How Can You Recover Deleted Call Log Android Effectively?
- Part 1: You May Lose Android Call Log By Mistake!
- Part 2: How to Recover Deleted Call Log Android
- Part 3: Bottom Line
- Related Articles
- User Comments
Part 1: You May Lose Android Call Log By Mistake!
It must be an annoying thing if you delete some important call logs on your Android device, especially when you have no time to record them or add them to your Android contacts list. For instance, you just want to delete the useless call logs from your Android device, but you accidently remove some of the unrecorded outbound and inbound call numbers which are important to you. You might quite concern about this issue "how to recover deleted call log Android?"
For iPhone users who want to recover deleted call history, please refer to this previous article: Top 2 Best Solutions to Recover Deleted iPhone Call History.
Before fixing this issue, we will introduce you some related matters. However, if you are only interested in the way to recover deleted call logs Android, you can skip to part 2 to learn it.
Is It Possible to Recover Deleted Call Log on Android?
Android call log loss may be caused by many reasons, such as accidental deletion, factory reset, virus attack, Android update, and more. When this issue happens, is it possible to recover deleted call log on Android device?
Android data loss issue may be caused by different reasons mentioned above. When you are facing these issues, the following posts can help you to recover the deleted or lost Android data effectively:
1. Solved - How to Recover Data after Factory Reset Android
2. Recover Deleted Files Android with MiniTool Mobile Recovery for Android
3. Lost Files After Android Update: Here Are Steps to Recover Them
At first, you should know this word: "Overwriting". This is a term which is used to describe the process of old information or data which are replaced by new ones. Generally speaking, when data are deleted, they are not wiped from your Android device immediately. Under this circumstance, you are able to recover them with a piece of special data recovery software. However, after data have been physically overwritten by new data, the previous data are no longer possible to be recovered.
Similarly, it is possible to find deleted call history Android as long as they are not overwritten by new data. Then, do you know how to avoid overwriting? Please see the following section.
Prevent Your Android Call Log from Being Overwritten
Once you decide to recover deleted call log on your Android device, you need to take some measures to prevent these deleted call logs from being overwritten.
These are the things you need to pay attention to:
1. Disable your Android Wi-Fi connection
When your Android device’s Wi-Fi is on, the system may download the new Android version, or the APPs on your Android device will upgrade automatically. In fact, all of these operations may cause Android call log to be overwritten. So, please disable your Android Wi-Fi connection if you want to recover deleted call logs on your Android device.
2. Stop writing any data to your Android device
After Android call histories are deleted, you need to stop using your Android device as soon as possible because any new data may overwrite the old data which will cause the deleted Android call logs unrecoverable.
"Here are two important things you need to pay attention to after you delete some important Android call logs by accident. And of course, you can also share this useful information with your friends to remind them."Click to tweet
Now, it’s time to tell you how to get deleted call history Android. You can read on.
Part 2: How to Recover Deleted Call Log Android
As to Android call log recovery, you need to consider using a piece of Android data recovery software. In this case, we recommend you to use this professional tool - MiniTool Mobile Recovery for Android.
This software has two recovery modules: "Recover from Phone" and "Recover from SD-Card". With these two recovery modules, you can recover the deleted or lost data such as messages, contacts, call histories, photos, videos, audios, and more from Android phone, tablet & SD card. All of these recovered data can be saved on the computer. Thus the original data on your Android device will not be overwritten by new data.
If you are running Windows 10/8.1/8/7, you can download and install this software’s Free Edition to your computer to have a try, because this freeware allows you to recover 10 pieces of Android call histories.
1. Please pay attention to this premise: you need to root your Android device before you use this software to recover deleted call histories Android. Otherwise, this software will be unable to extract the data on your Android device.
2. When you are using this software to recover deleted call log Android, please just close any other Android management program. Otherwise, this software may not work properly.
Here in this post, we will show you how to retrieve deleted call logs on Samsung with this software. If you are using other brands of Android devices, the operations are the same.
Step 1: Connect your Android device to the computer via USB cable and open the software to enter its main interface. If you want to find deleted call history Android, you need to click on "Recover from Phone" module to continue.
Step 2: If you haven’t enabled USB debugging on your Android device, you will see the following interface. This interface shows you how to enable USB debugging of different Android versions. Please choose a corresponding guide to enable USB debugging. Here in this post, the Samsung is running Android 6.0. So, the fourth guide in this interface is selected. If the USB debugging has already been turned on but you still enter this interface, you can reconnect your Android device to have a try again.
