When you play Destiny 2, you may get the error code chicken. This is related to your network configuration. How can you fix Destiny 2 error code chicken in your PC? Some useful solutions are introduced in this post on the MiniTool website and just try them to easily get rid of your trouble.
Error Code Chicken Destiny 2
As a free-to-play online-only multiplayer first-person shooter video game, Destiny 2 is popular with many players. But when trying to connect to Destiny 2, many error codes always happen, for example, weasel, bee, centipede, baboon, anteater, and more.
Besides, you can encounter another error code – Destiny 2 error code chicken. On the screen, you can see the detailed error message “Your connection to Destiny character servers has been lost. Please check your network configuration and try again. For information on resolving this issue visit help.bungie.net and search for error code: chicken”.
The error code is related to the network configuration. And the main reasons for the code are the corrupted console cache, the issue with Internet connection or Internet provider, etc. To fix the error code, you should follow these solutions below.
How to Fix Destiny Error Code Chicken
Try to Reconnect or Use a Wired Connection
If the servers are too crowded, some strange error codes may appear. According to Bungie, you can try reconnecting for a few minutes before fixing the error code in other ways. This is proved to be helpful.
If Destiny error code chicken still happens, use an Ethernet cable to connect your console directly to the router and switch to a wired connection.
Power Cycle Your Modem or Router
This is a way proved to be helpful, so you can also have a try.
- Remove all the connections to your modem or router.
- Power off them and remove all the power cords.
- After resting the device for 2 minutes, connect all the connections and power on the router or modem.
- When starting the router or modem and the light is consistent, connect your computer with the network.
- Launch Destiny 2 and see if the error code chicken is deleted.
Related article: Modem VS Router: What Is the Difference Between Them?
Clear Cache in Console
Like a browser, the console also stores cache including temporary data and game files to help run the game fast and efficiently without downloading the game file every instance. But sometimes the temporary files are corrupted, overwritten, or have other malfunctions, leading to the connection issue with the server. As a result, Destiny 2 chicken error occurs.
To fix the issue, you can delete the cache in the console by following these steps:
1. Go to the Xbox settings and choose Network.
2. Navigate to Advanced settings > Alternate MAC address.
3. Choose Clear cache and click Yes.
- Press and hold the power button to shut down the console.
- Unplug power cords, press and release the power button to clear the console’s cache.
- Reconnect the power cords, insert the power adapter into the switch and wait for the console to restart.
Related article: How to Clear Cache on PS4, Xbox and PC
Clear Download Cache on Steam
For Steam users, clearing the download cache is helpful to fix Destiny 2 error code chicken.
- Launch this client, go to Steam > Settings.
- Under the Downloads tab, click Clear Download Cache.
- Confirm the operaiton.
Then, re-launch Destiny and see if the error code chicken is removed.
Restore License on PS4
This is only applicable for PS4. It can restore all the licenses of all games, add-ons, and DLCs of the PSN account. It is easy to operate:
- Open PlayStation 4 and go to Settings.
- Navigate to PlayStation Network > Account Management.
- Go to Restore License > Restore.
Connect to a Hotspot
According to users, this is another useful method to fix destiny error code chicken. Follow these steps below:
Step 1: Open Control Panel and choose Network and Sharing Center.
Step 2: Click Change adapter settings.
Step 3: Right-click your network adapter and choose Properties.
Step 4: Under the Sharing tab, check the box of Allow other network users to connect through this computer’s Internet connection.
Step 5: Click Settings to check all the options listed and save the change.
Step 6: Run Command Prompt as an administrator, type the commands, and press Enter after each one:
netsh wlan set hostednetwork mode=allow ssid=VirtualNetworkName key=Password
netsh wlan start hostednetwork
Step 7: After the hotspot is created, connect your console to it, launch Destiny, and see if the error code chicken disappears.
Destiny 2 error code chicken can be easily fixed. Just try these solutions above. In addition to these solutions, you can choose to reinstall Destiny 2 to fix the error code. If all of these fail, contact your ISP.