Wondershare Recoverit is a data recovery program. A quite number of netizens wonder whether it is safe to use. If you have the same doubt, you come to the right place. In this post, MiniTool discussed Recoverit security, explains whether Recoverit is the best you can obtain, and lists reliable alternatives to Recoverit.
Is Recoverit Safe?
Recoverit is a program from Wondershare Inc. that is a renowned software vendor with plenty of utilities.
Released in 2003, Wondershare Recoverit is a data recovery program that aims to help users recover multiple lost files (audios, videos, documents, emails, and more) from multiple devices including computers, hard drives, USB flash drives, etc.
Is Recoverit safe to use? The answer is Yes. Firstly, Wondershare Recoverit just performs its primary function of recovering lost files in your devices and does not influence your files in your devices by no means. Secondly, there is no threat that Recoverit brings found by antivirus programs.
It is safe to use Wondershare Recoverit. But is it the best data recovery software you can obtain? Scroll down to check the MiniTool’s explanation.
Wondershare Recoverit Review
Is Wondershare Recoverit the top choice for data recovery you can obtain? The software review is below.
Pros of Using Wondershare Recoverit
Wondershare Recoverit shines in the following aspects:
- Improved compatibility: Wondershare Recoverit can work on the latest Windows and Mac operating systems. So, it supports file systems including FAT, NTFS, APFS, and HFS+ (Click here to see what operating system you have).
- Multiple languages support: Wondershare Recoverit has 8 language versions including English, Deutsch, Francais, Japanese, Chinese, and so on.
- A concise and elegant interface: Recoverit data recovery is wrapped in an intuitive graphical interface and features a greyish white interface for better readability and less eyes strain.
- Multiple file types and file formats support: under the File Type tab of the scanning window, you can see multiple file types Wondershare Recoverit supports include photos, videos, audios, documents, emails, web files, archive, etc. It can recover the files in up to 550 formats like .jpg, .zip, .avi, .wav, .cwk, etc.
- Advanced Video Recovery feature introduced: it can help your recover lost videos in a quick way.
- Preview feature introduced: Wondershare Recoverit has the Preview feature that lets you view selected files before recovering.
- Video file repair: it can fix almost any video file, irrespective of its file size and its issue.
- Easy to Use: Wondershare claims “Bring simple to life”. So, a few clicks can retrieve your lost data. The tutorial on using Wondershare Recoverit is displayed in the following part.
Cons of Using Wondershare Recoverit
The above good qualities of Wondershare Recoverit may attract you. However, like other data recovery software, Wondershare Recoverit also has some downsides:
- The other programs will run slow when you run Wondershare Recoverit at the same time: Running Wondershare Recoverit will decrease hard drive reading and writing speed. So, it is highly recommended that you close all running programs before using Wondershare Recoverit.
- The scan freezes, and the remaining time indicator isn't accurate.
- The output quality of the recovered files may be not as good as the original.
- The Preview feature is limited: Not all files found by Wondershare Recoverit can be previewed.
- The Recovery feature is a paid function: The free version of Wondershare Recoverit can help you scan lost files but it can’t recover files larger than 30MB. This means that you need to upgrade to an advanced version to save more files.
Windows version price:
macOS version price:
How to Use Wondershare Recoverit?
Recovering data with Wondershare Recoverit can be completed in a few clicks. Before seeing how to use it, please spend a few seconds learning about Wondershare Recoverit system requirements.
Wondershare Recoverit system requirements:
- Operating systems: Windows and Mac;
- CPU: 1 GHz or better processor;
- RAM: at least 2GB (4GB is recommended);
- Hard drive space: at least 100MB for program installation.
Here is the tutorial on how to use the software on a Windows 10 computer.
Step 1: Get Wondershare Recoverit from its official website.
Step 2: Install it on your computer and launch it to access its main interface.
Step 3: Select a hard drive or location and then click the Start button.
Step 4: Wondershare Recoverit automatically scans the selected hard drive or location for lost files.
Step 5: Select the file you want to restore and click the Recover button when the scanning process comes to an end.
Do you want to have Wondershare Recoverit try right now? If you want to see more choices for data recovery, please keep reading.
Alternatives to Wondershare Recoverit
Are there any alternatives to Windows Recoverit? Yes. Several reliable data recovery software is listed below. Scroll down to learn about what they are.
Alternative 1: MiniTool Power Data Recovery
The first recommended Wondershare Recoverit alternative is MiniTool Power Data Recovery. The data recovery software is designed for Windows users and it is safe to use.
Shines of MiniTool Power Data Recovery:
- Supported devices: it can help you recover data from hard drives, USB flash drives, SD cards, CD and DVD drives, etc.
- File preview: you can preview up to 70 types of files using the Preview feature.
- Scan settings: you can customize the scan settings to find your lost data quickly.
