GeForce Experience can bring you some convenience. But, if you don’t have good user experience, you may consider uninstalling GeForce Experience from your Windows 10 computer. In a situation like this, do you know how to uninstall NVIDIA GeForce Experience? If the traditional method doesn’t work, are there other methods that can perform a GeForce Experience uninstallation. You can find these answers in this MiniTool post.
What Is GeForce Experience?
GeForce Experience is a utility that comes along with the graphics drivers for all NVIDIA GeForce GTX graphics cards.
It has multiple functions. For example, you can use it to automatically check for and install updates for the driver software for the GPU, optimize graphics settings for games to enjoy their optimum graphics performance. Besides, it also enables you to stream and share the things you do on your computer with others.
All in all, GeForce Experience makes your life easier and enrich your user experience.
Why Do You Want to Uninstall GeForce Experience?
Nothing is perfect all the time. GeForce Experience is not an exception. At times, you can discover that GeForce Experience brings you a bad experience. For example, you may find that GeForce Experience takes much computer resource usage including RAM and processor bandwidth usage. Some of you may don’t like to be interrupted by this software.
Due to the bad user experience, you don’t like to use it and you even want to uninstall NVIDIA GeForce Experience from your Windows 10 computer. But, do you know how to remove GeForce Experience from Windows 10?
In this post, we will show you 5 methods to perform a GeForce Experience uninstallation. You can select one method that is suitable for your actual situation.
How to Uninstall GeForce Experience?
- Uninstall GeForce Experience via Control Panel
- Uninstall GeForce Experience via Apps & features
- Uninstall GeForce Experience in the installation directory of GeForce Experience
- Uninstall GeForce Experience via System Restore
- Install and uninstall GeForce Experience
How to Uninstall GeForce Experience?
Method 1: Uninstall GeForce Experience via Control Panel
The normal way to remove a program from your computer is to use the Control Panel. You can also use this method to uninstall NVIDIA GeForce Experience. Here is a guide:
- Click the search box and input control panel.
- Select the first search result to open Control Panel.
- Click Programs and Features.
- You will access the Uninstall or change a program interface where you can see all the applications that you have installed on your computer. Then, you need to scroll down to find the NVIDIA GeForce Experience application.
- Right-click on NVIDIA GeForce Experience and then select Uninstall from the pop-out menu.
Windows will begin to uninstall NVIDIA GeForce Experience. You need to follow the on-screen wizard to confirm the uninstallation operation and then wait until the whole installation process ends.
Method 2: Uninstall GeForce Experience via Apps & Features
- Click the search box and type add or remove programs.
- Select the first search result and you will directly Apps & features.
- Scroll the list of the programs and find NVIDIA GeForce Experience.
- Click it and select Uninstall to remove NVIDIA GeForce Experience from your computer.
However, if this method doesn’t work for you, you can try the next method.
Method 3: Uninstall GeForce Experience in the Installation Directory
You need to open the installation directory of GeForce Experience and then find the file that is named as uninstall.exe. Then, you can click it to uninstall GeForce Experience.
Method 4: Uninstall GeForce Experience via System Restore
You can also perform a system restore to revert your computer to a point when GeForce Experience was not installed on your computer. However, this method may cause some data loss issues. You can read this article to know what you should do when you want to perform a system restore: What Is System Restore Point and How to Create It?
Method 5: Install and Uninstall GeForce Experience
If all the above methods don’t work for a GeForce Experience uninstallation, you can try the following steps to complete the work:
- Open File Explorer.
- Go to C:\Program Files (x86)\NVIDIA Corporation\.
- Find and delete the folder that is named as GeForce Experience.
- Go to the NVIDIA official site to download the latest version of GeForce Experience. Then, you need to install it on your computer.
- You can try the first four methods to uninstall NVIDIA GeForce Experience. This time, the operation should be effective.
When you want to uninstall GeForce Experience from your Windows computer, you can just try the methods mentioned in this article to do the job. There should be an available method. If you have any related issues, you can let us know in the comment.