This tutorial introduces how to create a Command Prompt desktop shortcut and how to create a shortcut for a specific Command Prompt command on Windows 10/11. For more computer tips, tricks, and free tools, you may visit MiniTool Software official website.
Create a Desktop Shortcut for Command Prompt
To quickly open Command Prompt app on Windows 10/11, you can create a Command Prompt desktop shortcut. Check how to do it by using the two ways below.
Way 1 – Add Command Prompt to Desktop
- Press Windows + S to open the Windows Search box.
- Type cmd in the search box.
- Right-click the Command Prompt app from the search results and select Open file location.
- After you locate Command Prompt in File Explorer, you can right-click the Command Prompt application and select Send to > Desktop (create shortcut). This will create a desktop shortcut for Command Prompt on your Windows 10/11 computer.
Way 2 – Create a Command Prompt Shortcut from Desktop
- Right-click the blank area on your computer desktop and select New > Shortcut.
- In the Create Shortcut window, you can type the location of Command Prompt: %windir%\system32\cmd.exe and click Next.
- Type Command Prompt as the name of the shortcut. Click Finish to create a Command Prompt desktop shortcut on Windows 10/11.
Create a Shortcut for a Command Prompt Command
You can also create a shortcut for a specific Command Prompt command. You can double-click the command’s desktop shortcut to quickly run the command each time. Check how to do it below.
- Right-click the blank area of your computer desktop and select New > Shortcut.
- In the Create Shortcut window, type C:\Windows\System32\cmd.exe /k your-command. This will run the command and keep the Command Prompt open.
- Or you can type C:\Windows\System32\cmd.exe /c your-command. This will run the command and close the Command Prompt window. Replace “your-command” with the exact command you want to run.
- Click Next.
- Type a name for the shortcut of the CMD command. Click Finish.
- Next time, you can double-click the desktop shortcut of the command to fast run the command.
Other Ways to Fast Launch Command Prompt
Way 1. Press Windows + R, type cmd, and press Enter. To run Command Prompt as administrator, you can press Ctrl + Shift + Enter.
Way 2. Press Windows + S, type cmd, and select Command Prompt. To run CMD as administrator, you can right-click Command Prompt and select Run as administrator.
This post mainly introduces how to create a Command Prompt desktop shortcut and how to create a shortcut for particular CMD commands. Hope it helps.
For more tutorials about Windows Command Prompt, you may visit MiniTool News Center.
If you mistakenly deleted some files or lost some important files on your Windows computer, you may try MiniTool Power Data Recovery to restore data.
MiniTool Power Data Recovery is a professional data recovery program for Windows. You can use it to recover any deleted or lost files, photos, videos, emails, etc. from Windows computers, USB flash drives, memory cards, external hard drives, SSDs, etc. It can help tackle various data loss situations. You can run this program and select a drive or the entire disk to scan. After the scan, you can check the scan result to find the wanted files to store in another safe place.