Do you know how to open Windows Media Player on your computer? If it is not the default media player on your PC, do you know how to make it default? Besides, if you can’t find it, do you know how to get it back? In this post, MiniTool Software will show you all the information you want to know.
In this post, we will show you the following information:
- How to open Windows Media Player?
- How to make Windows Media Player default?
- What to do if you can’t find Windows Media Player?
How to Open Windows Media Player?
Windows Media Player is a Windows built-in tool, which is pre-installed on your Windows computer. How to find and open it on your computer?
You can use one of the following ways to open it:
Way 1: Use Windows Search
Windows search is also a Windows tool. You can use it to search for files and programs that are installed on your computer. So, you can also use it to search for Windows Media Player and open it.
Here is a guide:
- Click Windows search.
- Type Windows Media Player.
- Select the first result to open Windows Media Player.
Way 2: Use Run
You can also use Run to open it. Here are the steps:
- Press Win+R to open Run.
- Type wmplayer.exe into the Run dialog.
- Press Enter and this will open Windows Media Player.
Tip: Pin Windows Media Player to the Taskbar
If you use Windows Media Player frequently, you can pin it to the taskbar. You can search it using Windows search and right-click the first result. Then, you need to select Pin to taskbar.
After these steps, you will see its icon on the taskbar. When you want to open it, you can just click its icon on the taskbar.
This post will show you how to pin shortcuts to the taskbar in different situations. Here are many situations. You can just select what you need to use.
How to Make Windows Media Player Default?
Windows Media Player is a Windows snap-in tool. But this doesn’t mean that it is the default media player on your computer. If you want to make Windows Media Player default, you can follow this guide:
- Click Start.
- Go to Settings > Apps > Default apps.
- Click Choose a default under Video player and select Windows Media Player from the dropdown list. If another media player has been the default, you can also just click that player and then select Windows Media Player.
After these three simple steps, you successfully make Windows Media Player default.
This post will talk about Windows 10 file associations and how to change what program opens a file on Windows 10 when necessary.
What to Do if You Can’t Find Windows Media Player?
Some users report that they can’t find Windows Media Player on the computer. If so, you should uninstall it by mistake or it disappears for some unknown reason. If you get it back by installing it again on your computer.
How to Reinstall Windows Media Player on Your Computer?
1. Click Windows search and type features.
2. Select Turn Windows features on or off from the result.
3. Scroll down to find Media Features and expand it.
4. Check Windows Media Player.
5. Click OK to save the change.
6. Restart your computer.
Now, you know how to open Windows Media Player, make it default, and how to get it back if you can’t find it. If you are bothered by some other related issues, you can let us know in the comments.