To add more functions to Microsoft Office, you can install some useful add-ins for Microsoft Office programs (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, etc.). There are many popular add-ins for Microsoft Office. Check how to download, install and manage add-ins in Microsoft Office in this post. To recover deleted/lost Office files, photos, videos, etc. you can try our free data recovery program – MiniTool Power Data Recovery.
How to Download and Install Add-ins for Microsoft Office
In general, you have two ways to install add-ins for your Microsoft Office programs. Check the detailed instructions below.
Way 1. Get Office Add-ins Directly from Office Applications
- You can open any Microsoft Office application like the Word app on your computer.
- Click the Insert tab on the toolbar.
- Click Store to open the Microsoft Office extensions store. For some Office versions, you may need to click Add-ins -> Store. In the pop-up Office Add-ins store, you can browse or search for the target add-in you want to add to the Office program.
- Click the Add button to install the add-in for your Office apps.
Way 2. Download and Install Office Add-ins from Online Office Store
To download and install your favorite add-ins for Microsoft Office, you can also visit the official online Office Store in your browser. It offers various add-ins for Office programs.
How to View Add-ins of Your Microsoft Office
To view all add-ins you have installed for your Microsoft Office, you can click File -> Options -> Add-Ins. Alternatively, you can click the Insert tab and click My Add-ins to see all installed Office add-ins.
How to Disable or Remove an Add-in in Microsoft Office
- Open the Office program and click File -> Options -> Add-ins.
- Click the Go button next to Manage.
- In the pop-up dialog, you can see all the installed add-ins of the Office application. To disable an add-in, you can uncheck the box of the target add-in and click OK. To remove an add-in, you can select it and click the Remove button.
Free Way to Recover Deleted/Lost Office Files
Here we also introduce a free file recovery program to help you recover any deleted/lost files from your computer and other storage devices.
MiniTool Power Data Recoveryis a professional data recovery program for Windows. It helps you recover any deleted or lost files, photos, videos, etc. from Windows PC and laptops, USB flash drives, SD/memory cards, external hard drives, SSDs, etc. You can use this application to easily recover deleted/lost Office files from your PC.
This data recovery application helps you restore data from various data loss situations. You can use it to recover data from various computer problems like BSOD, malware/virus infection, sudden power outages, system crashes, and more. You can also use it to recover data from a corrupted or formatted hard drive. It even lets you recover data when the PC won’t boot by using its built-in bootable media builder.
Download and install MiniTool Power Data Recovery and use it to deleted/lost data now.
This post offers a simple guide on how to download, install, view, disable, or remove add-ins in Microsoft Office programs. A free data recovery guide is also provided to help you recover deleted/lost files for free. Hope it helps.