If you have a Chrysler car, keeping Uconnect up to date can improve the driving experience. This post from MiniTool shows you how to install Uconnect software update and map update.
What Is Uconnect?
Uconnect is an infotainment system produced by Fiat Chrysler Automobiles. It controls the car's audio and navigation functions, and it also lets you connect to your smartphone.
This vehicle system is equipped on nearly every new car from a brand operating under the Fiat-Chrysler Automobiles (FCA) umbrella, including Fiat 500, Dodge Challenger Hellcat, Jeep Wrangler, Chrysler Pacifica, and Ram 1500.
Uconnect is not free. It costs $ 14.99 a month, with a yearly subscription available for $ 150.
How to Update BMW iDrive and Maps [BMW Software Update Guide]
Introduction to Uconnect Updates
Uconnect software update focuses on bug fixes, adding new features, and security fixes that prevent remote car hackers from remotely accessing and exploiting your data and taking control of your vehicle.
In addition to the Uconnect software update, there are also Uconnect map updates, helping you master the latest road conditions. However, Uconnect navigation updates are also not free. Each map price depends on your vehicle and the region you’d like to purchase.
How to Check If Your Uconnect Is Up to Date
Do you need to install the Uconnect software update? You need to check if your Uconnect is up to date. To do that, you just need to go to this Drive Connect page and enter the VIN (Vehicle Identification Number). Then, it will tell you whether your car is up to date. If your car is not up to date, this page will offer the updates there.
The VIN is a unique 17-digit code that identifies your vehicle and provides access to valuable information about its history. You can find it on dashboards, driver-side doorjamb stickers, title documents, vehicle registrations, and insurance documents.
2 Ways to Install Toyota Software Update [OTA & USB]
How to Update Uconnect
In general, you can update Uconnect via the following 2 methods.
Install Uconnect Software Update via OTA
This technology allows users to download software update packages from remote cloud servers through the network. However, only vehicles with built-in Uconnect Access or SiriusXM Guardian can use this method. In addition, this method requires the car to be located in the United States and within the range of a usable cellular network.
Uconnect software updates will be sent automatically to the vehicle over the air once available. You just need to agree to install them.
During the Uconnect update process, you need to pay attention to the following items:
- Do NOT update software while driving. Please determine the safest and most convenient time to complete the update.
- During the update, you will lose all radio functionality such as navigation, SOS, backup camera, etc.
- The update may take up to 45 minutes.
How to Format USB Flash Drive for Car Stereo
Install Uconnect Software Update via USB
This way works for almost all cars with Uconnect. To update Uconnect, you can refer to the following guide.
Stage 1. Prepare a USB Drive Formatted to FAT32
FAT32 is the most popular file system. It is supported by almost all cars and Chrysler cars are no exception. Therefore, to install the Uconnect software update or Uconnect map update, you need to format the USB drive to FAT32.
However, nowadays, many people may have USB drives with a large capacity while Windows doesn’t allow users to format a partition larger than 32GB to FAT32. To break through this limit, MiniTool Partition Wizard is recommended.
This software is a professional disk and partition management tool. It allows you to format a partition up to 2TB to FAT32. In addition, it also can move partitions’ location, convert MBR disk to GPT disk without data loss, wipe hard drive securely, migrate OS, clone hard disk, recover deleted/lost partition and data, etc.
Here is the guide on how to use it to format a USB drive.
Step 1: Connect the USB drive to your PC. Launch MiniTool Partition Wizard, and it will detect the USB drive automatically. Right-click on the partition of the USB drive, and choose Format.
Step 2: On the pop-up window, click the File System drop-down menu to choose FAT32 and then click OK.
Step 3: Click the Apply button to execute pending operations.
Stage 2. Download and Install Uconnect Software Update
- Go to the Drive Connect page to check for updates.
- If there are available Uconnect updates, download them. The file may be in .zip You need to unzip it.
- Copy all files in the unzipped folder to the root directory of the USB drive. If you have multiple updates, you will need to install them one at a time, since Uconnect allows one update at a time.
- Connect the USB drive to your car and set the ignition to run. You will now get a screen pop-up that will ask you if you want to upgrade your Uconnect software.
- Select Yes and your Uconnect system will start copying files from your USB.
- After a successful update, you will be requested to enter your Anti-Theft Code.
Install Uconnect Map Update via USB
Using a USB drive to install the Uconnect navigation update may be a little different. Here is the guide:
- Make sure the Uconnect system is up to date.
- Prepare a FAT32 USB drive and insert it into the navigation system.
- Turn on the head unit or turn the ignition.
- Press the Navigation icon > Navigation Settings > Map Update > Download System Information to USB. This will synchronize the system’s navigation data with the USB flash drive.
- Remove the USB flash drive from the head unit after the System Information Download Complete screen appears.
- Download and install the FCA Toolbox from the official website to your PC.
- Insert the USB flash drive which contains the saved data of your navigation device to the PC. The FCA Toolbox will automatically recognize the navigation data.
- Log in with your email address and password using your FCA account. You will be directed to the Available Updates
- Click on Install to download and install the available content.
- After downloading and installing the latest map to the USB flash drive, insert the USB flash drive into the appropriate slot in your navigation system and turn on the head unit.
- Your navigation device will automatically recognize that there is a new update on the USB flash drive and the message “Do you want to update?” will pop up.
- Click on YES if you want to install the update now.
Here is a post showing you how to update Uconnect software and map on Chrysler cars. It may help you. Click to Tweet
Is this post useful to you? Do you have other ideas about the Uconnect update process? Leave your comments in the following zone. In addition, if you encounter problems when using MiniTool Partition Wizard, please feel free to contact us via [email protected]. We will get back to you as soon as possible.
User Comments :Post Comment