In Microsoft Word or Excel, you can use the Send to Mail Recipient option to send the document to the specified email client directly. However, if send to mail recipient not working, what should you do to fix it? Read this post to get some solutions. Regarding the data loss issue on your computer, you can ask MiniTool Software for help.
Send to Mail Recipient is a built-in feature in Microsoft Excel and Word. It enables you to quickly and directly access to the email client to send your documents. However, if Send to Mail Recipient not working, do you know how to fix it?
Do you want to get rid of Microsoft Excel not responding issue? In this post, we will show you multiple methods which can fix this issue effectively.
In this post, we summarize some solutions that are proved to be effective. You can try them one by one to solve send to mail recipient not working outlook 2010/2007.
Fix 1: Repair Microsoft Office
Microsoft Office has a built-in option that allows you to perform a quick repair of the program. Try these steps to do the work:
- Press Win and R keys at the same time to open Run.
- Type Control and press Enter to open Control Panel.
- Go to Programs > Programs and Features.
- Right-click on Microsoft Office and choose Change from the popup menu.
- Office will show you two repair options: Quick Repair and Online Repair. Choose one option according to your needs and press Repair.
When the repairing process ends, you can go to check whether you can use the Send to Mail Recipient option as normal.
Fix 2: Set Microsoft Outlook as the Default Mail Client
Usually, the Mail app is set as the default Mail client. If you are using Outlook instead, File Explorer error will occur. To correct this situation, you need to set Microsoft Outlook as the default mail client:
- Go to Start > Settings > Apps > Default Apps .
- Press the Email option under the Email
- Choose Outlook to set it as the default mail client.
If send to mail recipient not working outlook 2007/2010 still persists, try the next one.
In this post, we will show you how to customize the Windows Send to menu including adding folder to Send to menu and removing entries from Send to menu.
Fix 3: Delete MSMAPI32.DLL
The MSMAPI.32.DLL file is associated with the Microsoft Outlook client. If you delete it, Outlook will recreate a new one in the same location.
1. Open File Explorer.
2. Do to the following location on your C drive (select one according to your Windows edition):
For 32-bit: C: -> Program Files (x86) -> Common Files -> system -> MSMAPI -> 1033
For 64-bit: C: -> Program Files -> Common Files -> system -> MSMAPI -> 1033
In case that you can’t find the MSMAPI file after entering the above location, you can go to the following location:
C: -> Program Files (x86) -> Microsoft Office- > root – > vfs -> ProgramFilesCommonX86 -> SYSTEM -> MSMAPI -> 1033
3. Find out the Msmapi32.dll and delete it.
4. Close File Explorer.
5. Type exe in the Search bar.
6. Click it to run it.
7. Launch Outlook to recreate the msmapi32.dll file and launch.
Then, you can try to use this function to see whether it is normal. If not, try the next one.
Fix 4: Reinstall Microsoft Office
Reinstalling Microsoft Office is a direct way to fix the Send to Mail Recipient not working issue. It will remove the corrupted files in the system so as to repair this issue.
You can follow these steps:
1. Open Control Panel.
2. Go to Programs > Programs and Features.
3. Right-click on Microsoft Office and choose Uninstall. Then, follow the wizard to uninstall the program.
4. Download and install a new copy of Microsoft Office to get rid of the Send to Mail Recipient not working issue.
Do you know how to recover deleted excel files in Windows and Mac? In this post, we show you multiple solutions that are based on different situations.
There are also some solutions you can try to fix Send to Mail Recipient not working.
For example, you can create a new user account and use this new account to try to send a document using the Send to Mail Recipient feature. Besides, you can restore your system to a previous restore point to have a try.