Even if you haven’t used the media creation tool before, you must have come across the articles, posts, or pictures talking about this useful tool in Windows operating systems. It also exists in Windows 11 – the latest OS version. What is Windows 11 media creation tool exactly? How to install and use the media creation tool on a Windows 11 PC?
There’s a useful tool in all versions of Microsoft Windows operating systems: media creation tool. Have you ever used it or heard of it? Do you know the main function of this tool? If not, please don’t worry. The following content will show you what Windows media creation tool is and how to use media creation tool Windows 11.
If Windows 10/11 Media Creation Tool is not working on your PC, you can try the easy and effective methods mentioned in this article to solve the issue.
What Is Windows 11 Media Creation Tool
Microsoft has announced a new version of Windows operating system on June 24, 2021. The Insider Preview build and the leaks online have convinced that many new features and changes are contained in Windows 11. Meanwhile, the main functions, programs, and tools of Windows 10 have also been retained in Windows 11; for instance, the Windows media creation tool. Considering that some users still don’t know much about this tool, I’d like to introduce Windows 11 media creation tool first and then show you how to use media creation tool on Windows 11.
What Can Windows 11 Media Creation Tool Do
The media creation tool is the only official tool offered by Microsoft for upgrading. Of course, the main and the most important function of media creation tool Windows 11 is to help users update their PC to the latest version of Windows.
The Windows 11 media creation tool offers users 2 choices for upgrading the system:
- Upgrade this PC now
- Create installation media (USB flash drive, DVD or ISO file) for another PC
It means that you can choose to perform the update directly or to create a bootable USB drive/DVD or an ISO file for installing Windows 11 on another computer. Besides, this bootable disk can be used later to reinstall Windows 11 when system crashes.
This post will tell you how to download and install Windows 11 on Arm with ISO, as well as some related information about Windows Arm-based PCs.
How to Use Media Creation Tool on Windows 11
Before downloading and using Windows media creation tool for Windows 11, you should do these things:
- Backup your current system or the important data saved on your hard drive.
- Prepare a USB flash drive with at least 8 GB of storage.
- Make sure your Windows computer has a stable internet connection.
Various solutions are provided for you to fix USB flash drive not recognized error and recover data from the inaccessible flash drive.
Step 1: Windows 11 Media Creation Tool Free Download
- Open a browser on your PC.
- Visit Microsoft’s official webpage for free downloading the tool.
- Go to the Create Windows 11 Installation Media section.
- Click on the Download Now button and wait for the downloading process to end.
Step 2: Install Windows 11 or Create Installation Media
- Navigate to the media creation tool you’ve downloaded -> run it -> accept the license terms.
- Two options are offered in the “What do you want to do” window.
Option 1: Upgrade This PC Now
- Check Upgrade this PC now and click Next.
- Wait while it’s downloading Windows 11. The speed depends on your PC and the internet connection.
- Wait for the settings and configurations verification.
- Choose to Keep personal files and apps, Keep personal files only, or keep Nothing. Then, click Next.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to finish installing Windows 11 on your PC.
Option 2: Create Installation Media
- Check Create installation media (USB flash drive, DVD or ISO file) for another PC and click Next.
- Select Language, Edition, and Architecture manually or check Use the recommended options for this PC.
- Click Next.
- In the Choose which media to use page, please select USB flash drive or ISO file. Please connect the USB drive you prepare in advance if you select USB flash drive.
- Click Next and follow the on-screen instructions to finish rest steps.
That’s all I want to say about Windows 11 media creation tool.