If Windows 11 slows down your computer, you can download and install Windows 11 KB5007262 on your computer to see if the issue can be fixed. Besides, there are many new emojis and improvements in this optional cumulative update. MiniTool Software will show you what’s new in it and how to get Windows 11 KB5007262 on this post.
Windows 11 KB5007262 is Available Now
Windows 11 KB5007262 is an optional cumulative update for Windows 11 and it is part of the November 2021 update cycle. It rolls out with many new emojis, bug fixes, and improvements.
As for bug fixes, it fixes the issues related to Explorer, Taskbar, and more. Besides, Microsoft has confirmed that Windows 11 has a bug that may slow down your computer and the storage drives on your computer. Microsoft is working on fixes for this issue. But if you think your computer is slower than before, you can install this optional update Windows 11 KB5007262 to have a try.
Months ago, Microsoft once advertised this feature. Now, Microsoft’s Fluent emoji comes along with this Windows 11 optional update Windows 11 KB5007262. These new emojis are 2D, but not 3D. Till now, these new 2D emojis are only available on Windows 11.
In Windows 11 KB5007262, you can also find some improvements although you may not pay attention to them. For example, Microsoft improves the animation performance of icons on the taskbar and enhances Microsoft Defender’s features. On the other hand, Microsoft is planning to update the color of the Black Screen to blue.
There are also some other bug fixes and improvements. We will not list all of them here. If you are interested, you can learn a full list from here.
How to Get Windows 11 KB5007262?
An optional update will not be automatically downloaded on your computer. Windows 11 KB5007262 is not an exception. If you need it to solve your issues on Windows 11, you can manually get it.
How to Get Windows 11 KB5007262 from Windows Update?
You can go to Start > Settings > Windows Update to check for updates and see if you can get Windows 11 KB5007262.
How to Download Windows 11 KB5007262 on Your PC?
If you fail to get Windows 11 KB5007262 from Windows Update, you can also download it from Windows Update Catalog.
1. Go to the Windows 11 KB5007262 Direct Download Link from Windows Update Catalog.
2. You can find two options on the page. You need to select one according to your situation and click the download button to continue.
- 2021-11 Cumulative Update Preview for Windows 11 for x64-based Systems (KB5007262)
- 2021-11 Cumulative Update Preview for Windows 11 for ARM64-based Systems (KB5007262)
3. A window pops up with a .msu link. If you are using Edge, you can just click the link to download it on your computer. However, if you are using another web browser, you need to copy and paste the .msu link to the search tab to download Windows 11 KB5007262 on your device.
Should I Download Windows 11 KB5007262?
Windows 11 KB5007262 is an optional update. Windows will not force you to download and install it on your device. However, if you want to use the new 2D emojis or fix the related bugs on your device, you can choose to download and install it.
Should you have any other related issues, you can let us know in the comments.