The latest PS4 system software 7.51 version has been released on May 27, 2020. Now, you can install the latest PS4 update from USB. How do I install PS4 update from USB? You may have the same question. With the help of MiniTool, installing PS4 system update won’t be a difficulty anymore.
It’s always recommended that you install the latest PS4 system software update. Recently, the PS4 system software update7.51 has been released. It greatly improves your PS4 system performance, additional features, enhanced security, and improved security. In addition to enjoying these new improvements, updating the PS4 system can troubleshoot many issues such as PS4 randomly turns off, CE-34788-0, SU-41350-3, so forth.
The most common way of the PS4 system update is to use a USB flash drive. A common question comes into being - how do I install PS4 update from USB. Now, you come to the right place. To help you install the PS4 software update successfully, we will walk you through detailed steps. Besides, the important things before installing the PS4 update will be introduced to you.
Meet These Basic Requirements Before Installing PS4 Update
In this part, we will introduce some basic requirements that you should pay attention to. To avoid any unexpected errors, please reading the following requirements carefully.
#1. USB Requirements
A suitable USB flash drive is the first and most important part to install the latest PlayStation 4 update. Here you should check if your USB drive meets the following basic requirements:
- Prepare a USB flash drive with a 3.0 or newer interface.
- Make sure that your USB flash drive holds at least 460 MB free space.
- The USB drive must be formatted to either FAT32 or exFAT.
- Make sure that your USB flash drive connects to the PS4 controller directly when installing the system update.
- Only one USB drive can be used at a time. If you have installed the same apps on both system storage and the USB drive, you will receive an error message.
#2. Downloading and Installation Requirements
In order to download the latest PS4 system software update smoothly, please follow the downloading requirements below:
- Connect your computer to a stable and fast network while downloading the PS4 update file.
- Don’t download the PS4 update file from third-party web Bear in mind that the official update file is provided by Sony Interactive Entertainment.
- Don’t install the PS4 system software update soon before or soon after a power outage.
- Don’t interrupt the PS4 update file installation, which can damage your PS4 system.
The basic requirements for USB flash drive, downloading, and installation have been introduced to you. Now, let’s see how to update PS4 system software from USB.
How Do I Install PS4 Update from USB
In this section, we mainly focus on how to install PS4 system update from USB.
Part 1. Format Your USB Flash Drive to Either FAT32 or exFAT
First of all, you must prepare a USB flash drive that’s formatted to FAT32 or exFAT. You can use Windows built-in tools such as Disk Management or Diskpart. But the 2 tools have some limitations when formatting a USB drive. If you have a large USB drive (more than 64GB), we recommend you use a professional formatter - MiniTool Partition Wizard.
It is a reliable partition management tool that spares no effort to provide effective solutions on converting FAT to NTFS, rebuilding MBR, migrating OS to HDD/SSD, resize partition, and so on. In addition, it also helps you fix lots of issues related to games such as Minecraft not using GPU, Stardew valley won’t launch, and lol RADS error, etc.
Click on the following buttons to download MiniTool Partition Wizard and install it on your computer. After that, follow the steps below to format the USB drive to FAT32 or exFAT.
Step 1. Connect the USB flash drive to your computer, and then open this software to enter its main interface.
Step 2. Select the USB drive that you’re ready to format and click on the Format Partition feature on the left pane.
Step 3. Select the FAT32 or exFAT file system from the drop-down menu and click OK to go on.
Step 4. Click Apply to execute this action.
Now, your USB flash drive should be formatted to FAT32 or exFAT. Then you can follow the steps below to download and install PS4 software update.
Part 2. Download the Latest PS4 System Software
Step 1. Plug the USB flash drive into your computer.
Step 2. Open the USB drive on your PC, and then create a new folder inside the USB and name it as PS4.
Step 3. In the PS4 folder, recreate a new folder and name it as UPDATE.
