This post introduces AOL Desktop Gold and teaches you how to download, install, uninstall, and reinstall AOL Desktop Gold on your Windows 10/11 PC.
What Is AOL Desktop Gold?
AOL Desktop Gold is an app that combines all the things that you know and love about AOL. It not only includes a popular email app AOL Mail but also lets you discover various things in one platform, including the latest news related to politics, weather, entertainment, lifestyle, finance, sports, games, etc.
You can download AOL Desktop Gold app for computer or mobile for easy access. Check the detailed instructions below.
How to Download and Install AOL Desktop Gold
System requirements to download AOL Desktop Gold on PC:
- Windows 7/8/10/11.
- At least 512 MB of free hard drive space.
- At least 1 GB RAM.
- 266 MHz or faster computer processor.
- A well-connected internet connection.
If you meet the requirements to get AOL Desktop Gold, you can follow the steps below.
- Go to https://discover.aol.com/products-and-services/aol-desktop-for-windows in your browser.
- Click AOL Desktop for Windows under Software & Downloads. It will start to download the AOL Desktop installation package to your PC.
- After it finishes downloading, you can click the Install_AOL_Desktop.exe file to follow the instructions to install AOL Desktop Gold on your Windows 11/10/8/7 PC.
Tip: AOL Desktop Gold offers a 30-day free trial with a sign-up. After the trial period, if you like this app, you can choose to pay for a subscription, $4.99 a month, to continue using this app. If you don’t want to use it anymore, you can end the usage after the free trial.
Other 3 ways to download AOL Desktop Gold for Windows:
- If you already subscribed to an AOL Desktop Gold plan, you can log into AOL in your browser and go to the My Account page.
- Click My Services | Subscriptions.
- Click Get Started under AOL Desktop Gold to start downloading AOL Desktop Gold to your PC.
If you are an AOL Advantage Plan member, you can get the AOL Desktop Gold app for Windows 10/11 at zero cost.
- You can go to aol.com and sign into your AOL account.
- Find AOL Desktop Gold under All Products.
- Click Download Now to download and install the AOL Desktop app on your PC.
- After you sign up for AOL, you may receive a signup confirmation email.
- You can check your AOL signup email. Click Download AOL Desktop Gold or Update Now to download AOL Desktop Gold app.
How to Uninstall and Reinstall AOL Desktop Gold
If the AOL Desktop Gold app has problems and you want to uninstall and reinstall it, you can follow the steps below to uninstall AOL Desktop Gold on Windows 10/11.
- Press Windows + R, type control in the Run dialog, and press Enter to open Control Panel.
- Click Uninstall a program under Programs.
- Scroll down to find AOL Desktop Gold, right-click it and select Uninstall to remove this program from your computer.
After this, if you want to download the latest version of AOL Desktop Gold again, you can follow the guide above.
Download the AOL App for Android
- To install the AOL app on Android, you can open the Google Play Store on your device, and search for “AOL” in the store.
- When you get to the AOL – News, Mail & Video page, you can simply tap Install to download and install AOL app for Android with one click.
Top Free Email Services You May Like
- Yahoo Mail
- More free email services
This post teaches you how to download, install, and uninstall AOL Desktop Gold on Windows 10/11.
For more computer tips and tricks, you may visit MiniTool News Center.
For more information about MiniTool Software, you may visit its official website. MiniTool Software offers you many useful free computer tools, e.g. MiniTool Power Data Recovery, MiniTool Partition Wizard, MiniTool ShadowMaker, MiniTool MovieMaker, MiniTool Video Converter, MiniTool Video Repair, and more. You can download and try these programs if you like them.