This tutorial explores some solutions to help you fix WiFi settings are missing in Windows 10 or Surface device. To deal with other issues of your Windows computer, MiniTool software is professional. This software producer giant designs professional data recovery software, hard drive partition manager, system backup and restore software, etc. for users.
Generally you can connect to a wireless network on your Windows 10 computer or Surface laptop. But if the WiFi settings are missing in Windows 10, you can’t connect to a wireless network.
At the beginning, you can click Start -> Settings -> Network & Internet, and check if the WiFi option is listed in left pane. If you can’t find the WiFi settings in Network & Internet settings, then you may try the solutions below to fix the WiFi settings are missing Windows 10 or Surface error.
Learn how to download free Hola VPN for Chrome, Edge, PC, Mac, Android, iOS, etc. to use it to unblock and access worldwide content online with no limit.
Fix WiFi Settings Missing Windows 10 or Surface - 4 Ways
Tip 1. Restart Your Windows 10 or Surface Computer
The first simple move you can take is to restart your computer. Restarting computer can generally fix minor problems of your computer.
You can click Start -> Power -> Restart to let your computer restart. After it restarts, you can click Start -> Settings -> Network & Internet to check if WiFi settings are visible now.
Tip 2. Update Windows 10
Some WiFi connection problems may be caused by outdated or incompatible Windows components. You can perform a Windows update to install the latest Windows updates on your computer.
- You can click press Windows + I to open Windows Settings.
- Click Update & Security -> Windows Update. And click Check for updates button to check and install available new Windows updates.
- After that, you can restart your computer and check if the WiFi settings are missing Windows 10 error is fixed.
Tip 3. Run Windows Network Troubleshooter
If you are facing the WiFi settings missing error in Windows 10 or Surface, you can run Windows Network troubleshooter to see if it can help fix this error. Windows Network troubleshooter helps fix many network connection problems.
You can click Start -> Settings -> Update & Security -> Troubleshoot. Scroll down in the right panel to find Internet Connections and click it. Then click Run the troubleshooter button to start to diagnose and fix detected internet problems.
This post gives a VeePN review and offers guides on how to download VeePN for Chrome, Edge, Firefox, PC, Mac, Android, iOS, etc. to use this VPN service.
Tip 4. Check If WiFi Is Available in Device Manager
If WiFi is mistakenly disabled in Device Manager, then the WiFi settings are missing on your Windows 10 or Surface device. You can check if WiFi is available in Device Manager by following the instructions below.
- Press Windows + X, and select Device Manager to open Device Manager in Windows 10 or Surface.
- Click Network adapters category to expand it. Check if the wireless network adapter or network controller is listed.
- Double-click the wireless network adapter or network controller, click Driver tab, and click Disable Device. Then you can click Enable Device, and this will restart the network adapter or controller.
- Restart your computer, and check if the WiFi settings are missing problem has been fixed.
Hope one of 4 ways can help you fix WiFi settings missing problem in Windows 10 or Surface. If you have better solution to fix this issue, please do not hesitate to share with us.
User Comments :Post Comment