Windows Tools is new in Windows 11. After opening Windows Tools, you can find many Administrative tools, which are Windows snap-in tools like Command Prompt, Control Panel, and more. Do you know how to open Windows Tools in Windows 11? MiniTool Software writes this post to show you some simple methods.
What Is Windows Tools in Windows 11?
On a Windows computer, there are some administrative tools like Command Prompt, Control Panel, Disk Cleanup, Event Viewer, Run, Windows PowerShell, etc. In the Windows versions before Windows 11, these tools were called Administrative Tools. In Windows 11, they are called Windows Tools.
The first Windows 11 Insider preview build was released. In this post, we show you how to download and install Windows 11 Insider preview build.
In Windows 10, you can find these tools from the Start menu. But in Windows 11, all these tools are put into a single folder: Windows Tools. One of the ways to open the Administrative Tools in Windows 11 is to open Windows Tools and select them for opening.
Well then, how to open Windows Tools in Windows 11? I have downloaded and installed Windows 11 on my computer. I try several methods to open the Administrative Tools in Windows 11 via Windows Tools. These methods will be shown in this post.
How Do I Access Windows Tools in Windows 11?
Way 1: Via the App List in Start Menu
You can find Windows Tools from the App list in the Start menu. It is very easy to do this:
You can go to Start > All apps, and scroll down to the W section. Then, you can find Windows Tools. Click it to open it.
Way 2: Use Windows Search
Windows Search can find the apps that are installed on your computer. Of course, you can use it to find and open Windows Tools.
- Click the Search icon in the taskbar.
- Type windows tools into the search box and select the first search result to open it. From the right list, you can find some options like Pin to Start and Pin to taskbar. Yes, you can pin Windows Tools to the Start menu or the taskbar. After doing this, you can open Windows Tools from the Start menu or the taskbar.
Way 3: Through Control Panel
- Use Windows Search to search for control panel and select the first result to open Control Panel.
- Expand the options next to View by and select Large icons. Then, you can find Windows Tools on the interface. Click it to open it.
Way 4: From File Explorer
You can copy and paste a special path to File Explorer to access the Windows Tools folder.
1. Press Windows + E to open File Explorer.
2. Copy and paste the following path to the address in File Explorer and press Enter.
%ProgramData%\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Windows Tools
Unlike the above three methods, you will see the following Windows Tools folder.
These are the ways I use to open Windows Tools in Windows 11. You can just your preferred one to open it.
Which Tools Can You Find in Windows Tools?
In Windows Tools, you can find the following Windows snap-in tools:
- Component Services
- Computer Management
- Defragment and Optimize Drives
- Disk Cleanup
- Event Viewer
- iSCSI Initiator
- Local Security Policy
- ODBC Data Sources (32-bit)
- ODBC Data Sources (64-bit)
- Performance Monitor
- Print Management
- Recovery Drive
- Registry Editor
- Resource Monitor
- System Configuration
- System Information
- Task Scheduler
- Windows Firewall with Advanced Security
- Windows Memory Diagnostic
Just try them.
Want to know other information about Windows 11? Let us know in the comments.