Step 4. Click here to download the latest PS4 system software update file. Select the UPDATE folder that you just created inside the USB drive and click on the Save button. Now, the PS4UPDATE.PUP file should be saved in your USB drive.
If you have downloaded the PS4 system software update file (PS4UPDATE.PUP) and saved it in USB drive successfully, you can continue the following part to install it from the USB.
Part 3. Install PS4 System Software Update from the USB
How to update PS4 system software from USB? There are 2 ways to install the PlayStation 4 update file. Here’s how:
Way 1. Update PS4 System Software in the Home Screen.
Step 1. Connect the USB drive containing the PS4UPDATE.PUP file to the PS4 console.
Step 2. Open the Home screen of PS4 and press the Up button on D-pad to enter the Function menu.
Step 3. Navigate to the Settings icon and press the X button on the console to open it.
Step 3. In the Settings window, select the System Software Update option and press the X button again to confirm this operation.
Step 4. Read the System Software License Agreement, and then click on the Accept button and press the X button on your Console.
Step 5. Now, the PS4 will prepare the installation of the system software update. Wait patiently for this installation to complete. Once the update is completed, the PS4 will restart automatically.
Way 2. Manually Update PS4 System Software Using Safe Mode
If you are connected to the PSN but failed to access the Home screen, you can start your PS4 system in Safe Mode and install the PS4 software update from the USB.
Step 1. Start your PS4 in Safe Mode.
- Hold the Power button on the console for 7 seconds to turn off PS4 completely.
- Once the PS4 system is off, hold the Power button again until you hear the second beep. The first beep will sound when you first press, and the second beep will sound in 7 seconds.
- Now connect the DS4 with the USB cable and press the PS button on the controller to access Safe Mode.
Step 2. Install the PS4 system software update from the USB drive.
1. Connect the USB flash drive to your PS4 system.
2. Inside the Safe Mode screen, select the Safe Mode option 3 Update System Software.
3. Select the Option 1 Update from USB Storage Device and click on the OK button to confirm this installation.
4. Now, your PS4 will start downloading the update file from the USB. After the installation completes, the PS4 system will restart automatically.
How do I install PS4 update from USB? I believe that you already have known all the detailed steps. Have a try now.
How to Reinstall PS4 System Software
If the PS4 system software update fails, you may need to reinstall the PS4 system software. This operation can help you fix many PS4 errors such as su-30625-6, CE-36329-3, SU-41350-3, etc. How to reinstall PS4 system software without data loss?
Step 1. Back up your PS4 data including games, user information, applications.
Since reinstalling the PS4 system is the same as a factory reset and will restore your system to its original state, so please make sure that you have backed up all important data in advance. You can back up them to the online storage or an external storage device.
Step 2. Reinstall PS4 system software in Safe Mode.
- Access the Safe Mode through the above method.
- In the Safe Mode window, select the option 7 Initialize PS4 (Reinstall System Software) and follow the on-screen prompts to complete the uninstallation.
Step 3. Restore the backup that you have created.
- Connect the external drive that you have backed up the important data to the PS4 system.
- Open the Home screen and enter the Settings window and then navigate to Application Saved Data Management > Saved Data on USB Storage Device > Download to System Storage.
- Add a checkmark by pressing the X button for the saved data that you want to copy and select Copy.
The latest PS4 system software update has been released. I want to improve my PS4 system performance through the update. How do I install PS4 update from USB? This post provides detailed steps. Perhaps you are looking for this. Click to tweet
In this article, we mainly talked about how to update PS4 system software from USB. If you have any better ideas about this topic, you can share them with us in the following comment area. Any questions about MiniTool Partition Wizard, you can send us an e-mail via [email protected].
How Do I Install PS4 Update from USB FAQ
If you haven’t set up automatic updates on PS4, you can manually update games by the steps below:
- Hover over the game you want to update in the Game library.
- Press the Options button on your PS4 controller to open the side menu.
- Select the Check for update option from the side menu.