You know it's necessary to update your Windows 10 to enhance the system performance and fix some errors. Yet, a series of problem may be caused during the updating process. That’s why I want to provide some useful Windows 10 update troubleshooting tips for ordinary users so as to make the update process easier.
There will be new updates available from Microsoft every once in a while. The main reason why it does this is to help maintain system stability and fix the errors and bugs. Common Windows 10 update problems include:
- Interrupted desktop sessions
- Data loss
- Broken desktop
- Taking a long time to scan
- Error codes while installing updates
The Fabulous Data Recovery Software For Windows 10 You Deserve.
Taking those factors into account, I’d like to walk you through the Windows 10 update troubleshooting.
Windows 10 Update Download
Sometimes, you may fail to download a specific update due to unknown reasons. At this time, there’s a useful tool provided by Microsoft that could help – Windows Update Troubleshooter. By taking advantage of this tool, you are able to restore the update files to complete the process smoothly in most cases.
- Generally, the local version of Windows Update Troubleshooter is preinstalled with the OS.
- Besides, there is the most updated online version of Windows Update Troubleshooter available for download.
Even if the Trouble shooter doesn’t work, you also have ways to fix the problem. You may turn to Microsoft Update Catalog, the online backlog of the updates.
In addition, there are also some third-party tools available for Windows 10 update troubleshooting. You may download the one that is suitable for you to go ahead.
Common Windows Update Errors
After study, I have found some commonly seen error codes indicating Windows Update errors:
What I want to tell you is that you don’t need to search for the specific error in order to solve it since I’ll provide solutions that could fix any errors here. Please read them carefully!
How to fix when Windows Update keeps turning on even after you disabled it:
Sometimes, you’ll find the Windows Update turns itself back on and want to know the way to stop it.
Run Windows Update Troubleshooter
As I have mentioned, you should firstly download the troubleshooter; please select Open or Save in the pop-up window.
- If you can’t see the pop-up window after clicking on Open, you should suspect there is a pop-up blocker. You may unlock it and then try again.
- After clicking on the Save button, you should choose a storage path for it. After the downloading, you should go to the certain folder to run the troubleshooter (by double clicking the latest wu.diagcab file).
Then, you only need to click on the Next button and follow the steps in the wizard to try to find and fix the problems with Windows Update.
Get the Most Recent Servicing Stack Update
Firstly, you need to figure out the version you are running: 32-bit or 64-bit.
- Right click on This PC icon on the desktop.
- Choose Properties from the pop-up menu.
- Find System type in the following interface.
After that, you should download the right version of the latest Servicing Stack Update (SSU) from the Microsoft Update Catalog. The last thing to do is restarting the device and checking for updates.
Download the Most Recent KB
- Firstly, you also need to confirm the system type of your device.
- Then, you should go to the Update history page.
- After that, find the most recent update KB and determine which is best for the version of your Windows 10.
- Now, write down the number of KB or copy it directly.
- Search for the correct KB number in the Microsoft Update site.
- Finally, select the download link, choose Download and select Save from the prompt window.
- Choose Open to start the update at the end of downloading.
If above methods failed, you may also try to fix Windows file corruption, perform an in-place upgrade, or perform a clean install of Windows 10 to finish the Windows 10 update troubleshooting.
What if some files are lost after the Windows Update?
How to fix when the latest Windows 10 update stuck?
User Comments :Post Comment