All drivers will be updated automatically if you have the Dell Update Utility installed. How to get Dell Update Utility? How to use Dell Update Utility? This post from MiniTool provides full details about Dell Update Utility.
What Is Dell Update Utility
What is Dell Update utility? The Dell Update utility is a program developed by Dell Technologies. It runs in the background and checks for needed updates. This update includes important fixes and driver updates. If it finds any updates, it will automatically apply them to your Dell computer without going online in your web browser.
The app has built-in support for multiple Dell PC products including Inspiron, XPS, Precision, Vostro, Latitude, OptiPlex, and more laptop series. It supports Windows 7, Windows 8.1, and Windows 10.
The biggest benefit of using the Dell Update utility is that it provides simplified access to the latest versions of the drivers and system fixes your PC needs. You can focus on your work and leave hardware configuration and software maintenance to the automation service, which will do its job in the background and notify in any new systray popup that the update is ready to be deployed.
What is Dell Optimizer? How to download and install Dell Optimizer on Windows 11/10? Refer to this post and you can know how to use it.
How to Download Dell Update Utility
While some Dell PCs have this application pre-installed on their systems, many users also want to manually download and install this application on their Dell PC or laptop. You can download the Dell Update Utility from the official Dell website. The following are the detailed stepe:
Step 1: Go to the Dell Support page. Under Select the product you need help with, click Dell Systems Build and Update Utility Version 1.6.
Step 2: Select your operating system and click Submit.
Step 3: Then, follow the on-screen instructions to download the Dell Update utility.
How to Install and Uninstall Dell Update Utility
After downloading it, you can start to install it. Follow the guide below:
1. Double-click the .exe file downloaded. Click Install.
2. On the Welcome screen, click Next.
3. On the License Agreement screen, select I accept the terms in the license agreement and then click Next.
4. On the Begin Install screen, click Install.
5. On the Installation Complete screen, click Finish and OK.
If you don’t want to use it anymore, you can choose to uninstall it. Here is how to that:
1. On the Start menu (for Windows 8, right-click the screen’s bottom-left corner), click Control Panel, and then, under Programs, do one of the following:
- Windows Vista/7/8/10: Click Uninstall a Program.
- Windows XP: Click Add or Remove Programs.
2. When you find the program Dell Update, click it, and then do one of the following:
- Windows Vista/7/8/10: Click Uninstall.
- Windows XP: Click the Remove or Change/Remove tab (to the right of the program).
3. Follow the prompts. A progress bar shows you how long it will take to remove Dell Update.
When you use the Dell SupportAssistant on your Dell PC, you may encounter the “Dell SupportAssistant not working” issue. Here are some methods to fix it.
Here is all the information about Dell Update Utility. You can know what Dell Update Utility is and how to install it on Windows 11/10. I hope that this post can be helpful to you.