Windows 10 21H2 will be released in October 2021. If your computer can’t run Windows 11 or you still want to run Windows 10, you can update to this version after it is officially released. But now, you can read this MiniTool post to get some information about it, including Windows 10 21H2 release date, new features, and price.
UPDATE 10/21: Microsoft confirms that Windows 10 21H2 will be released in November. So the update is also called Windows 10 November 2021 Update. Windows 10 build 19044.1288 should be the final build for this November 2021 Update. You can join the Windows Insider Program and go to the Windows Insider Preview download page to download the ISO file for installation.
Windows 11 has been released on October 5, 2021. Supported computers can get it from Windows Update. However, if your device is not eligible or you don’t want to upgrade to Windows 11, you can still use Windows 10. In this post, we will talk about Windows 10 21H2 release date, new features, and everything you should know.
Windows 10 21H2 will reach end of service on May 12, 2023. You’d better update your Windows 10 to the latest version now.
Windows 10 21H2 Release Date: November 16, 2021
The next update for Windows 10 is Windows 10 21H2. It is not a major release for Windows 10. It is a continuation of the shipping release that is already on the market. It is just like installing a monthly security update but not a full build upgrade. Microsoft has released Windows 10 November 2021 Update on November 16th, 2021.
Windows 10 21H2 Price
Like other Windows 10 versions, 21H2 will be a free update for all Windows 10 users. It is an optional feature update. This means that you don’t need to immediately install it after its release. Only when the current Windows 10 version you are running reaches the end of support date, you will be forced to get it.
Windows 10 21H2 Availability
Microsoft is testing Windows 10 21H2 Insider preview builds in the Windows Insider Release Preview Channel. If you want to use this version immediately, you can participate in the Release Preview ring of the Windows Insider Program and then go to Windows Update in Settings to update your system to Windows 10 21H2.
In this post, we will show you how to download Windows 10 21H2 64/32 bit ISO file and install this new Windows 10 version on your computer.
Windows 10 21H2 New Features
Windows 10 21H2 has no new features in the traditional sense, just like the previous 20H2 version. It just contains some enterprise-grade enhancements and lots of fixes. Its hood improvements make Windows 10 more stable to use gradually. If you don’t want some changes, it is good news.
However, there are still some new improvements you need to know.
First, the new Microsoft Store built for Windows 11 will also come to Windows 10. It will be an update for all support Windows 10 versions but not only to the new Windows 10 version 21H2.
Second, there are some new things about Windows 10 21H2 you may be interested in:
- WPA3 H2E standards support for enhanced Wi-Fi security will be added.
- Windows Hello for Business will have a new deployment method and it is called cloud trust. It is used to support simplified passwordless deployments and achieve a deploy-to-run state within a few minutes.
- GPU compute support in the Windows Subsystem for Linux (WSL) and Azure IoT Edge for Linux on Windows (EFLOW) deployments for machine learning and other compute-intensive workflows
- Timeline in the taskbar will no longer sync activities across devices.
Windows 10 21H2 Support Lifespan
According to the statement from Microsoft, Windows 10 version 21H2 will be supported for 18 months on Home and Pro SKUs. For Enterprise and Education SKUs, the support lifespan is 30 months.
Microsoft designates Windows 10 21H2 an LTSC (long-term servicing channel) release. This means that devices that run LTSC versions of Windows 10 can get up to 5-year critical updates support.
Windows 10 21H2 Details
- Public name: Windows 10 November 2021 Update
- Codename: 21H2
- Version: Windows 10 version 21H2
- Build number: 19044
- Release date: November 16, 2021
Software from MiniTool You Should Try
In this part, we will introduce some MiniTool software that is worth trying.
1. If you want to recover your accidentally deleted files, you can try MiniTool Power Data Recovery, a free file recovery tool.
2. If you want to back up Windows and files, you can use MiniTool ShadowMaker, a professional Windows backup software.
3. If you are looking for a free partition manager, MiniTool Partition Wizard is worth trying.
Of course, there are some other tools from MiniTool. You can go to the official site to find more.