This post gives a step-by-step guide for how to view saved passwords in Firefox. To manage your passwords, you can also use a free Firefox password manager. This post introduces 5 tools. For more computer guides and tools, you can visit MiniTool Software official website.
When you log in websites, Firefox Password Manager will ask you if you want to save the login information like username and password. You can store your passwords on Firefox. Next time when you visit the same website, the login information will be auto-filled and you can automatically log in.
If you forgot the password of a specific website and want to view the saved password for this website, you can check the Firefox view passwords guide below.
Firefox View Passwords Guide
- Open Firefox browser.
- Click the three-line icon at the top-right corner and select Options from the menu list.
- Click Privacy & Security in the left panel.
- Scroll down in the right window to locate Logins and Passwords Click Saved Logins button.
- Click the login of the target website in the left panel. The username and password of this website are listed in the right window. You can click the Eye icon next to the Password to view the saved password on Firefox.
- If you want, you can click Copy button next to Password to copy the login password of this website to clipboard and paste it to a safe place.
- If you want to delete the saved password of this website, you can click Remove icon to delete it.
- To edit the login information of this account, you can click Edit icon to change the username or password on Firefox.
How to Disable Firefox Password Manager
The password manager has its pros and cons. The advantage of saving passwords on Firefox is that you can easily find your login information in the Firefox Password Manager.
However, the disadvantage is that all your logins are stored in one place, unprotected, this could be unsafe. Firefox lets you create a primary password to protect all your stored logins.
If you want to disable the Password Manager of Firefox and prevent Firefox from saving logins and passwords for all websites, you can follow the steps below.
- Click the three-line Menu icon and choose Options.
- Click Privacy & Security and locate Logins and Passwords.
- Uncheck Ask to save logins and passwords for websites to disable Firefox Password Manager.
If you want to prevent Firefox from saving the login information of a specific website, you can click Exceptions button to add the website link to the list.
How to export Chrome passwords or import password to Chrome? Use Google Chrome built-in Password Manager to easily export or import Chrome passwords.
Top 5 Firefox Password Managers
If you’d like a more comprehensive password manager to help you manage your passwords on Firefox, below is the top 5 tools.
Firefox Lockwise is the default password manager for Firefox web browser. On desktop browser, it is a part of Firefox. On Android and iOS devices, it is available as a standalone app letting you download from the app store.
The top password manager for Firefox offers a password vault to help you save, access, and manage Firefox passwords in one secure place. It also secures all your private information.
This simple and secure password manager does more than create, save, and manage your passwords on Firefox, Chrome, etc.
This free password manager provides a secure and convenient way to manage your Firefox logins and passwords, credit card numbers, bank accounts, and other personal information.
As one of the most popular password management tools, 1Password helps you manage your sensitive information securely.