Check what Dolby Digital Audio is and how to download and install Dolby Audio for Windows 10/11 PC in this post. For more computer tips and tricks, you can visit MiniTool Software official website.
What Is Dolby Digital (Audio)?
Dolby Digital, also known as Dolby AC3, is an audio compression technology developed by Dolby Laboratories. Dolby Digital audio compression is lossy and based on MDCT algorithm. Dolby Digital was firstly used to provide digital sound in cinemas and now is widely used in TV broadcast, satellite radio broadcast, digital video streaming, blue-ray discs, game consoles, etc.
Dolby Digital Audio Download for Windows 10/11
Dolby Audio is specifically designed for PC manufacturers and is generally preinstalled on licensed Windows 10/11 PCs. It can’t work well on unlicensed devices. Dolby Audio application lets you control the Dolby sound on Windows 10/11 PCs or laptops and delivers a home theater quality virtual surround sound experience for your devices. You can download Dolby Audio Application from Microsoft Store.
- Open Microsoft Store app on Windows 11/10 or you can go to Microsoft Store website in your browser. Search for Dolby Audio to go to its download page.
- On the Dolby Audio download page, you can click the Get button to quickly download and install Dolby Digital Audio for your Windows 10/11 PC.
Dolby Audio download requirements: Xbox, Windows 10 version 16299.0 or higher, Windows 10 version 15063.0 or higher.
How to Convert Audio Format for Free on Windows 10/11
If you need to convert audio formats from one to another, MiniTool Video Converter helps you easily do the task.
MiniTool Video Converter is a professional video and audio converter program for Windows. It is also a free YouTube downloader and screen recorder.
MiniTool Video Converter supports 1000+ formats. You can use this program to convert any audio file including Dolby Digital audio file to your preferred audio format like MP3. It lets you convert any video file to MP4 or any other format you like.
Its built-in Screen Record module lets you record the computer screen with ease. You can choose any area on your PC screen to record and optionally record screen with audio. It supports MP4, AVI, WMV, MKV, MOV, or TS output format.
Its built-in Video Download module allows you to download any YouTube videos for offline playback.
- Launch MiniTool Video Converter on your PC or laptop.
- Under Video Convert module, you can click “+” icon in the middle to select and load the source audio file into the program.
- Then you can click Edit icon in the Target section, click Audio tab, select MP3 or any other audio format you like as the output.
- Click Convert button, and the software will automatically convert the audio file at a fast speed.
- After conversion, you can click Converted tab and click Show in folder button to check the converted audio file.
This post introduces Dolby Digital Audio and how to download and install Dolby Audio for Windows 10/11 PC. If you are looking for more computer solutions and tools, you can visit the News Center of MiniTool Software website. MiniTool Software also provides you MiniTool Power Data Recovery, MiniTool Partition Wizard, MiniTool ShadowMaker, MiniTool Video Repair, MiniTool Video MovieMaker, etc.