- Availability: the free version allows you to recover up to 1GB of data.
- WinPE bootable media: you can create a bootable USB drive to boot your Windows computer and recover lost data when your computer boots abnormally.
Cons of MiniTool Power Data Recovery:
You need to pay $69 for an advanced version to save more than 1GB of files.
How to Use MiniTool Power Data Recovery? The tutorial is below.
Step 1: Get MiniTool Power Data Recovery by clicking the following button.
Step 2: On the main interface of the software, highlight a hard drive and then click the Scan button.
Step 3: When the scanning process comes to end, select the file you need (you can preview the file if you are unsure what it is), and then save it.
Alternative 2: Recuva
Recuva is the second recommended alternative to Wondershare Recoverit.
Recuva is able to recover the deleted files from Windows 10/8/7 computers, external hard drives, USB flash drives, SD cards, etc.
Pros of Recuva:
- Beautifully clear interface design.
- A portable version: Recuva has a portable version with no installer required. This means that you can use the software anywhere and anytime as you put the software zip file on a USB drive.
- Erase function added: Recuva can help you remove data forever.
- Low price: the profession edition is $19.95.
Cons of Recuva:
- Poor performance: It can't recover as many files as high-priced rivals.
- Limit customer support: the free version does not offer customer support.
Alternative 3: PhotoRec
PhotoRec is also a nice alternative to Wondershare Recoverit.
PhotoRec can help you retrieve files with more than 480 file extensions from various devices such as digital cameras, hard drives, CD-ROM, etc.
Pros of PhotoRec:
- Free: PhotoRec is a free and open-source data recovery utility.
- Compatible with any OS: it can work with any operating systems like Windows, Mac OS, Linux, and more.
Cons of PhotoRec:
- Not user-friendly: Since PhotoRec is an open-source utility, non-technical users may feel intimidating.
- Weak customer assistance.
Alternative 4: MiniTool Partition Wizard
MiniTool Partition Wizard is one of the best alternatives to Wondershare Recoverit. First released in July 2009, MiniTool Partition Wizard is a safe and professional partition manager for Windows computers and now has been upgraded to the 12th generation to offer users a good experience.
Its Data Recovery feature (added in Jan 2019) can help you retrieve lost data caused by virus attack, improper deleting and formatting, BSOD, etc. in a few clicks.
More details of the Data Recovery feature of MiniTool Partition Wizard:
- Multiple device support: it can help you retrieve data from common storage devices such as HDDs, SSDs, USB flash drives, and SD cards.
- Multiple file type support: it can restore files such as documents, archives, pictures, audios, videos, emails, etc.
- Preview feature included: you can preview up to 70 file formats.
- More cost: MiniTool Partition Wizard is not a free data recovery utility and it is also a professional partition manager. Therefore, compared to other data recovery utilities, MiniTool Partition Wizard features a higher price.
How to use MiniTool Partition Wizard to retrieve data? The tutorial is below.
Step 1: Activate the Data Recovery function on the main interface of MiniTool Partition Wizard.
Step 2: Select the partition, drive, or unlocated space from which you want to restore data and then click the Scan button.
Step 3: The program automatically starts scanning lost files. When the scanning process ends, choose the files you want to save, and then click the Save button.
1). No matter which data recovery software you choose, it is advisable to connect external storage to install it if your computer has only one partition. This is to avoid data being overwritten.
2). Save the found files in other partitions in case other lost files are overwritten.
Suggestions for Saving Data Securely
Data loss can be caused by improper operations such as deleting and formatting, virus attack, hard drive failure, power outage, hackers, etc. How to avoid data loss? There are some suggestions.
Suggestion 1: Scan your computer for viruses regularly.
Running Windows Defender or a reliable antivirus program regularly might help you get rid of virus attack.
Do you suspect your PC which is running Windows is infected with a virus or malware? You can read this post. It will show you some signs of virus infection.
Suggestion 2: Go to official websites to download what you need.
Download packages from unknown websites may carry viruses. Moreover, do not click links on an unknown website.
Suggestion 3: Back up your hard drive regularly.
It will never wrong to make multiple backups for your hard drive. How to back up your hard drive with ease? You can back up your data into an external hard drive or upload it to cloud storage like Google Drive.
What do I need to back up my computer? What files should I back up? Now, get the answers to these two questions in this post.
Is Recoverit safe to use? If you have the same question, the post should not be missed. The post explains the software security, discusses its pros and cons, introduces reliable alternatives to it, and shows you how to avoid data loss.Click to tweet
Is Wondershare Recoverit safe? Yes, it is safe to use. When data loss happens, you can try it or its alternatives (mentioned in this post).
If you have other doubts about Wondershare Recoverit security, please leave your doubts in the following comment zone. If you have some problems when using MiniTool Partition Wizard or MiniTool Power Data Recovery, please contact us via [email protected].