If you don’t know how to open Remote Assistance on your Windows 10 computer, you come to the right place. In this post, MiniTool Software will show you different methods to open Remote Assistance. All these methods are very easy. You can just use one of them to access Remote Assistance and enable remote connection for further helps.
Windows offers you a Remote Assistance feature to allow someone you trust to watch or even control your computer remotely to fix your computer issues. To use this feature, you need to first turn it on. (You can refer to this post to enable Remote Assistance if it is disabled: Manual: How to Enable Remote Assistance on Windows 10/8/7?)
When you want to ask for remote assistance, you can open it for further use. If you don’t know how to open Remote Assistance, you can read the following content and select a method you want to use to ask for remote help or assist others to solve their issues.
How to Open Remote Assistance on Windows?
- Open Remote Assistance Via Windows Search
- Open Remote Assistance Via Run
- Open Remote Assistance Via Command Prompt
- Open Remote Assistance Via Windows PowerShell
- Open Remote Assistance Via Control Panel
Way 1: Open Remote Assistance Via Windows Search
You can follow these steps to access Remote Assistance on Windows 10:
1. Click Windows Search (usually, it is a magnifying icon next to Start) and input msra.
2. Select the first result.
3. An interface will pop up, showing you two options as follows. If you want another person to help you, you can select Invite someone you trust to help you to continue. If you want to help others, you can select Help someone who has invited you.
Way 2: Open Remote Assistance Via Run
You can also utilize Run to open Remote Assistance. Here are the things you can do:
- Press Win+R to open the Run dialog.
- Type msra and press OK.
- You will see the same Windows Remote Assistance interface on which you need to select your role to continue.
Way 3: Open Remote Assistance Via Command Prompt
- Run Command Prompt as an administrator.
- Type exe and press Enter.
- Likewise, you can select your role from the pop-out interface to perform remote assistance on your Windows computer.
Way 4: Open Remote Assistance Via Windows PowerShell
You can also access Remote Assistance using Windows PowerShell.
- Right-click Start.
- Select Windows PowerShell (Admin) to open it.
- Type msra and press Enter.
- When you see the Windows Remote Assistance interface, you need to select one option according to your situation to continue.
Way 5: Open Remote Assistance Via Control Panel
The last method to open Remote Assistance on your Windows computer is to use Control Panel.
- Use Windows Search to search for control panel and select the first result to open it.
- Type remote to the search box on the top-right side.
- Select the Invite someone to connect to your PC and help you, or offer to help someone else to open the Windows Remote Assistance interface.
- Select one option according to your situation to use Windows Remote Assistance.
What Is msra?
Reading here, you see that the first four methods use the element msra. What does it mean?
The full meaning of msra should be Microsoft Remote Assistance. Knowing its meaning can help you remember this abbreviation.
Now, you know how to open Remote Assistance on your Windows computer. Don’t hesitate to use it when you encounter some difficult issues and you happen to have a professional friend you trust. Moreover, if you encounter a data loss issue, you can use MiniTool Power Data Recovery, a professional file recovery tool, to get your lost data back. You can press the following button to get the trial edition to have a try.
Should you have any related issues, you can let us know in the comment.