As the newest and the last operating system of Microsoft, Windows 10 is attracting more and more users. A series of messages indicating Windows 10 installation error may appear and prevent you from installing the OS successfully.
This post discusses how to fix when Windows 10 installation failed and system prompted We couldn’t find any drives.
We Couldn’t Find Any Drives. To Get a Storage Driver, Click Load Driver
Hey guys, I am installing Windows 10 on Lenovo T400 Laptop and getting this error We couldn’t find any drives. To get a storage driver, click Load driver. How to fix it?- posted by jk22 on Windows TenForums
When you see the following error messages appeared on the screen while you’re installing Windows, it means your Windows 10 installation failed suddenly.
- Where do you want to install Windows?
- We couldn’t find any drives. To find the storage driver, click Load driver.
- No drives were found. Click Load Driver to provide a mass storage driver for installation.
Don’t be freaked out since you’ve got a lot of companions. You should try to fix this Windows 10 installation error by simply selecting a drive to install the OS.
Two main possible causes of this issue are:
- The settings are not correct.
- The disk is corrupted out of sudden.
Luckily, you have a great chance to fix Windows 10 We couldn't find any drives.
In this post, we will show you how to download Windows 10/11 ISO for Mac and how to install Windows 10/11 on a Mac computer.
How to Fix We Couldn’t Find Any Drives Windows 10
Fix We Couldn’t Find Any Drives
When getting the error – We couldn't find any drives – on a computer running Windows 10, you should go to fix it without any delay. Please refer to the following 2 ways to solve the Windows can't find hard drive error.
- Fix in VirtualBox: remove existing Storage Devices -> remove the existing Storage Devices -> select ISO file.
- Fix on PC: check in BIOS -> load/update storage controller driver -> set SATA controller to compatibility/IDE/Standard Mode -> update Drivers of the PC Chip Set.
Method 1: Fix the Error in VirtualBox
Step one: go to remove the existing Storage Devices.
- Open VirtualBox and select the certain virtual machine.
- Click on the Settings button.
- Navigate to the Storage tab located in the left pane.
- You’ll see Controller: SATA and two other sublabels.
- Choose Controller: SATA from the list.
- Click the Removes selected storage controller option (red cross button).
Step two: start to create a new storage device.
- Find the Adds new storage controller icon and click on it.
- Choose Add SATA Controller from the submenu.
- Click on the Adds hard disk button.
- Choose Create new disk.
- Create a new virtual hard disk with Dynamically allocated selected.
- Wait for the process to complete and you’ll get a .vdi file.
Step three: choose the right ISO file.
- Click on the Adds optical drive button.
- Find Choose disk option and click.
- Select the correct ISO file from the list (if the file is not included in the list, you should click on the Add button and choose the correct ISO file from its storage path).
- Click on the OK button.
- Restart your virtual machine.
- Now, you’ll be able to create a new partition to start the Windows installation process.
How to recover data from virtual machine VMware disk?
In this article, we will show you which Windows 10/11 startup programs you can disable to speed up your computer and how to disable them.
Method 2: Fix the Error in Your Real PC
Step 1: go to check if the hard disk can be recognized by BIOS.
- Power on the computer.
- Press corresponding button to enter the BIOS of your computer.
- Search for the hard disk here.
If the disk is not available in BIOS, please try to fix by followings ways.
- Turn on the channel for this hard drive in BIOS.
- Reconnect the Power Cable and Data Cable.
- Update your old BIOS.
- Check whether the disk is damaged physically. If it is, replace it with a new one.
Solved: PC Not Booting After BIOS Update – Recovery & Repair.
Step 2: install/update the storage controller driver.
How to load a storage controller Driver as prompted:
- Connect the removable device to your PC properly.
- Start to install or reinstall Windows 10.
- Click on the Load Driver button when you see Where you want to install Windows.
- Wait for the load process to complete.
Do you know how to install Windows 10/11 on the Steam Deck? If you have no idea, you can read this article to get a full guide.
How to update the storage controllers on your OS:
- Open Device Manager.
- Find Storage controllers.
- Check whether all the storage controllers are installed properly (if there is a yellow exclamation mark).
- Click to see two options: automatically search for the update or Browse for the computer.
- Choose one of the options and continue to install.
- Wait for the installation process to complete.
Step 3: go to set your SATA controller to compatibility/IDE/Standard Mode.
Step 4: please update the Drivers of the PC Chip Set to the latest.
User Comments :Post Comment