In many cases, Paramount Plus may encounter system-wide issues that cause the “Paramount Plus not working” issue. This post from MiniTool introduces some common Paramount Plus issues and fixes.
Paramount Plus is one of the most popular streaming services today, offering original content and hundreds of movies and TV shows. Due to various reasons, you may encounter the “Paramount Plus not working” issue. Here are various Paramount Plus issues you may encounter and how to fix them on your devices (Computers/Mobile Phones/TVs).
How to cancel Paramount plus on Android/Ios/Roku/Fire TV? No matter what kind of device you are, this post provides detailed steps for you.
Issue 1: Paramount Plus Is Not Loading/Showing up
One of the most common Paramount Plus issues is Paramount Plus is not loading or showing up. Why is Paramount Plus not working? Maybe it is caused by the unsupported operating system. Thus, you need to check the system requirements for Paramount Plus. To do that, you can go to the Paramount Plus official website.
If your device meets the minimum system requirements for Paramount Plus but the “Paramount Plus app not working” issue still appears, you can follow the guide below. You should choose the fixes based on your device.
For Computer Users (Windows/Mac)
- Check for your Internet connections including your network cable and modem.
- Disabling any ad blockers, VPN/proxy extensions, or other extensions you may have running in your web browser.
- Clear browser cache and cookies.
- Check if your browser is up to date.
- Turn off tracking protection. This fix is specific to users of Firefox.
- Try to close your browser and open a new window. Or, you can try another browser.
For Mobile Phone Users (Android/iOS)
- Go to Apple Store (iOS) or Google Play Store (Android) to update the Paramount Plus app.
- Reinstall the Paramount Plus app.
For TV users (Apple TV/Smart TV)
- Restart your TV and the Paramount Plus app.
- Update the Paramount Plus app.
Issue 2: Paramount Plus Keeps Crashing
Paramount Plus keeps crashing is also one of the Paramount Plus problems. You need to do the following things:
- Force-close the app and try again.
- Restart your device and open the app again.
- Clear app cache and data from the device settings.
Issue 3: Paramount Plus Keeps Freezing
The most common reason for the Paramount Plus app to keep freezing is that your cellular data or Wi-Fi network is slow or unstable.
- Force-stop the app and reopen it.
- Clear app data and cache.
- Switch off mobile data or the Wi-Fi router for a few seconds and then switch them back on.
- Turn off your device and restart it.
- Free up some storage space on your device.
- Reinstall the app.
Issue 4: How to Fix Paramount Plus Download Not Working
There are some reasons and corresponding fixes for the “Paramount Plus downloads are not working” issue:
- You are not a premium subscriber. The download option is not available for the Essential plan. You need to scribe to the Essential plan.
- You’re running iOS 12 or earlier, or Android OS 4.4 or earlier. You need to update your system.
- The paramount+ application is not up-to-date. You need to update the app.
- Not all shows and movies are available for download.
Issue 5: Paramount Plus Audio Issues
It’s not uncommon to experience audio issues when streaming Paramount Plus (only video with no sound, video/audio out of sync, sound choppy, etc.). So to fix various audio issues you can try the following:
- Make sure you are using the latest version of the Paramount Plus app. If not, please update it.
- Force close the app to stop it from running in the background and refresh it to start over.
- Restart your streaming device and try again.
Issue 7: Paramount Plus Live TV Is Not Working
Paramount Plus allows you to stream live TV with a subscription. But if you have problems using the service, you should disable your VPN or proxy server and check your internet connection.
Issue 8: Paramount Plus Is Not Casting to TV
Paramount Plus supports Chromecast, which means you can cast its content from your iPhone, Android, or even your computer (via the Chrome browser). If you’re having trouble casting content from Paramount Plus to your TV, here’s what to do.
- Check the Internet connection.
- Restart the device you’re casting from.
- Restart the device you want to cast to (could be a Chromecast or Smart TV).
- Make sure both of your devices are on the same Wi-Fi network.
- Update all devices to the latest version.
Issue 9: Paramount Plus Not Working on Samsung TV
How to fix Paramount Plus not working on Samsung TV? There are some possible solutions.
- Cold boot or restart the Samsung TV.
- Update the Samsung TV OS.
- Delete the Paramount Plus app from your device and download it again.
- Reset the Samsung TV Smart Hub and try again.
Issue 10: Paramount Plus Not Working on Firestick
How to fix Paramount Plus not working on Firestick?
- Make sure that your Fire TV’s operating system is up-to-date. To update your Fire TV, go to Settings > My Fire TV > About > Check for System Update.
- Make sure the Paramount Plus app is up-to-date as well. To update your apps, go to Settings > Applications > Appstore > Automatic Updates.
- Clear your Firestick’s cache.
- Restart your Firestick and your networking equipment (modem/router).
Issue 11: Paramount Plus Not Working on Roku
How to fix Paramount Plus not working on Roku?
- First, remove the Paramount Plus channel by going to Roku’s home screen.
- Highlight Paramount Plus and press “*” on your remote to open the Options menu.
- Select Remove Channel and confirm when prompted.
- Then, restart your Roku by going to Settings > System > System Restart.
- Restart your Roku.
- Reinstall Paramount Plus by visiting Roku’s Channel Store.
If you want to know how to use the Roku web browser on Windows/Andriod/iPhone, this post is what you need. This post provides detailed instructions.
Issue 12: Paramount Plus Not Working on Xbox, PS4, and PS5
Paramount Plus is available for Xbox and PlayStation users. If you’re having issues with an app not working, the best thing to do is to close the app and restart it.
These are some methods to fix the “Paramount Plus not working” issue. You can select one method that you want to use to have a try. If you have any related issues, you can let us know in the comment.