When you need to use the developer mode on your device, do you know how to turn it on? When everything is done, do you know how to turn it off? If you have no idea, this post from MiniTool Software is helpful for you. No matter you are using a Windows/Mac computer, or a Chromebook, or an Android/iOS device, you can always find a guide here.
What Is Developer Mode?
The developer mode exists on many kinds of devices like Windows computers, Mac computers, Android mobile devices, and iPhone/iPad. This mode allows you to debug apps. For example, after enabling the developer mode, you can install apps from any source and use advanced features. Developers like to use this mode.
You may don’t know how to turn on or turn off developer mode on your device. In this post, we will show you how to do this on all devices.
How to Turn on/off Developer Mode on Windows?
How to turn on developer mode on Windows?
- Click Start.
- Go to Settings > Update & Security > For developers.
- Under the Developer Mode section, you need to turn on the button for Install apps from any source, including loose files.
- On the pop-up interface, you need to click the Yes button.
How to turn off developer mode on Windows 10?
It is also easy. You just need to go to Start > Settings > Update & Security > For developers to turn off the button for Install apps from any source, including loose files instead.
How to Turn on/off Developer Mode on Mac?
How to turn on developer mode on Mac?
- Click the Apple menu.
- Go to System Preferences > Security & Privacy > General.
- Click the lock icon on the bottom-left corner to unlock the settings.
- Select Anywhere for Allow apps downloaded from.
How to turn off developer mode on Mac?
If you want to turn off developer mode on Mac, you can select App Store or App Store and identified developers for Allow apps downloaded from in the above step.
How to Turn on/off Developer Mode on Chromebook?
We have introduces how to turn on or turn off developer mode on Chromebook in this post: Full Guide - How to Turn on/off Chrome OS Developer Mode.
How to Turn on/off Developer Mode on Android?
If you want to enable the developer options on your Android device, you need to locate the build number in Settings and then tap it many times. Here are the things you need to do:
- Go to Settings > System > About phone > Software info > Build number.
- Tap the build number seven times. Perhaps, you also need to use your PIN for verification.
- Once the developer options are activated, you will see a message saying You are now a developer.
- Go back to Settings and you can see Developer options there.
- Tap Developer options and turn it on if not. If you want to turn off the developer options, you need to turn off the switch for it.
How to root your Android device when necessary? In this article, we will show you some available Android tools that can help you root Android easily.
How to Turn on/off Developer Mode on iOS?
You need to download Xcode to your Mac computer and then use it to turn on developer mode on your iPhone/iPad.
- Open your web browser and go to the Apple Beta Software downloads page.
- Sign in with your Apple ID and password.
- Click the Download button next to Xcode.
- Click View in Mac App Store.
- Click Open App Store.
- Click Get.
- Click the green Install App button.
- Open the Xcode app on your Mac computer.
- Connect your iPhone to your Mac via the USB cable.
- Go to Settings and scroll down to find Developer. You can only see this option when you plug in a Mac computer that is running Xcode. When you see the Developer option, it means that the developer mode is enabled on your iPhone or iPad.
If you want to disable the developer mode on your iPhone/iPad, you just need to unplug it from your Mac.
Now, you should know how to turn on or turn off developer mode on your Windows/Mac/Android/iOS/Chromebook. If you still have other related issues, you can let us know in the comments.