By reading this post, you will learn about the 6 free FPS counters and all the information these FPS counters have to offer. With this information, you can find the right FPS counter for you. Now, continue to read this post from MiniTool.
Looking for an FPS counter to track game frame rate on Windows 11/10? In this post, we have listed the 6 free FPS counter programs. Besides, we have introduced how to use them with a step-by-step guide.
Top 1: Windows 11/10 Game Bar Built-in FPS Counter
There is a built-in FPS counter on Windows 11/10. It works with Windows 11/10 Game Bar. You can pin the FPS counter to the screen and use it to monitor the frame rate without installing any programs. Here is how to use it.
1. Launch the game you want to record the FPS. Press the Windows+G keys tother to open the game bar.
2. Choose the Performance icon.
3. Select the FPS tab. Move the widget to a corner of the screen. Then, click the pin icon.
Top 2: Steam's FPS Counter
If you launch a game on Steam, you can use the launcher's in-game FPS counter to measure performance, even if you didn't purchase the game on Steam.
Tip: For adding the game you didn’t purchase on Steam to your Steam library, you need to go to the Games menu and choose Add a non-Steam game to my library.
The following is about how to use the Steam FPS counter:
1. Launch Steam. Then, go to Settings.
2. Select the In-Game tab. Open theIn-game FPS counter dropdown menu.
3. Select which corner of the screenyou want it to appear on.
How to run Steam geme as admin? Why do you need to do that? This post tells you how to run Steam game as admin.
Top 3: NVIDIA 's FPS Counter
If you have the latest NVIDIA graphics hardware that supports ShadowPlay, you can also enable the in-game FPS counter through NVIDIA GeForce Experience. The following is how to get and use the NVIDIA FPS counter.
1. Download GeForce Experience from the NVIDIA official website. Then, install it on your Windows 10/11.
2. Launch GeForce Experience and click the Settings button.
3. Then click Overlaysand go to the FPS Counter option.
4. In the new pop-up window, select the FPS Countertab and choose the position where you want the software to display the frame rate on the screen.
Top 4: EA Origin's FPS Counter
If you're playing an EA game, EA Origin has its own FPS counter in the launcher's settings.
1. Click the Origin tab and select Application Settings.
2. Choose the Origin In-Game option, then use the Display FPS Counterdrop-down to choose where it should be displayed on the screen.
Top 5: Ubisoft Connect's FPS Counter
For Ubisoft games, you can turn to the Ubisoft Connect desktop app and enable the FPS counter.
1. Open Ubisoft Connect.
2. Select Settings > General.
3. Turn on the Display FPS counter in game option.
Top 6: AMD Radeon ReLive
AMD Radeon ReLive allows gamers to capture and stream their games online on Youtube, Twitch, or other platforms. It also provides exciting moments, audio recordings, and gameplay screenshots that can be used to upload any montage video.
1. Download AMD Radeon and install and launch it. To use Radeon ReLive, you need to enable it from Radeon™Settings. Open Radeon Settings by right-clicking your Desktop and selecting AMD Radeon Settings.
2. Select ReLive. Then, turn on the Radeon ReLive feature.
3. Once enabled, Radeon ReLive provides many customizable hotkeys - Live Streaming, Recording, and Scene, all of which can be accessed from within the feature's designated tab.
After reading, have you selected the best FPS counter? If you have any doubts about the 6 FPS counters, please leave a message in the following comment zone.