It’s a common situation that users have more than one audio output device connected to the computer. Luckily, Windows allows them to choose which sound output to use when there are multiple audio outputs detected on Windows 10. This post from MiniTool teaches people how to play sound on two or more audio output devices simultaneously.
An audio output refers to the device which can play sound and drive signals into another device’s audio input. Common audio output devices include headphones, speakers, sound cards, etc. If there is only one audio device connected to Windows 10, computer will detect and configure the device so that you can play audios through it by default after connection.
In this post, we will show you what Realtek Audio Console is and how to download Realtek Audio Console on Windows 10 and Windows 11.
Set Your Multiple Audio Outputs to Play Sound on Windows 10 Simultaneously
What if there are two or more audio devices connected to the same PC? By default, Windows will ask you to choose which device to use when playing sound.
Worried about data loss on Windows 10? Please go to download the professional recovery software before disk problems occurs and data get lost (click here to see how to recover deleted files on Windows 10).
How to Output Audio/Sound to Multiple Devices on Windows 10
Can you play sound on two or more audio output devices on PC? Is it easy to configure 2 or multiple audio outputs Windows 10 manually? Luckily, the answer is yes. Windows contains a Stereo Mix option for dual audio output. How to output audio to multiple devices on Windows 10? There are 3 methods:
- Enable Stereo Mix.
- Choose output devices for individual apps.
- Use third-party tools designed for using multiple output devices.
In this post, we will show you how to download Rufus 3.19 for Windows 11 and Windows 10, and the new features in this new version.
How to use two audio devices simultaneously with Windows 10? Below are 3 solutions to set up and use Windows 10 multiple audio output at the same time.
Method 1: Enable Stereo Mix
How to output audio to two or multiple devices in Windows 10? You should enable Stereo Mix and select multiple outputs devices for audio playback Windows 10: right click on the sound volume -> select Sounds -> choose a primary audio playback device -> enable Stereo Mix -> set as default -> select a secondary audio playback device -> apply changes. Besides, you can select audio output devices for specific apps on Windows.
- Right click on the sound volume icon in the system tray located in the lower right corner.
- Select Sounds from the pop-up menu to open the Sound window.
- Go to the Playback tab instead of the Sounds tab selected by default.
- Choose a primary speakers audio playback device and then click on the Set Default button.
- Now, go to the Recording tab next to Playback.
- Right click on any blank space here.
- Select Show Disabled Devices from the pop-up menu.
- Now, you’ll be able to see a recording device named Stereo Mix (or Wave Out Mix, Mono Mix, etc.).
- Please right click on Stereo Mix and select Enable from the context menu.
- Right click on it again when it’s enabled and select Set as Default Device.
- Right click on it once again and select Properties (or double click on it directly to open the Properties window).
- Go to the Listen tab at the top.
- Check Listen to this device.
- Click on the down arrow to open the drop-down menu of Playback through this device.
- Select a secondary audio playback device from the menu.
- Click Apply and OK in the Properties window.
- Click Apply and OK in the Sound window.
- Restart your Windows 10 computer.
Method 2: Choose Output Devices to Play Audio from Individual Apps
Configure steps to use multiple audio outputs Windows 10 when opening a specific app:
- Right click on the sound volume icon in the system tray at bottom right.
- Select Open Sound Settings from the pop-up menu.
- Navigate to the Advanced sound options (or Other sound options) section in the right pane.
- Click App volume and devices preferences under it.
- Browse the apps list in the opening Settings window. Then, click on the down arrow under Output to select a playback device from the drop-down menu.
- Close the Windows and restart your PC. (Windows will save the output audio device you choose so that it will play audio for you the next time when you open the certain app.)
Method 3: Use Third-party Tool
Is there other ways to use multiple audio outputs Windows 10? Yes, there are many third-party tools designed for using two audio outputs Windows 10 (or even more). Voicemeeter is one of the free software to help you configure multiple playback devices Windows 10.