Do you know what Windows 10 out-of-box experience (OOBE) is? When do you need to set it up? It is very easy to set up Windows 10 OOBE. Just select the options according to your requirements. Now, you can get a simple understanding from this MiniTool post.
What Is Windows 10 Out-of-Box Experience?
For some reason, you may need to clean install Windows 10. Here, you should know that a Windows clean install will remove all files, settings, and apps from your device. It is just like you get a new computer after a Windows 10 clean install. Due to this, you need to set up your device again. For example, you need to select the region you are in, set the keyboard layout you want to use, set up the network connection, and more. The whole setup process is called Windows 10 out-of-box experience.
- [Illustrated Guide] How to Clean Install Windows 10 21H1 on PC?
- [Illustrated Guide] How to Clean Install Windows 10 21H2 on PC?
How to Set up Windows 10 Out-of-Box Experience?
During Windows 10 OOBE setup process, you just need to select the options you want to use. in this part, you can simply see the whole process.
1. After you successfully clean install Windows 10 on your device, you will see the following interface. Here, you need to select the region you are in.
2. Click Yes.
3. Select the keyboard layout you want to use.
4. Click Yes.
5. If you want to add a second keyboard layout, click Add layout to set it up. If you don’t need to do this, click Skip to continue.
6. Connect to your network or select I don’t have internet.
7. Connect to the network can update your Windows to the latest version. Of course, you need to sign in with your Microsoft account. On the other hand, you can click Continue with limited setup to create a local account.
8. Type the name you want to use for this computer.
9. Click Next.
10. Type your password.
11. Click Next.
12. Type the password again to make a confirmation.
13. Click Next.
14. Create 3 security questions for your account.
15. Click Next.
16. Select the privacy settings.
17. Click Accept.
18. If you want to use Cortana, you can click Accept If you are not interested in it, you can click Not now.
After all the above steps, Windows 10 begins to set up your device based on your selection. The process will last for a while. You should wait patiently until the whole process ends. Then, you can see the desktop screen.
Complete the Windows 10 Setup
That’s not all after Windows 10 out-of-box experience. There are still some necessary things you need to do:
You need to go to Start > Settings > Update & security > Windows Updates > Check for updates to see whether there are available updates (any updates). Install them to keep your Windows 10 up-to-date.
Here, you can find the importance of keeping Windows up-to-date and how to always get the latest Windows version on your computer.
Activate Windows 10
Go to Start > Settings > Update & security > Activation to see if your Windows 10 is successfully activated. If the result shows it is activated, everything is OK. If not, you can click Troubleshoot to activate it again.
Install Your Needed Apps
Since all your apps are removed, you still need to install them again. Here, we show you some necessary programs that can protect your device or are useful for you.
Data recovery software
When using your computer, you may delete some of your important files by mistake or these files may get lost due to some reason. As long as these files are not overwritten by new data, you can use professional data recovery software to get them back. You can try MiniTool Power Data Recovery, a free file recovery tool.
If your disk space allocation is unreasonable, if you use MiniTool Partition Wizard, a free disk partition software, to repartition it. Of course, this software has other powerful features like OS migration, coping disk/partition, wiping disk/partition, and more.
Windows Backup Software
MiniTool ShadowMaker is a dedicated Windows data backup tool. It has a trial edition that allows you to use it for free within 30 days.
Of course, some other tools are worth trying. You can try MiniTool MovieMaker to edit your videos, use MiniTool uTube Downloader to download the YouTube videos, and use MiniTool Video Converter to convert a video to your desired format.
Restore Your Files from Backup
If you have created a backup of your Windows files and system, it’s time to restore them to your computer. The data restore methods are not the same depending on which backup software you are using.
Now, you should know what Windows 10 out-of-box experience is and the whole process to set it up. Besides, you also know which MiniTool software that is useful for you. Should you have other related issues, you can let us know in the comments.