involve specialized hardware, software or a combination.
There are several different Virtual Machines, such as System Virtual Machine or Process Virtual Machine.
The System Virtual Machine provides a substitute for a real machine. They provide functionality needed to execute the entire operating system. The hypervisor uses native execution to share or manage hardware, allowing for multiple environments that are isolated from one another.
The Process Virtual Machine is used to execute computer programs in a platform-independent environment.
So, in this post, we will show you how to setup a Virtual Machine.
Step-by-Step Guide: How to Setup a Virtual Machine
Here, we will show you how to create a Virtual Machine. Now, here is the tutorial.
To create a Virtual Machine, the VMware Workstation is required. So you need to install it on your computer first.
1. Launch VMware Workstation.
2. Click New Virtual Machine.
3. Then choose which type of machine you want to create and click Next. Here are two different types including Typical and Custom.
- Typical: This creates a Virtual Machine which has the same hardware version as the version of Workstation you are using.
- Custom: This gives you an option to create a Virtual Machine and chooses its hardware compatibility.
4. In the next window, choose which way you want to install the operating system. You can install the operating system via an installer disc or installer image file. Then click Next to continue.
5. Then enter the product key, create a username and password. Then confirm the information and click Next.
6. Enter a Virtual Machine name and specify a location for Virtual Machine files to be saved. Then click Next to continue.
7. Next, you need to set the Virtual Machine’s disk size, and choose whether to store the virtual disk as a single file or split the virtual disk into more files. Then click Next.
8. At last, you need to confirm the Virtual Machine configurations. Once they are right, click Finish to start to create Virtual Machine.
After that, you need to wait patiently and all these processes will take some time. To setup a Virtual Machine, you can also set other configurations for your Virtual Machine.
- Memory: Allocate the memory to the Virtual Machine and you can change it.
- Processors: Change the number of processors, number of cores per processor and the virtualization engine.
- CD /DVD: With advanced settings where you can choose between SCSI and IDE.
- Network Adapter: Configure it to bridge.NAT or host-only mode or customize where you can choose between 0 to 9 adapters.
- Display: Enable 3D graphics.
You'd better get to know the differences between VMware and VirtualBox in order to figure out which one is better for you - VMware or VirtualBox.
As for how to make a Virtual Machine, this post has shown you the step-by-step guide. If you have any different idea of how to setup a Virtual Machine on Windows 10, you can share it in the comment zone.
User Comments :Post Comment