If your Windows 10 computer has some sound issues, you can check the 5 tips in this post to help you fix sound problems in Windows 10. For other Windows 10 issues, MiniTool software provides tools and solutions for data loss, disk partition management, system backup and restore, etc.
How to Fix Sound Problems in Windows 10 – 5 Tips
Fix 1.Check Computer Volume Settings
If Windows 10 volume is too low, you can check the volume settings to see if the Windows 10 sound is muted and boost computer sound. You can right-click the sound icon on the right of Windows taskbar and click Open Volume Mixer. Then you can adjust the system sound and the Realtek audio device volume.
Fix 2. Update Audio Device Driver
If your Windows 10 PC has sound problems, you can update your computer sound card drivers and audio device drivers to see if it can help you fix sound issue in Windows 10.
- You can press Windows + X, and select Device Manager to open Device Manager on Windows 10.
- In Device Manager window, you can expand Sound, video and game controllers category.
- Right-click your sound card and select Update driver Alternatively, you can also choose Uninstall device, and restart your computer to reinstall the driver.
- You can also right-click your audio device like Realtek High Definition Audio device and click Update driver to update Realtek audio driver.
After this, check if it fixes the sound problems in your Windows 10 computer, if not, try other tips.
Check how to download and update Dell audio drivers for Windows 10 PC or laptop in this post.
Fix 3. Run Windows 10 Audio Troubleshooter
To fix sound problems in Windows 10, you can also use Windows built-in audio troubleshooter.
- You can press Windows + I to open Windows Settings.
- In Settings window, you can click Update & Security -> Troubleshoot.
- In the right window, you can click Playing Audio, and click Run the troubleshooter button.
- Choose the audio device you want to troubleshoot, and let the troubleshooter to automatically fix audio problems for you.
Fix 4. Select the Right Audio Output Device
If your Windows 10 laptop has no sound, you can check if your computer has selected the right audio device.
- You can right-click the audio icon at the taskbar, and select Open Sound Settings.
- Under Choose your output device, you can click the drop-down menu to select the correct audio output device.
Fix 5. Regularly Update Your System
Windows 10 is constantly updated with new features and updates. Some driver updates may be packed with a Windows 10 update. You can run a Windows 10 update to update some outdated drivers all at once. If you meet sound problems in Windows 10, you can also perform a Windows update to see if it can fix the issue.
- You can press Windows + I to open Windows Settings, click Update & Security.
- Click Windows Update in the left pane and click Check for updates button in the right window to automatically download and install the latest Windows updates on your computer.
If you have sound problems in Windows 10, you can try the 5 tips above to see if they can help you fix audio problems on Windows 10.