Users like to set a password for their devices in order to prevent unauthorized access. However, the awkward situation is they forgot the password sometimes while others don't know it. The only way to solve such problem is to reset the password. At this time, a password reset disk becomes necessary; it allows you to change the password forcibly without knowing the old one.
Windows Password Reset Disk
As the name suggests, a password reset disk refers to a disk used to reset the password for users when they can’t remember it or have trouble logging in with the password. With the Windows password reset disk, users are allowed to change the user password on the Windows login screen even if they don’t know the old one.
Can you get into a computer if you forgot the password?
Some people complained: I’m locked out of Windows 10 since I forgot my password. What should they do? In fact, there is a Forgotten Password Wizard feature built in Windows; it enables users to create a password reset disk so as to remove password Windows 10 and bypass Windows 7 password.
How to Remove Password from Windows 10
Both the Windows 10 and Windows 7 password reset tool should be stored on a removable media like a USB flash drive; you need to prepare one in advance.
How to create password reset disk Windows 10 (it also works for Windows 8):
- Press Windows + S to open search box.
- Type control panel into the textbox.
- Choose Control Panel App from the search result or just press Enter on the keyboard.
- Click User Accounts link at the top right.
- Click User Accounts again in the right pane of the next window. (You need to connect the USB drive to computer before the next step.)
- Select Create a password reset disk from the left sidebar.
- Click Next in the Forgotten Password Wizard main window.
- Select the USB drive you prepared under I want to create a password key disk in the following drive. (If there’s only one USB drive, it will be chosen by default.)
- Click on the Next Then, enter the current Windows password and click Next.
- Wait for the disk creating process to finish.
- Click Next when the Progress bar goes to 100%.
- Finally, click Finish to end the task.
How to do Microsoft account password reset on Windows 10:
- Connect the USB drive to your PC.
- Click Reset Password in the login screen.
- Make sure the USB drive is selected under The password key disk is in the following drive.
- Click Next. Then, Type a new password, Type the password gain to confirm, and Type a new password hint.
- Click on the Finish button to confirm your action.
How to Reset Password on Windows 7
How to create a password reset disk Windows 7:
- Click on the Start button in the lower left corner of PC screen.
- Select Control Panel from the Start menu.
- Click the User Accounts and Family Safety link.
- Click User Accounts. (You need to connect the USB drive to computer before the next step.)
- Select Create a password reset disk from the left menu bar.
- Follow the on-screen instructions in Forgotten Password Wizard to finish creating the password reset disk.
Some people said they forgot password Windows 7. In fact, the steps to finish Windows 7 password reset are the same as those mentioned in the Windows 10 password reset process.