1. For Android 2.3 and the earlier versions, please go to "Settings" > "Applications" > "Development" > check "USB debugging";
2. For Android 3.0 to 4.1, please go to "Settings" > "Develop options" > check "USB debugging";
3. For Android 4.2 to 5.2, please go to "Settings" > "About phone" > tap "Build number" 7 times until you open the developer mode > go back to "Settings" > "Developer options" > check "USB debugging";
4. For Android 6.0 and the above versions, please go to "Settings" > "About device" > "Software info" > tap "Build number" for 7 times to open developer mode > go back to "Settings" > "Developer options" > check "USB debugging".
Step 3: Then you will enter this interface which informs you to allow USB debugging. Here, we recommend you to check "Always allow from this computer" option and click on "OK" on your Android device. Then you will skip this step when you use this software on the same computer next time.
Step 4: Then, you will enter this interface. Two scan modes are listed in this interface. If you only want to recover deleted call log Android, "Quick Scan" mode can fully satisfy your demand. When you select "Quick Scan" from this interface, you can see that "Contacts", "Messages", "Call History", as well as "WhatsApp messages & attachments" are checked by default. Here, you can uncheck the unnecessary file type(s) and click on the right lower side button "Next" to continue.
1. "Quick Scan" mode can only recover the deleted text data including contacts, short messages and call logs. Moreover, this mode can scan the existing data on the Android device. That is to say, you are able to check the media data such as gallery, audio, video and documents on this interface, but this software will only display the existing data of these types in the scan result interface.
2. "Deep Scan" mode will cost more time to scan the whole Android device, and then display all the deleted and lost Android data as long as they are not overwritten by new data. If you want to recover the media data including gallery, audio, video and documents on Android device, you need to check this scan mode.
Step 5: When the scanning process is finished, you will see the scan result interface. Because only "Call History" is selected in this case, you can see that the icon of "Call History" on the left list is in light blue. Then, just click on this icon to view the scanned items including deleted Android call logs which are in red and existing items which are in black. If you only want to view the deleted items, please switch this button to "ON".
This software can scan and display the existing data on the Android device, so you can use it to recover data when your Android device is broken. There is a step-by-step guidance which can lead you to do this job: "Recover Data from Broken Android Phone" Issue Is Solved.
Step 6: Then, you can check the Android call logs you want to retrieve, and click on the lower right side "Recover" button. Then, it will pop out a small window. In this window, you can directly click on the blue button "Recover" to save the selected items to the software’s default storage path; or, you can also click on the white button "Browse" to select another path on the computer to save these selected Android call logs.
Step 7: Then you will see a pop-out window as follows. Here, you can click on the lower left side button "View Result" to enter the specified storage device and view the recovered Android call logs directly.
1. If you only want to recover 10 or fewer call histories on Android device, this Free Edition is enough to meet your needs. However, if you want to retrieve more than 10 pieces of Android call logs, you’d better purchase an advanced version from the MiniTool official site.
2. In addition, there is a little trick you should know: after using the Free Edition, you think this software can find the deleted Android data you want and decide to purchase an advanced version. You don’t need to restart the software to register this software. Here, you can click this icon in the interface, and then enter the license key you buy into the pop-out window to register it. Thus you can stay on the scan result interface, and then recover Android data directly.
In this case, "Recover from SD-Card" module is not suitable to do Android call log recovery because this recovery module is used to recover deleted media data including photos, videos & audios, as well as text data including document data from Android SD card, and the deleted call history is not included in these recoverable data types.
However, this recovery module is also very powerful. For instance, if you delete some important data on your Android SD card by accident, you can use this recovery module to retrieve them. On the other hand, this module can even recover the formatted data from the Android SD card.
"If you think MiniTool Mobile Recovery for Android is useful for you to recover deleted call log Android as well as other Android data, you can share it with your friends."Click to tweet
Part 3: Bottom Line
After reading this post, you will discover that recovering deleted call log Android is not a difficult task. With "Recover from Phone" module of MiniTool Mobile Recovery for Android, you can easily recover deleted call log Android. And the Free Edition allows you to recover 10 pieces of Android call logs. So, Android users can try this software by using its Free Edition.
You may encounter some issues when you are using this software. In this situation, please feel free to contact us. Here, you can directly leave a message on the following comment zone. Besides, you can also send us an email to [email protected]. We will give you a reply as soon as possible. At the same time, you can share your good ideas, suggestions and Android data recovery solutions with us. Thank you in advance!