Users can enjoy their favorite games on computer, television, or other devices easily by using a PS4 controller. They should connect one end of the controller to PS4 and insert another end to the corresponding device they want to play games on. But a series of problems show up during this process: PS controller not working, PS4 controller not syncing, etc.
PS4 Controller Repair – Go to Troubleshoot DualShock 4 Controller
You need to connect a PS4 controller to PC, TV, or other devices properly before you can play games with it. Three common ways to connect a controller to PC are: wired connection, wireless connection, and Bluetooth connection. After that, you should pair and sync the controller on PS4.
Well, a lot of people said they came across various PS4 controller problems while trying to connect, pair, and use the DualShock 4 (DS4) controller on PC. Therefore, it’s necessary to list some useful solutions on this MiniTool page to deal with PS4 controller repair.
Some common PS4 controller issues are summarized in the following content. Meanwhile, the corresponding fixes are provided. When you find your PS4 controller not working, please resort to the following methods ASAP!
PS4 Controller Not Turning on
This issue contains 2 situations: PS4 controller not connecting & PS4 controller not charging. Let’s take a look at the specific steps to troubleshoot them separately.
How to Connect PS4 Controller
Method 1: connect a wired controller to PS4 with USB cable.
- Turn on the PS4 console.
- Insert another end of the controller into the USB port on your PS4.
- Press the PS button on the center of the controller and hold it for 3 seconds.
Method 2: connect a wireless controller to PS4 with USB cable.
- Turn on the PS4 console.
- Connect the PS4 controller with the USB cable micro connector.
- Insert another end of the controller into the USB port on PS4.
- Press & hold the PS button for 3 seconds.
- Unplug the USB cable and enjoy your game.
Method 3: connect a controller to PS4 via Bluetooth.
- Open PS4.
- Click Settings in the dashboard.
- Choose Devices and then Bluetooth Devices.
- Press the SHARE and PS buttons simultaneously on DS4 controller.
- Hold them for about 5 seconds.
- Select the PS4 controller from the Bluetooth Devices list.
How to Fix PS4 Controller Won’t Charge
Method 1: put the PS4 controller upside down and charge again.
Method 2: reset the DS4 controller.
- Turn off PS4.
- Cut off the internet.
- Turn over the controller to find the reset button, which is a tiny hole located next to the screw beside the L2 button.
- Press the reset button with a thin pin, paperclip, or something else.
- Hold it for 5 seconds and release.
- Try to charge the controller again.
Method 3: check the charging cable.
Please use the PS4’s official charging cable to try to change another controller.
- If it works, you should refer to the next method.
- If it doesn’t work, please replace the USB cable with a new one.
Method 4: check the charging port.
Also, you need to test the charging port by charging another controller with the same charging USB cable.
Method 5: check the battery.
If the PS4 controller has been used for a long time and you have tried all the above methods but failed, you should suspect that the battery may lose its charges and die. Thus, you can replace it with a new battery.
PS4 Controller Not Pairing
How to pair a PS4 controller:
- Check the DS4 controller to confirm whether it’s connected to PS4 properly.
- Check whether the DS4 controller is fully charged.
- Reset the DS4 controller and pair again.
PS4 Controller Not Syncing
How to sync PS4 controller?
Method 1: sync with USB cable.
- Turn on PS4.
- Connect the DS4 controller with PS4 with the official USB cable.
- Wait for the light bar to pulsate.
- Press the PS button on the controller and hold it for a few seconds.
Method 2: sync via Bluetooth.
- Turn on PS4.
- Select Settings -> Devices -> Bluetooth Devices.
- Press & hold the SHARE and PS buttons for about 5 seconds.
- Choose the controller from the Bluetooth Devices list.
Method 3: reset the DS4 controller and try again.
What about the PS4 controller repair on DS4 controller light blinking orange or controller buttons sticking? Please click here.