If you can’t find webcam in Device Manager on your Windows 10 computer, your webcam will not work normally. Don’t worry! In this post, MiniTool Software will show you some available solutions to get it back.
Can’t Find Webcam in Device Manager?
If your camera is not working on your computer, you can go to Device Manager to reinstall or update the webcam driver to fix the issue. Normally, you can find the webcam drive under Imaging devices in Device Manager. But if webcam not showing up in Device Manager or webcam is not detected on your computer, do you know how to get it back? We collect some useful methods and show them in this post.
What to Do if Webcam Not in Device Manager?
- Troubleshoot your camera
- Turn on the camera on your computer
- Update Windows 10
- Scan for hardware changes
- Manually add the webcam driver to Device Manager
- Install the Dell Webcam App
- Enable Webcam in BIOS
Fix 1: Troubleshoot Your Camera
When webcam is not in Device Manager, you need to check whether there is something wrong with your camera.
- Use Windows search to search for control panel.
- Select the first result to open Control Panel.
- Select Devices and Printers. If you can’t find this option, you need to select Large icons or Small icons for view by.
- Find your camera and then right-click it.
- Select Troubleshoot.
On the other hand, you can also run Hardware and Devices troubleshooter to fix the issue:
- Open Windows search and search for cmd.
- Click the first result to open Command Prompt.
- Type exe -id DeviceDiagnostic and press Enter to open Hardware and Devices troubleshooter.
- Run this tool to solve the issue.
Is Hardware and Devices Troubleshooter missing from your Windows computer? In this post, we will show you how to open it using the command line.
Fix 2: Turn on the Camera on Your Computer
If you can’t find your camera or your Windows doesn’t detect it, you need to go to Settings to check whether the device is turned on.
- Go to Start > Settings > Privacy > Camera.
- Make sure the button for Allow apps to access your camera is turned on.
Fix 3: Update Windows 10
Since webcam is not showing up in Device Manager on your computer, you can’t use the universal method to update a device driver. But you can update your Windows 10 to do the job.
You can just go to Start > Settings > Update & Security > Windows Update to check for updates.
Fix 4: Scan for Hardware Changes
If you still can’t find webcam in Device Manager after upgrading Windows 10, the possibility is that the system hasn’t detected it. You can scan for hardware changes to have a try.
- Open Device Manager.
- Click the computer icon to scan for hardware changes on your computer.
Fix 5: Manually Add the Webcam Driver to Device Manager
- Open Device Manager.
- Go to Action > Add legacy hardware.
- Click Next on the pop-up window.
- Select Install hardware that I manually select from a list (Advanced).
- Select Cameras.
- Click Next.
- You will see the devices list you can install on your computer.
- Select the target device.
- Click Next.
- When the installation process ends, you need to restart your computer.
Fix 6: Install Dell Webcam App
If you are using a Dell computer and webcam is not in Device Manager, you can manually install the Dell webcam app to have a try.
You can go to the Dell drivers’ page and search for the webcam driver according to your system model or service tag. Then, you can download and install the driver on your computer. At last, you will need to restart your computer.
Fix 7: Enable Webcam in BIOS
If you can’t find webcam in Device Manager after updating BIOS, you can access BIOS to check whether the webcam is enabled or functioning. If not, you need to enable it and then check whether you can find webcam in Device Manager.
If webcam is not showing in Device Manager on your computer, you can just try the solutions mentioned in this post to help you out. Should you have any other issues, you can let us know in the comments.