Windows Device Manager allows users to view and control the hardware connected to the computer. Check the 10 ways in this post for how to open Device Manager in Windows 10 computer. To help you manage hard drive partition, recover lost/deleted files, MiniTool software is the top choice.
What Is Device Manager?
Windows Device Manager is an applet in Control Panel in OS. It allows you to check the devices that are currently connected to your Windows system, repair Windows 10 hardware problems if a piece of hardware is not working, enable or disable devices, reinstall/update device drivers, and more. The connected devices in Windows Device Manager are listed into different categories.
If you need to open Device Manager in Windows 10 to view, control or adjust the hardware status, or fix the hardware not working properly, hardware not recognized issues, etc. you can check the 10 ways below to easily open Windows 10 Device Manager.
#1. How to Open Device Manager in Windows 10 with Search Box
The easiest way to open Device Manager in Windows 10 is to use Search Box.
- Click the Search Box at the taskbar next to Start menu.
- Type device manager in the Search Box, and click the best-matched result to open Device Manager in Windows 10.
#2. How to Get to Device Manager Windows 10 from Start Menu
- You can click Start menu at the lower-left corner on Windows 10 computer desktop.
- Then type device manager, Windows Device Manager app will display, click Device Manager to open it.
#3. Open Device Manager Windows 10 with Windows + X
- Press Windows + X keyboard shortcut keys simultaneously to open Quick Access menu.
- Click Device Manager from the list to open Device Manager app.
#4. Open Device Manager Windows 10 via Run
- You can press Windows + R keys together to open Run window.
- Type devmgmt.msc in the Run box, and hit Enter to open this app.
#5. How to Open Device Manager in Windows 10 from Control Panel
- Press Windows + R to open Run, and type control panel in Run dialog, hit Enter to open Control Panel. Check the 10 ways to open Control Panel in Windows 10.
- Click Hardware and Sound and click Device Manager under Device and Printers to open Device Manager.
#6. Use Cortana to Open Device Manager in Windows 10
You can click Cortana at the toolbar, and say “Launch Device Manager” to ask Cortana to open Windows 10 Device Manager for you.
#7. Use Device Manager CMD/Command
- You can press Windows + R to open Windows Run, type cmd and hit Enter to open Windows Command Prompt.
- Then you can type this command line devmgmt.msc in Command Prompt window, and hit Enter to open Windows 10 Device Manager.
#8. Enter into Device Manager with Windows PowerShell
- You can right-click Start and choose Windows PowerShell to open it.
- Then type devmgmt.msc, and hit Enter to open Device Manager.
#9. Access Windows 10 Device Manager from Computer Management
- You can open Computer Management in Windows 10.
- Then click Computer Management -> System Tools -> Device Manager to open Device Manager in Computer Management.
#10. Use Device Manager Shortcut
If you have created a desktop shortcut for Device Manager, you can double-click the Device Manager shortcut icon on computer desktop to open it.
As well, you can also create a keyboard short for Device Manager to quickly access it when you need. Check: how to create a keyboard shortcut in Windows 10 for Device Manager.
This article provides you 10 ways to allow you to open Windows 10 Device Manager application quickly and easily. You can use either way to get to Windows Device Manager to enable, disable, update or reinstall devices drivers, or troubleshoot computer hardware issues, etc.